Main Menu

Forum Upgrade

Started by CC, Feb 08, 2019, 05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Enjoy.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into issues.

CC

One thing I noticed is that previous youtube embeds don't work anymore. New embeds should work fine. If you want to fix an old one you can edit it and remove the url except the last part, so [youtube]https://youtu.be/3LGDI_oz1Dg[/youtube] would become [youtube]3LGDI_oz1Dg[/youtube]If you want to embed a video from now on just click the youtube icon and insert the full youtube link. Same with images.

Crispy

Looks great. Bathtub Man survived! I can't see an easy way to make him scoot across the screen anymore though  :cry:

:bath:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

searchinbig

Looks nice CC, and thanks for keeping this going for a non social media old man to use!

Is it me or where do you log in???
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

CC

Quote from: searchinbig on Feb 08, 2019, 09:35 AMLooks nice CC, and thanks for keeping this going for a non social media old man to use!

Is it me or where do you log in???

how did you log in now?

there's a login link in the top bar (when you're logged out)

searchinbig

Not seeing it on my computer, only says "HOME" and "SIGN UP".

I logged in by clicking on your name, then it asked me for my log in info.

Maybe cause I'm at work??
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

searchinbig

QuoteNot seeing it on my computer, only says "HOME" and "SIGN UP".

I logged in by clicking on your name, then it asked me for my log in info.

Maybe cause I'm at work??
Nix that CC, the old man found it!!  Thanks!

rkwedge

Looks good CC, thanks for all you do.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Great job.  And thank you for keeping this site up and running.  I never knew who it was, so again, many thanks!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Cameron

I had to do the same thing to login.  When I just clicked the link at the top of the page it gave me an error.

CC

Quote from: Cameron on Feb 08, 2019, 12:12 PMI had to do the same thing to login.  When I just clicked the link at the top of the page it gave me an error.

what does the error say exactly?

Cameron

It just said "error"

Works now though.

Murph

I'm going to take this opportunity to jump to conclusions.  We have this upgraded, fancy new forum because the band is going to announce their new live album and additional dates soon. 

rkwedge

Quote from: Murph on Feb 08, 2019, 02:57 PMI'm going to take this opportunity to jump to conclusions.  We have this upgraded, fancy new forum because the band is going to announce their new live album and additional dates soon. 
I have to admit, something like that crossed my mind to. New Roll Call to Please.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Jellyfish

Quote from: CC Baxter on Feb 08, 2019, 12:25 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Feb 08, 2019, 12:12 PMI had to do the same thing to login.  When I just clicked the link at the top of the page it gave me an error.

what does the error say exactly?
It does the same thing for me,I think it's adblock on my pc though.I clicked around a little and now it worked but I had a hard time logging in. 
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

CC

Quote from: Jellyfish on Mar 06, 2019, 10:34 AMIt does the same thing for me,I think it's adblock on my pc though.I clicked around a little and now it worked but I had a hard time logging in. 

The main login is now via a popup screen so a really aggressive adblocker might indeed block it. Turning it off for this site should solve it.

RobRoy286

Does everyone else get the "webpage not secure" warning when they go to login?

GO4IT

Not I, and I have Norton on my laptop that has warned me about other sites.

APR

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Mar 16, 2019, 03:55 PMDoes everyone else get the "webpage not secure" warning when they go to login?

Quote from: GO4IT on Mar 16, 2019, 05:48 PMNot I, and I have Norton on my laptop that has warned me about other sites.

I did not get that either.

sillyboob

Are people able to login to the Forum on an iPhone since the Forum upgrade?  Tried to today and received an error.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.