Main Menu

MLB 2015

Started by armando, Mar 27, 2015, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Could this World Series be better than last year's unbelievable series?  Verlander tomorrow night.  It's going to be fun, but there can't be another crazy game like 2 or 5..... or can there be?

I don't know what Altuve gets paid, but whatever it is, it's not enough.  It's amazing to see how small he is (especially when he stands next to Correa).

parkervb

I'm enjoying the hell out of this series but there's something about all these HRs that seems to take the shine off a bit to me, but I can't quite put it to words. I don't think I'm old school by any means but it's just crazy how many they've hit. It would be so cool to see this series capped off with Jack Morris-John Smoltz duel ala Game 7 of the 91 World Series.

I'm just happy to see baseball capturing so much attention the last 2 years.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 30, 2017, 01:18 PM
I'm enjoying the hell out of this series but there's something about all these HRs that seems to take the shine off a bit to me, but I can't quite put it to words. I don't think I'm old school by any means but it's just crazy how many they've hit. It would be so cool to see this series capped off with Jack Morris-John Smoltz duel ala Game 7 of the 91 World Series.

I'm just happy to see baseball capturing so much attention the last 2 years.

If that happened, this series would go down as maybe the greatest and crazies.  A duel like that won't happen again..... No more complete games let alone someone going all ten innings anymore.  I'm glad the Astros got their first championship.  It continues to be annoying that every NLCS, ALCS, and WS game starts (and ends) so late.

walterfredo

I'm just happy the Dodgers lost.

walterfredo

RIP Roy Halladay. Wow!

rkwedge

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 07, 2017, 04:27 PM
RIP Roy Halladay. Wow!
Just heard this too. Tragic, R.I.P.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

RIP Roy Halladay. Wow!

at his peak, one of the best pitchers I've ever seen.

jttouch2

RIP Roy Halladay. Wow!

When I still played I imitated his pitching style in every way I could. Sad to see an icon like him go so early.  :cry:

jttouch2

Happy Opening Day folks! excited to see how this season goes for my Braves in a much tougher division this year.

parkervb

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 28, 2019, 02:23 PMHappy Opening Day folks! excited to see how this season goes for my Braves in a much tougher division this year.

*ahem* OUR Braves ;)

I'm sadly not that optimistic about the Braves playoff chances even after winning the division. The bullpen is neglected and Folty/Gausman/Soroka/O'Day are all question marks. Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY excited to watch this team with the great position players we have but I was not happy with the offseason. The team I've loved since I could talk is basically part of a real estate investment by Liberty Media and it sucks. But, hey we have Ronnie Beisbol and Freddie Freeman so its not all bad

jttouch2

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 29, 2019, 10:51 AM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 28, 2019, 02:23 PMHappy Opening Day folks! excited to see how this season goes for my Braves in a much tougher division this year.

*ahem* OUR Braves ;)

I'm sadly not that optimistic about the Braves playoff chances even after winning the division. The bullpen is neglected and Folty/Gausman/Soroka/O'Day are all question marks. Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY excited to watch this team with the great position players we have but I was not happy with the offseason. The team I've loved since I could talk is basically part of a real estate investment by Liberty Media and it sucks. But, hey we have Ronnie Beisbol and Freddie Freeman so its not all bad

I didn't love our offseason but really our window is just opening and I don't blame AA for a lack of moves. We still have LOTS of time for these young arms to develop and I think we'd have a hard time competing anyway with Teheran/Gaus on the books and too many prospects needing innings at the MLB level for them to catch a groove. That said,the rest of the division got good this offseason and it's become a lot more difficult for us to succeed solely thanks to Phillies/Mets moves. Liberty Media is still a pretty crappy owner to have and even if we see our young pieces develop well, they might not make moves to keep us in contention cause they don't really care about the success of the team. So we'll see.

davymac

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 29, 2019, 12:27 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Mar 29, 2019, 10:51 AM

*ahem* OUR Braves ;)

I didn't love our offseason but really our window is just opening and I don't blame AA for a lack of moves. We still have LOTS of time for these young arms to develop and I think we'd have a hard time competing anyway with Teheran/Gaus on the books and too many prospects needing innings at the MLB level for them to catch a groove. That said,the rest of the division got good this offseason and it's become a lot more difficult for us to succeed solely thanks to Phillies/Mets moves. Liberty Media is still a pretty crappy owner to have and even if we see our young pieces develop well, they might not make moves to keep us in contention cause they don't really care about the success of the team. So we'll see.

Man, fuck Liberty Media...we knew our bullpen would be weak this year. Profits are up from last year and the payroll is down.  I wish we had an owner that cared/would be willing to spend money.

End rant.  The NL East will be tough this year.

parkervb

parkervb

a sweep of the Cubs on first home series is nice! Max Fried looked awesome last night

jttouch2

Damn. tough news with Tyler Skaggs today. really hate to see someone go so young, and for it to happen to the Angels franchise again after the incident ten years ago is heartbreaking.

jttouch2

Astros punishment is in-its a lot of punishment but at the same time, evidence was real damning and I don't know if its enough. 

EDIT: Good on Astros owner for the dismissal of Hinch and Lunhow

parkervb

i think there was an understanding bt Manfred and Crane that they both had to go. Just speculation.

Alex Cora may get the longest suspension if its found he also did this as manager of the Red Sox.

jttouch2

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 13, 2020, 04:48 PMi think there was an understanding bt Manfred and Crane that they both had to go. Just speculation.

Alex Cora may get the longest suspension if its found he also did this as manager of the Red Sox.

Yeah I can imagine that being correct, their release from the team makes the punishment a bit harsher.
 Cora could definitely wind up banned for life if that same evidence is there-two well documented instances of cheating for two consecutive world series clubs is a pretty big crime to commit.

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 13, 2020, 04:48 PMi think there was an understanding bt Manfred and Crane that they both had to go. Just speculation.

Not just that part Parker but it's being reported he was the brains behind this when he was a coach for the Stros.

Stick a fork in him, I think he's done.
"Where's Jim going?"

Come Closer

I think for all intents and purposes just knowing the way baseball is, Hinch probably just effectively got a lifetime ban from being a manager.

The $5 mil cap on monetary penalty is way too low.