2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyD

Quote from: MMJTX on Mar 03, 2020, 11:29 AM
Quote from: DannyD on Feb 28, 2020, 02:58 AMRide Fest lineup out tomorrow...

Pretty interesting that the fest lineup has been delayed for days now. Not insinuating that it's jacket related but one could definitely theorize with their post using a bear playing a guitar that it could be?

Yep and killers will be the other headliners. BEAR with us while we finish finalizing our KILLER lineup. I feel like they capitalized those words as clues. I think the delay in announcing the lineup is because Jim is helping curate the undercard. Jim also played Teluride Bluegrass a couple Summers ago so he knows how special this venue is. Pictures don't do it justice. Teluride is a special place and amazingly beautiful. You have to experience it to fully understand. Add this to James recent obsession with CO, and it all just makes sense. I think they will announce late Summer tour and album at same time. Red Rocks in August.

MMJTX

Quote from: DannyD on Mar 05, 2020, 01:14 AM

Pretty interesting that the fest lineup has been delayed for days now. Not insinuating that it's jacket related but one could definitely theorize with their post using a bear playing a guitar that it could be?

Yep and killers will be the other headliners. BEAR with us while we finish finalizing our KILLER lineup. I feel like they capitalized those words as clues. I think the delay in announcing the lineup is because Jim is helping curate the undercard. Jim also played Teluride Bluegrass a couple Summers ago so he knows how special this venue is. Pictures don't do it justice. Teluride is a special place and amazingly beautiful. You have to experience it to fully understand. Add this to James recent obsession with CO, and it all just makes sense. I think they will announce late Summer tour and album at same time. Red Rocks in August.

Jacket and Killers?? whoa that would be pretty amazing
Anytime

Clarkwork

Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 03, 2020, 07:12 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Mar 03, 2020, 03:40 PMI say it's time the guys announce some sort of tour kickoff with a benefit show for Nashville & the Basement East. 

Come on guys - now's the time!!

The Basement East after major damage from the Nashville tornado on 3/3/2020

Me, Carl, & Matt (my brother) inside The Basement East after Carl's Solo Show on 8/20/2016

Matt (my brother), Tom, & Me outside The Basement East after Carl's Solo Show on 1/27/2017

Got to see Carl there on my birthday 8/20, you were there as well Mr. WHite, a great night.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

mwalthers

As much as I want to believe this to be true, I am looking at the Ride Festival webpage and all is says is "We are still curating a KILLER line up"  I don't see anything about BEARING with us.  I like the thought of this being true but unless I am missing something it isn't adding up.

bobmono

Quote from: mwalthers on Mar 05, 2020, 03:28 PM

As much as I want to believe this to be true, I am looking at the Ride Festival webpage and all is says is "We are still curating a KILLER line up"  I don't see anything about BEARING with us.  I like the thought of this being true but unless I am missing something it isn't adding up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9HW3NTFczW/

mwalthers

Thank you Bob, I am not on Instagram, I just saw the website, this is great and I hope it comes true, appreciate the link. 

bobmono

Quote from: mwalthers on Mar 06, 2020, 10:57 AMThank you Bob, I am not on Instagram, I just saw the website, this is great and I hope it comes true, appreciate the link. 

:thumbsup: Anytime.

millerjustin

Quote from: bobmono on Mar 06, 2020, 11:18 AM
Quote from: mwalthers on Mar 06, 2020, 10:57 AMThank you Bob, I am not on Instagram, I just saw the website, this is great and I hope it comes true, appreciate the link. 

:thumbsup: Anytime.

the bear is a reference to a local guy that was involved with the fest for years (nicknamed Bear - he passed a year or so ago and they honor his legacy with bits like this).  I'd say it's safe to assume they are haggling with the Killers over headlining $, and maybe even hit pause given the corona virus concerns

Anyway, my guess is that MMJ won't be ramped up by July - keep in mind the logistics required to get a band like ours on the road (band schedules, crew, payroll, loading semi's, label logistics, and the biggest issue of overall preference to book festivals while a tour is already mobilized - and all of this can get pushed around by an album release).

just a guess of course and I love to be proven wrong.....
What's in here won't disappear

APR

Quote from: Woody on Mar 04, 2020, 12:22 PMLineup for Sea Hear Now festival in Asbury Park will be released on Monday.

Ohana festival announcement is Monday also.  I don't think that's a coincidence as I expect some PJ/Vedder news and coordinating the announcements make sense.  If MMJ is at either one, that would be amazing.  I have a feeling millerjustin will be right regarding summer (Sea Hear Now) so maybe MMJ at Ohana. I like how you say "a band like ours" in the above post.

oistheone

Any legitimacy to the rumor on FB that the DJ on Phish Sirius radio said to keep an eye out for MMJ news tomorrow?!?

MMJTX

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 08, 2020, 01:18 PMAny legitimacy to the rumor on FB that the DJ on Phish Sirius radio said to keep an eye out for MMJ news tomorrow?!?

about as much legitimacy as the one person that heard Roger Waters say there was going to be a tour this year.
They're both probably going to end up  being right that there will be a tour at some point but i'm not so sure it was actually said
Anytime

getinthevan

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Jbpats

Ohana it is!

Now where's the tour?!

AKS

Exactly!! Now we wait for them to drop the real hammer with a tour and a few runs announcement!!

rkwedge

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 08, 2020, 01:18 PMAny legitimacy to the rumor on FB that the DJ on Phish Sirius radio said to keep an eye out for MMJ news tomorrow?!?
I guess there was!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

superfrodies

[RON PAUL IT'S HAPPENING.GIF]

APR

Some good smaller acts on there too.  I have heard good things about Ohana. 

sillyboob

Quote from: APR on Mar 09, 2020, 04:41 PMSome good smaller acts on there too.  I have heard good things about Ohana. 
I went to Ohana fest in 2018 for one day, seeing Eddie Vedder, Johnny Marr, & the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.  There's a great vibe, you're right there near the water, and the two stages are side by side so you don't really miss anything.  Can't wait to see MMJ playing there!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ranyart

This news makes me happy!  There's zero chance that we'll be there but it warms my heart that the MMJ dates are starting to become reality.  For all those who can go to Ohana it sure does look like an awesome festival so enjoy it for us...