Where is everyone staying for NYC?

Started by Harry_Hood, Mar 06, 2019, 08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Hood

We are in the process of booking our hotel room and we want to stay in the same hotel with other people going to  the possible last MMJ show and to rage with you all.

sillyboob

We're staying in a VRBO near Stuyvesant Heights.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

millerjustin

QuoteWe are in the process of booking our hotel room and we want to stay in the same hotel with other people going to  the possible last MMJ show and to rage with you all.
the last one of 2019 you mean?

bunch of people staying in Brooklyn near the Brooklyn bowl
What's in here won't disappear

Harry_Hood

We ended up getting an apartment on Airbnb for $128 a night and 10 minute walk to venue

piton87

William Vale near Brooklyn Bowl

Also anyone gotten their tickets yet?
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

StillWishing

Evening all,

I just finalized my plans for the show. I will be staying at the LIC Hotel. Flying in on Friday night, and plan to hit up John Brown Smokehouse that evening.

Would love to meet up with others who are in town to see our pals!!!!

parkervb

lots of people staying Brooklyn, is that b/c there are more options than Queens or b/c there are better bars/restaurants in Brooklyn?
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

Wife and I have never done NY, which is crazy because we've both traveled a lot. Currently have a room in Manhattan because we thought that would be best to see as much as possible. If we're wrong please let me know.

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on May 22, 2019, 12:05 PMlots of people staying Brooklyn, is that b/c there are more options than Queens or b/c there are better bars/restaurants in Brooklyn?

No offense to anyone that lives there but Queens is a bit of a dump. Brooklyn is by far a better option for staying. Even Brooklyn has many different 'hoods but the bar, restaurant hangout options are great.

Murph

Quote from: walterfredo on May 22, 2019, 06:21 PM
Quote from: parkervb on May 22, 2019, 12:05 PMlots of people staying Brooklyn, is that b/c there are more options than Queens or b/c there are better bars/restaurants in Brooklyn?

No offense to anyone that lives there but Queens is a bit of a dump. Brooklyn is by far a better option for staying. Even Brooklyn has many different 'hoods but the bar, restaurant hangout options are great.

Bit of a generalization.  Queens is the most diverse urban area in the world.. Astoria is especially cool.  Endless amounts of ethnic food place gems to be found. That being said, if I was traveling I would pick to stay somewhere in Brooklyn also lol

parkervb

Quote from: Murph on May 23, 2019, 08:22 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on May 22, 2019, 06:21 PM

Bit of a generalization.  Queens is the most diverse urban area in the world.. Astoria is especially cool.  Endless amounts of ethnic food place gems to be found. That being said, if I was traveling I would pick to stay somewhere in Brooklyn also lol

good input, we haven't booked a place yet but probably should soon!

StillWishing

My $.02......a friend who lives in Brooklyn suggested Long Island City based on proximity to LaGuardia (where I'm flying into) and a subway line that goes directly to Forest Hills without any transfers. I ultimately decided on my hotel because it's close to a bbq joint.

sillyboob

My wife & I are staying in Bedford Stuyvesant area of Brooklyn and would happily pay for parking for anyone driving to Forest Hills from that area.  If you're interested, let me know!  Thanks.

parkervb

Quote from: StillWishing on May 23, 2019, 01:36 PMMy $.02......a friend who lives in Brooklyn suggested Long Island City based on proximity to LaGuardia (where I'm flying into) and a subway line that goes directly to Forest Hills without any transfers. I ultimately decided on my hotel because it's close to a bbq joint.

sillyboob

With the show a month away now, reposting this:

My wife & I are staying in Bedford Stuyvesant area of Brooklyn and would happily pay for parking for anyone driving to Forest Hills from that area.  If you're interested, let me know!  Thanks.

Clarkwork

Quote from: Cameron on May 22, 2019, 04:29 PMWife and I have never done NY, which is crazy because we've both traveled a lot. Currently have a room in Manhattan because we thought that would be best to see as much as possible. If we're wrong please let me know.

This is the same thing we are doing
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

jttouch2

I'm staying with a friend who goes to school at Julliard there, have no idea how close/far I am from things but it seems like public transportation will be able to get me most places, if any new yorkers have valuable input on that though I'd love to hear it

Murph

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jul 11, 2019, 01:19 PMI'm staying with a friend who goes to school at Julliard there, have no idea how close/far I am from things but it seems like public transportation will be able to get me most places, if any new yorkers have valuable input on that though I'd love to hear it

From there you'll be close to Columbus Circle 59th street.  I'd walk there and take a train heading downtown to Port Authority (most trains will stop at PA), which is probably only one stop.  From Port Authority you'd get on the E train towards Jamaica and get off at Forest Hills.  I dont know where the Forest Hills subway stop lets you off, but i'm sure it cant be more than a few blocks away from the stadium.  Probably 40 mins door to door.   

For anyone staying closer to Penn Station, just take the LIRR to the Forest Hills stop and it literally lets you out across the street from the stadium entrance

evilurges86

Staying in Brooklyn at this place called The Pod. Looks super tiny and cute.

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Mhurley8

We got a Airbnb in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. While not ideal location wise for both shows we stayed there last time MMJ played FH and just really liked the neighborhood. We took an uber last time from BK to FH and when split 3 ways wasn't to bad. Also it doesn't seem tooo brutal to get to Grand Central from Williamsburg for the train to Port Chester Friday night. If anyone from NYC has any other helpful tips Id be most thankful!