roll call 2.0?

Started by slappymoe, Sep 01, 2019, 11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slappymoe

with the recent resurrection of the band, and hopefully lots to look forward to in 2020, isn't it time for a re-launch of the fan club?

i know wonderful union was frustrating at times, but my membership got me into a couple of very special member-only shows and generally great seats at other times.

thoughts?

MMJCOBRA

While 1.0 wasn't perfect, I would welcome it back in a heartbeat.

ericm

Quote from: MamaKel on Sep 03, 2019, 09:22 AMRoll Call gave me some of the best experiences of my life. I understand that it became a logistical pain in the ass, but every experience in the FAM club was extraterrestrial. I would gladly quit my day job and run it pro bono out of my garage.
Dude...The Waterfall at Headliners was my son's first Jacket show. All those soundcheck parties, cool vinyls, Octoplasmic reticulums...

LET'S START A PETITION AND PRETEND THAT THE GUYS IN JACKET ARE OUR CONGRESSMEN!!!!! (Pooch, Denise, and lil Poochkins can be the first family)

Ahh yes the Soundcheck parties.  :smiley:  How great were they?  :cool:  Honestly if Roll Call ever comes back and I could have only one perk from them, they would be it.  :thumbsup:

So many great memories from those and they were worth every penny. Great to see the guys in that intimate setting, feeling loose, cracking jokes, some great stories told and then getting a few tunes as the cherry on top. Can't forget the posters we got and not having to deal with the merch table pre show was a huge bonus for me. 

I'd love love love it if they were offered again and would be at every one for the shows I'd be going to if I was lucky enough to score them.
"Where's Jim going?"

slappymoe

Quote from: MamaKel on Sep 03, 2019, 09:22 AMRoll Call gave me some of the best experiences of my life.
i'm pretty sure my buddy and i exchanged brief pleasantries with you at jim's solo show at the basement in nashville.  and i also got into one of the waterfall rehearsals at headliners.  you must have been there the second night.

wouldn't have those memories without the fan club.

bring it back.  take my money.  please.

Mr. White

Quote from: MamaKel on Sep 03, 2019, 09:22 AMRoll Call gave me some of the best experiences of my life. I understand that it became a logistical pain in the ass, but every experience in the FAM club was extraterrestrial. I would gladly quit my day job and run it pro bono out of my garage.
Dude...The Waterfall at Headliners was my son's first Jacket show. All those soundcheck parties, cool vinyls, Octoplasmic reticulums...

LET'S START A PETITION AND PRETEND THAT THE GUYS IN JACKET ARE OUR CONGRESSMEN!!!!! (Pooch, Denise, and lil Poochkins can be the first family)

Killer idea about making Pooch and Denise our congressmen/congresswomen! I even wore my Denise and Pooch Roll Call shirt out in town yesterday when we went shopping.

My Roll Call Card from the first year (2011) is always with me in my wallet.

By the way, I was lucky enough to have been invited to BOTH of the Friends and Family Waterfall Rehearsal Shows at Headliners in Louisville back in April of 2015! Two wonderful Roll Call/Forum Folks made me their +1 and I will be forever grateful (I was Front Row, Dead Center for both shows too!!!) KILLER!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

MamaKel, You Know It!
Power To The People!
Power To The Poor!
Peace Now!
"Talkin' 'bout a revolution"

APR

I have no inside info, but I predict that the fan club will be back in some form.  There may be different perks and hopefully a different company running it.  The soundchecks were the best..... amazing to hear extra songs, very reasonable price, signed poster, hanging with other die hard fans, etc.  I also hope they do that again.  Early access to tickets and those VIP packages would most likely be back.

ChiefOKONO

Roll Call was pretty amazing.. I went to one of the soundchecks and that was really special!  I certainly hope that it comes back soon!

Cameron

Only got to go to one of the soundcheck shows but it was great. Early entry was worth the price of the club as well. I still love my Pooch and Denise shirt. It's really the only MMJ shirt I wear besides Toogans.

walterfredo

for all the hassles and complaints with roll call, I can't really complain, as I won 2 free tickets to the Waterfall private listening party at Sonos Studio in Hollywood with Jim and Bo and also won 2 free tickets to the NPR/KCRW First Listen Live Waterfall show at Mack Sennet Studio. Both were pretty amazing experiences.

APR

Quote from: Cameron on Sep 05, 2019, 05:11 PMOnly got to go to one of the soundcheck shows but it was great. Early entry was worth the price of the club as well. I still love my Pooch and Denise shirt. It's really the only MMJ shirt I wear besides Toogans.

The Pooch and Denise shirt is my favorite too.  Which shirt is the Toogans one?

Cameron

MMJCOBRA

Where did this shirt come from?  Love it and have been roll call since say but have never seen that before.

Cameron

I got it on the 2003 tour.

Mr. White

Here's someone slightly famous wearing that "Toogans" shirt from a while ago (this is the only version I've ever seen of this photo, so I can't show the whole shirt).

Rupert230

Why is there still a Roll Call dropdown menu at the top of the site?  Has that always been there?  I thought it had disappeared...  is there really a Roll Call 2.0?

ChiefOKONO

That shirt is pretty cool, thanks for posting I never saw that one before!!!

APR

Thanks Cameron.

Toogans used to post on occasion.  He knew his stuff..... seemed like he worked with the band in some capacity.  I remember he provided cool details about how Bo hit the keys during performances of Steam.  And about the recordings of the bootlegs. 

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Cameron on Sep 07, 2019, 02:45 PMI got it on the 2003 tour.

Ahhhhhh....2 years before I got on the bus. Funny how the universe  works. I attended the highly modified field day at giants stadium in June 2003. It was headlined by radiohead, beastie boys, blur, spiritualized,  and beck (who slipped before he went on stage and cancelled).  Anyway it was a beautiful rainy mess and Radiohead played 8 songs off of hail to the thief two days before the album was released (see full setlist https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2003/giants-stadium-east-rutherford-nj-33d6ec6d.html). 

Anyhoo, 2 years later I saw this really cool band called my morning jacket at bonnaroo. Well, 40 shows later and i now realized that i could've see MMJ at that very same field day festival 3 months before it still moves was released.

Anywhoo, sorry to ramble kind folks. Everything happens in it's own time!

https://images.app.goo.gl/v5o7hEMzgAjPCsgA6

Clarkwork

I'd hope roll call comes back, always loved it.  Was a member from day one and great way to support the band. Hopefully some tweaks can happen as well.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....