The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: ericm on Nov 16, 2018, 10:43 AMDeadwood movie in the works with all the main characters on board!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Can't wait.  :smiley:

watched it this weekend. I quite enjoyed it and made the decision to watch with subtitles because the language is quite rich. It was really well done with how they used callbacks to the series. I was worried they'd have an exposition on every key plot carried over from the series and it would bog down the movie.
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

also digging what I've seen of the 3 episodes of Barry we've watched.
Don't you ever turn it off

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 03, 2019, 03:02 PMalso digging what I've seen of the 3 episodes of Barry we've watched.

Holy hell this is another great show. They just completed season two and it's even better than season one IMO.

I'm glad you're digging it too, as I'm hooked on it. The only thing bad about it for me is each episode is too damn short! I wish it was an hour per episode instead of a half. It's over in a flash.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jackets N Pones

Barry Season 2 is  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Lol Fuches
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

LBSUNFLWR

Victory Dance was played in this week's episode of Big Little Lies!! So cool to hear.

Jackets N Pones

Anyone else watch Insecure on HBO? Laugh out loud funny and the music/style/LA backdrop is amazing. Highly recommend!

ChiefOKONO

Just started watching it after meaning to for a long time.  It is pretty great so far!!!

I first watched her web series "The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl" on youtube which I loved!!

Jackets N Pones

Ok cool I gotta check that out next!

ChiefOKONO

What We Do In The Shadows is Hilarious!!!

I have been wanting to see it for a while.. loved the movie!

MMJ_fanatic

Couple of music related shows:
1) I watched "Echo in The Canyon" a single episode celebrating the Laurel Canyon music season back in the 50s/60s/70s.  Good show
2) REALLY enjoying watching the "Laurel Canyon" show currently (multi episode doc about same scene.  Such a magical scene back then...
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

LBSUNFLWR

We loved the newest Laurel Canyon two episode doc. Wish it was longer.

ChiefOKONO

Those sound good!!

I really enjoyed the netflix show Never Have I Ever.. pretty funny!

ChiefOKONO

Silicon Valley is awesome, I love it so much!!!

Jackets N Pones

Zoe Kravitz is awesome in the TV adaptation of High Fidelity on Hulu. Also Plop from The Office. Was really hoping some MMJ or JJ solo would make its way on the soundtrack but it unfortunately did not. Either way it is great

ChiefOKONO

I do want to check out High Fidelity since I loved the movie.

Pen15 is so great and hilarious.  It's my favorite new show and season2 just came out!

Jackets N Pones

Last Man on Earth hands down too three funniest TV shows ever!

ChiefOKONO

Finally had a chance to get into Schitt's Creek this year.  Awesome show, I loved all of it.  Huge fan of Eugene Levy's work and now his son.
The post show interview show is really nice too.

It reminded me of some other favorites such as Parks and Recreation and Trial and Error so I knew I would love it.

sillyboob

Definitely agree with you ChiefOKONO.

The wife & I just finished Schitt's Creek as well.  It was fun to watch. 
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ChiefOKONO

The new series The Family is pretty wild and mind blowing.  I'm going through it fast.. only 6 episodes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_(miniseries)

The Family is an American documentary web television miniseries that premiered on Netflix on August 9, 2019. The series examines a conservative Christian group—known as the Family or the Fellowship—its history, and investigates its influence on American politics.[1][2][3]

The series was executive produced by Jeff Sharlet, who previously wrote books about the same organization, including C Street: The Fundamentalist Threat to American Democracy and The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power.[4]

ChiefOKONO

Queen's Gambit was awesome!!!