2019 Tour Wishlist

Started by RobRoy286, Jun 19, 2019, 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

Well, folks, I hesitate to even consider 2019 a "tour," but the fact is that we FINALLY have Jacket shows on our calendars!

What are you hoping to see/hear at your shows this year? Even if you aren't attending, is there anything you'd like to see them do?

Ill be at Red Rocks. For me...

- Hell. My definitive #1 request. This song has really crept up on my favorites list and I really think it's one of the best songs Jim has ever written. It's got that classic creepiness to it.

- By My Car. Was so lucky to see Jim play this in Chicago, even with some drunk fool talking through the whole thing. The melody is just so beautiful, and TTF songs are taken to another level with the current lineup. The OBH4 recording is one of my favorite live tracks of all time.

- Honest Man. Never seen them play it and I'm always up for a SCORCHING rock jam. I've successfully converted my girlfriend into a Jacket fan after NYE 2017, and this is her top request.

- It Makes No Difference. I'll have Robb back me up on this one.

- IWBTWYD. What a feeling when between psychedelic jams and hard rockers, things slow down and Jim shows off his singer/songwriter chops. Especially with Carl's harmonies.

- Where to Begin. The song That first grabbed my girlfriend's attention. Would be really special to experience this with her. I wasn't there, but the Red Rocks 2012 recordings really catalyzed my love for the live tracks - IWBTWYD into Where Begin in that encore is so great.

Would love to see them stray from the usual openers/closers but I really would never complain about a Victory Dance opener or OBH/Mahgeetah closer. With this show being a reunion of sorts, I think it'd be cool for them to acknowledge it with some songs. Friends Again, Welcome Home, etc.

What are we hopin for?!

Jbpats

In No Particular Order:

Magic Bullet
Carried Away or 4th of July
Strangulation
Day is coming
Knot Comes Loose
Remnants

RobRoy286

Quote from: Jbpats on Jun 19, 2019, 09:27 AMIn No Particular Order:

Magic Bullet
Carried Away or 4th of July
Strangulation
Day is coming
Knot Comes Loose
Remnants
Ah yes, good call with the Carl tunes! Would love to see them try Retired or Wished Out as well. And I forgot about The Day is Coming! Sounds so much better with Jim playing guitar on it.

MMJTX

I second some of yall's
-Carried Away or 4th of July (wasn't at NYE shows but have listened to that Carried Away a LOT)
- Honest Man (srsly such an underrated Jam, i went nuts at OBH4 during it, love this song)
- Thank You Too! (for my fiance, this will be our first dance song at our wedding)
- Remnants (same for me as Honest Man, such a jam, rarely gets played, think it wears on Jim's voice but it's sickkkk)
-Grab a Body or That's Too Bad (srsly need to bust out one of these It Still Moves Reissue B-Sides)
Anytime

SauceGod

wishlist:
(the cap)
weeks go by like days
lil billy
all 24 minutes of cobra
white rabbit

(forest hills)
oh! swwwwwwwwweet nuthin'
carried away
just a fool
anytime > remnants > obh

parkervb

I wonder if any of the new Jim songs will make it into the set. I would not be upset with that development. If they EVER play Carl's cover of "The Way It Will Be" and I am not there, please send someone to check on me.

I'll be at the TN Fire show, so I will get to check off Nashville to KY and Untitled from that album and will be pretty close to getting the all the songs from their LPs (not T5 or OBH4 for me). I'm basically the 2nd half of At Dawn away from it.
Don't you ever turn it off

StillWishing

I will be a happy boy if they play Easy Morning Rebel with the Grab a Body intro from the ISM reissue at FH.

*At least I think new intro is Grab a Body

jttouch2

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 10:25 AMIf they EVER play Carl's cover of "The Way It Will Be" and I am not there, please send someone to check on me.

The Way It Will Be is the top of this list by a mile.

Carried Away/4th of July/Out of Reach from the Carl side of things would be KILLER.

Covers-wise, I'd love to hear Sweet Nuthin or It Makes No Difference get busted back out, I've never seen Tyrone either so that'd be amazing.

And obviously after OBH4 got a full Cobra, I feel like I need to hear that version everytime they play it. So epic.

sillyboob

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 10:25 AMI wonder if any of the new Jim songs will make it into the set. I would not be upset with that development. If they EVER play Carl's cover of "The Way It Will Be" and I am not there, please send someone to check on me.

I'll be at the TN Fire show, so I will get to check off Nashville to KY and Untitled from that album and will be pretty close to getting the all the songs from their LPs (not T5 or OBH4 for me). I'm basically the 2nd half of At Dawn away from it.

So you've seen pretty much their whole album output live, without T5 or OBH4?!?  Wow, impressive.  How many shows have you seen?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

parkervb

Quote from: sillyboob on Jun 19, 2019, 11:10 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 10:25 AMI wonder if any of the new Jim songs will make it into the set. I would not be upset with that development. If they EVER play Carl's cover of "The Way It Will Be" and I am not there, please send someone to check on me.

So you've seen pretty much their whole album output live, without T5 or OBH4?!?  Wow, impressive.  How many shows have you seen?

Not that many comparatively speaking with some of the fine people on here, but I'm at 20 incl Monsters of Folk but I think I've hit a few multi-night runs (Cap, Beacon and RR16) that have gone deep.

jttouch2

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 01:11 PM

Not that many comparatively speaking with some of the fine people on here, but I'm at 20 incl Monsters of Folk but I think I've hit a few multi-night runs (Cap, Beacon and RR16) that have gone deep.

I investigated this for me, my list is still much more lengthy than yours (18 songs,even with scratching off all of TTF in August) but I'm still pretty proud of it. That back half of At Dawn + all the EU songs that aren't in regular rotation anymore will be tough to get though.

parkervb

I'll likely only ever scratch off Into The Woods at some Z 20th Anniversary Show lol

sillyboob

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 02:47 PMI'll likely only ever scratch off Into The Woods at some Z 20th Anniversary Show lol

Yeah, that will be a stretch.  The OBH4 version showed the strain it takes on Jim's voice, of course that was deep into night two of back to back, epic sets.

sillyboob

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 19, 2019, 01:11 PM

Nice, that Monsters Of Folk show must've been very cool.  Was there ever a high quality bootleg of any of their shows released, that you know of?

parkervb

if there are, i haven't heard any. It was actually my first time seeing Jim. This was the year after he fell in IA and had to cancel some shows incl what was to be my first Jacket show at the National in Richmond

dexter

I'm really not trying to be that guy, but I'd love to hear something brand new. I realize it probably won't happen but I'd be pretty giddy if they said "here's a new one, bear with us"

MMJTX

Quote from: dexter on Jun 19, 2019, 11:06 PMI'm really not trying to be that guy, but I'd love to hear something brand new. I realize it probably won't happen but I'd be pretty giddy if they said "here's a new one, bear with us"

uhhh that would be incredible, with you on that
Anytime

parkervb

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 20, 2019, 08:43 AM
Quote from: dexter on Jun 19, 2019, 11:06 PMI'm really not trying to be that guy, but I'd love to hear something brand new. I realize it probably won't happen but I'd be pretty giddy if they said "here's a new one, bear with us"

uhhh that would be incredible, with you on that

i'm all for some debuts

RobRoy286

Be that guy! I don't think it's totally out of the question for them to play a new song or something from the Waterfall sessions.

jttouch2

I also really want to hear them bust out that Steam Engine>The First Time duo again, that was a seriously magical moment in Broomfield