2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davymac

I don't mean to sound negative, but I'm not feeling optimistic about a 2020 tour/album  :cry:

Cameron

We're a week into the year. Be patient.

jttouch2

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 07, 2020, 11:17 AMcrazy how Lizzo opened for MMJ for a few shows just a short time ago. Now headlining the Roo. Good for her!

Woah, thats such a hard combo to believe happening but it did! Crazy times

parkervb

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 07, 2020, 02:06 PMWe're a week into the year. Be patient.

completely agree, 'Roo was just the first festival I thought could see MMJ in the lineup. If we don't hear any news by end of next month, I'll be disappointed.

Lockn is the week following 'Roo now so I wonder how competition has impacted the bookings of each.
Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

I dunno, assessing the chances of a tour/album based on whether or not they play a few major festivals doesn't really make sense to me.

ranyart

Quote from: Osistheones on Jan 07, 2020, 03:56 PMI dunno, assessing the chances of a tour/album based on whether or not they play a few major festivals doesn't really make sense to me.

I agree, and either MMJ is done for the foreseeable future, which I doubt, or they are still working their master plan after the management change.  I can't fault them for taking their sweet time to make the art they want to make.  Patience will pay one way or another...

CountSA

Not necessarily related to a tour rumor but yesterday Kevin Ratterman posted a pic of Patrick at his studio in LA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7CP8tWl9ax/?igshid=19t5bpkgbtpql

millerjustin

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 07, 2020, 02:36 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Jan 07, 2020, 02:06 PMWe're a week into the year. Be patient.

completely agree, 'Roo was just the first festival I thought could see MMJ in the lineup. If we don't hear any news by end of next month, I'll be disappointed.

Lockn is the week following 'Roo now so I wonder how competition has impacted the bookings of each.

Also agreeing with this.  I thought 'Roo was a 50/50 shot, and in hindsight glad to not see them on that bill.

Deep logic suggests that Shapiro's ability to completely ignore radius clauses and book MMJJ the night before Forest Hills is something to keep an eye on.  MMJ would have a much deeper impact and connection by headlining Lockn again as opposed to getting lost in the shuffle of a huge list of bands and genres at 'Roo.  I know there's history with 'Roo, but times and circumstances have changed.

So to be honest, I'm keeping an eye on Lockn and Forecastle - and perhaps NFF as potential Summer one-offs, with a confident eye on a Fall tour of multi-night stands.  Lots of signs pointing to an album in 2020, but part of me thinks maybe we'll see a live album spring 2020 first, with new album late 2020 or very early 2021.  The Fall tour would probably be best delivered and enjoyed by all if it didn't have new album pressure (just a guess - again, just deep logic)

What's in here won't disappear

Woody

The situation with the live album is very confusing. Those Beacon shows were in November 2015. They're going to release a live album of music that is over four years old? I just don't understand why it hasn't been released yet.

millerjustin

Quote from: Woody on Jan 08, 2020, 01:42 PMThe situation with the live album is very confusing. Those Beacon shows were in November 2015. They're going to release a live album of music that is over four years old? I just don't understand why it hasn't been released yet.

agreed 100%!  but I think now's the right time
What's in here won't disappear

APR

Quote from: CountSA on Jan 08, 2020, 01:06 PMNot necessarily related to a tour rumor but yesterday Kevin Ratterman posted a pic of Patrick at his studio in LA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7CP8tWl9ax/?igshid=19t5bpkgbtpql

Thanks for the link.  I got excited that he was recording for new MMJ. Israel Nash is cool too, but not as cool obviously as MMJ.

Bring on some one offs and the fall multi nighters!  I can't believe 2020 will be as quiet as 2018 and 2019 especially after reading that article where Jim said the 2019 summer shows were his favorite Jacket shows ever.

Lonndown27

WE....NEED....JACKET
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

sillyboob

Quote from: MamaKel on Jan 10, 2020, 03:30 PMHow can I help this all get going? Do we need to start a campaign or petition? It is an election year. This is not a time to be idle.

I think the fact that this is an election year bodes well for a summer Jacket tour.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

jttouch2

Facebook people seem to be pushing an August 28-29 run at the ole Red Rocks. No idea if it's reliable or not though one of the group mods is saying it so that's probably a decent source.

Clarkwork

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 10, 2020, 09:17 PMFacebook people seem to be pushing an August 28-29 run at the ole Red Rocks. No idea if it's reliable or not though one of the group mods is saying it so that's probably a decent source.

I'm one of the mods over there and have heard those dates since they played there last from a few people. My guess is it's been in hold and now maybe booked?
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Clarkwork

Late Summer/Fall tour.  That's been my guess all along
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

ericm

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 10, 2020, 09:17 PMFacebook people seem to be pushing an August 28-29 run at the ole Red Rocks. No idea if it's reliable or not though one of the group mods is saying it so that's probably a decent source.

I'm not on FB so have no idea but are these the same people who said the Broomfield shows would be the last Jacket shows ever?   :tongue:
"Where's Jim going?"

Jbpats

Don't fail me now facebook!!!

Jacket > The Crowes would be a perfect weekend away for me.

parkervb

someone sent me a screenshot of the FB post. You'd have to either be a massive troll or in the know to put that post up. It does line up with what was told to friends of mine backstage at Forest Hills (from someone very close to the band).
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 13, 2020, 12:57 PMsomeone sent me a screenshot of the FB post. You'd have to either be a massive troll or in the know to put that post up. It does line up with what was told to friends of mine backstage at Forest Hills (from someone very close to the band).

mind sharing the details for those that are FB deprived.