Main Menu

Illiterate Light

Started by MMJTX, Feb 24, 2020, 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Didn't find a topic on these guys, they have been all over the MMJ Facebook group. Apparently big jacket heads themselves and have been covering Thank You Too! at their shows.

Their debut album is pretty great, i get a lot of Band of Horses/Dr. Dog/MMJ vibes from them. Going to their show on Wednesday in Dallas at Three Links
Anytime

ChiefOKONO

I have to check out the album... it must be pretty good.  I have the EP which I enjoyed!

jttouch2

Seeing them Saturday in Nashville and really excited for it! Hopefully one of the boys in Nashville make a public appearance.

Murph

Yea, I am on board.  Loving their album.  Plus, this cover is just awesome

MMJTX

Seriously! that is the first song i heard by them a couple weeks ago. what a shreddin' good time that is
Anytime

davymac

These dudes rock! Read this post over breakfast, had them on repeat all morning.  Thanks for posting

MMJTX

Well that was one hell of a show i have to say. Jeff and Jake have amazing energy and talent. Haven't seen two guys have so much fun on stage in a while.
Jake drumming looks like he's beating the devil out of the drums.

They played Thank You Too! and then into a rip roaring Lay Low solo and Jeff stopped for a minute after the song and talked about how much he loved Jacket and could play them all night.

Got to meet a fellow Jacket head and forum member 'Jacket n Pones', pleasure meeting you Sonny!
There were definitely some other jacket fans in the crowd as well.

We talked to Jeff for a bit after the show and he was extremely nice and fun to talk to, said they'll be going on a bigger nationwide tour later this year so if you missed them you should have another chance near the end of the year.

Highly recommend going to see them (although i think they only have 3 or so shows left) definitely listen to them either way!
Anytime

parkervb

they just got announced here for a show over the summer opening for Rainbow Kitten Surprise so I was happy to see this thread and that Neil cover goes HARD. Might have to make this show. I know nothing of RKS but just see the name all over the place.
Don't you ever turn it off

MMJTX

Quote from: parkervb on Feb 27, 2020, 12:22 PMthey just got announced here for a show over the summer opening for Rainbow Kitten Surprise so I was happy to see this thread and that Neil cover goes HARD. Might have to make this show. I know nothing of RKS but just see the name all over the place.

I haven't really listened to RKS either but have only heard good things, sounds like a solid show to attend
Anytime

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: MMJTX on Feb 27, 2020, 11:13 AMWell that was one hell of a show i have to say. Jeff and Jake have amazing energy and talent. Haven't seen two guys have so much fun on stage in a while.
Jake drumming looks like he's beating the devil out of the drums.

They played Thank You Too! and then into a rip roaring Lay Low solo and Jeff stopped for a minute after the song and talked about how much he loved Jacket and could play them all night.

Got to meet a fellow Jacket head and forum member 'Jacket n Pones', pleasure meeting you Sonny!
There were definitely some other jacket fans in the crowd as well.

We talked to Jeff for a bit after the show and he was extremely nice and fun to talk to, said they'll be going on a bigger nationwide tour later this year so if you missed them you should have another chance near the end of the year.

Highly recommend going to see them (although i think they only have 3 or so shows left) definitely listen to them either way!

It was great meeting you too Brian and thanks again for posting about this band! Yes the Thank You Too! into Lay Low solo back to Thank You Too! was incredible. Really enjoyed the other songs that will for sure come to me by listening more but if anyone has the set list please post! We also need to figure out their walk up song because it was a jam. Hopefully those guys are back soon. If anyone likes these guys I would recommend the earlier JEFF The Brotherhood stuff like Heavy Days or Bone Jam which I also came across through this forum. ROCK!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Murph

He says jokingly.. "We're just trying to rip off My Morning Jacket"

MMJTX

Illiterate Light just announced they're releasing a live cover of Thank You Too! on Friday.
I instagram messaged them the day Waterfall II was released to see what they thought, one of the guys messaged back that he had burst his eardrum unfortunately and was waiting for it to heal before he gave it a proper listen, very sad! :(

Got to hear them cover this song at their show in dallas as did many people here at their shows (was actually the last concert i was at before shutdown) and they did a sick little Lay Low solo in the middle of the song too so hopefully that's included
Anytime

ChiefOKONO

oh wow, please post a link when they release it!  I like them, been meaning to check out their full album!

jttouch2

Quote from: MMJTX on Jul 22, 2020, 12:29 PMIlliterate Light just announced they're releasing a live cover of Thank You Too! on Friday.
I instagram messaged them the day Waterfall II was released to see what they thought, one of the guys messaged back that he had burst his eardrum unfortunately and was waiting for it to heal before he gave it a proper listen, very sad! :(

Got to hear them cover this song at their show in dallas as did many people here at their shows (was actually the last concert i was at before shutdown) and they did a sick little Lay Low solo in the middle of the song too so hopefully that's included

I was at the show this cover is being released from and its a GREAT version. im rocking on the front in a MMJ shirt if they upload video too

APR

I have been listening to these guys a good bit thanks to this thread.  I like them a lot and would love to see them play live one day.  I'm fired up for the Jacket cover.

Come Closer

Gave this album a fair shot, but it's just way too generic.

Murph

They even have the Lay Low breakdown in here. Great version

MMJTX

wonder if they'll get added to OBH lineup
Anytime

SteamEngineWentWest

Illiterate Light starting a small tour next month.   

ranyart

I love the MMJ cover and will definitely be looking into them further.  Interesting name for a band for sure.  I see they are playing Louisville which is very tempting and who knows who might show up...  :headphones: