2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

So what kinda exclusivity window do you think Ohana got!?? Two weeks seems reasonable for a non-headlining slot I reckon!

Maybe we'll get some teasers at the end of next week and the album and tour announcement by the last week of March, start of April?!

Cameron

I'm not going so if anyone wants to use my 10 Club presale code let me know.

******Already Taken********

Bulldog

So glad to see a date drop and cant wait for more !!!

Gota say as someone who likes Kings of Leon and seen them a couple times its almost insulting to me that MMJ has the under card billing. I get it Kings are a better mainstream draw, but live? not even a competition, MMJ will blow them out of the water.

WickedMessenger

2015 since the last West Coast dates, it is time! I've seen Jim solo five times in So Cal since then.
Ohana is close to home, but I think there are some non-festival shows coming that will be an even better option. :thumbsup:

matto77

Quote from: Bulldog on Mar 09, 2020, 09:25 PMSo glad to see a date drop and cant wait for more !!!

Gota say as someone who likes Kings of Leon and seen them a couple times its almost insulting to me that MMJ has the under card billing. I get it Kings are a better mainstream draw, but live? not even a competition, MMJ will blow them out of the water.

Totally agree with you Bulldog.  MMJ is sooooo much better than KOL live.  MMJ should close out the show for sure. 

gardenparty

Quote from: matto77 on Mar 10, 2020, 08:37 PM
Quote from: Bulldog on Mar 09, 2020, 09:25 PMSo glad to see a date drop and cant wait for more !!!

Totally agree with you Bulldog.  MMJ is sooooo much better than KOL live.  MMJ should close out the show for sure. 
yeah, i enjoy some KOL for sure.  But I've seen them live a few times.  Very dull and the singer comes off as a c*ck.  I hope MMJ takes it as their responsibility to mop the stage with them

walterfredo

maybe the should have scheduled the first day billing as QOTSA>Black Crowes>KOL, and then they can battle out for which lead singer is the biggest douchebag.

sillyboob

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 11, 2020, 03:51 PMmaybe the should have scheduled the first day billing as QOTSA>Black Crowes>KOL, and then they can battle out for which lead singer is the biggest douchebag.

If you want to see who the biggest douchebag is then you need to add Ryan Adams to the bill as well.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MMJTX

man, kinda glad their isn't a jacket tour happening right now that would end up being canceled. i would be devastated
Anytime

Lucius

I was wondering today how the virus might potentially effect new music being released. Obviously tours and festivals are being cancelled left right and centre but are artists/bands also going to now hold off on new releases until a time when it's safe to tour again? For most these days touring is the only way to earn a living with streaming/downloads being the norm which don't pay well at all.
it wouldn't be a party without you

jttouch2

Quote from: Lucius on Mar 12, 2020, 01:24 PMI was wondering today how the virus might potentially effect new music being released. Obviously tours and festivals are being cancelled left right and centre but are artists/bands also going to now hold off on new releases until a time when it's safe to tour again? For most these days touring is the only way to earn a living with streaming/downloads being the norm which don't pay well at all.

Run the Jewels seemed to be aiming to drop RTJ4 right at Coachella-now that Coachella is canceled, El-P said they "don't want to wait much longer than initially planned," but that assumes they will wait a bit.

CountSA

Quote from: Lucius on Mar 12, 2020, 01:24 PMI was wondering today how the virus might potentially effect new music being released. Obviously tours and festivals are being cancelled left right and centre but are artists/bands also going to now hold off on new releases until a time when it's safe to tour again? For most these days touring is the only way to earn a living with streaming/downloads being the norm which don't pay well at all.

You could argue releasing stuff now while people are stuck at home for 3 weeks and looking for things to do would be the best time to release new material.  That being said, I would imagine most upcoming releases will be pushed back.

ranyart

Touring with a five piece band is one thing, but Jim and Teddy's tour with an orchestra is a whole different matter and it will be very interesting to see if the May shows in particular are able to go on as scheduled.

walterfredo

Quote from: ranyart on Mar 12, 2020, 06:26 PMTouring with a five piece band is one thing, but Jim and Teddy's tour with an orchestra is a whole different matter and it will be very interesting to see if the May shows in particular are able to go on as scheduled.

They're not touring with an orchestra, they play with local orchestras. Regardless, I agree the shows may be in jeopardy. But I would really like to think we'll be on the downside of this issue by then.

DayDrinkin

Quote from: CountSA on Mar 12, 2020, 04:16 PMYou could argue releasing stuff now while people are stuck at home for 3 weeks and looking for things to do would be the best time to release new material.  That being said, I would imagine most upcoming releases will be pushed back.

Jason Isbell brought up a good point on twitter for people asking him to drop his new album early. His point was that it would crush independent record stores that are already struggling and rely on vinyl releases to survive.

parkervb

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Mar 22, 2020, 03:53 AM
Quote from: CountSA on Mar 12, 2020, 04:16 PMYou could argue releasing stuff now while people are stuck at home for 3 weeks and looking for things to do would be the best time to release new material.  That being said, I would imagine most upcoming releases will be pushed back.

Jason Isbell brought up a good point on twitter for people asking him to drop his new album early. His point was that it would crush independent record stores that are already struggling and rely on vinyl releases to survive.

Jason always has his heart in the right place. Role model for many artists...owns his own record label & does what he wants, how he wants to do it.
Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

Not sure I agree with the logic though, assuming you just release it early digitally. It seems like the same school of thought that early leaks are damaging financially. I think most people who were going to purchase the vinyl from a local store would do so anyways when everything returns to normal.

They should give us that live LP that's supposedly been done a while.

Cameron

I was waiting until tomorrow to buy the new PJ vinyl from my indie but with shelter in place they closed. Guess I'll be waiting a while.

But I agree that buying the vinyl and having the tunes are two different things and changing the release date won't change much how many people buy the vinyl.

JaOlen5543

Hoping everyone is staying healthy out there, so at this point what are the chances of any Jacket shows in 2020?

ericm

Quote from: JaOlen5543 on Apr 24, 2020, 03:00 PMHoping everyone is staying healthy out there, so at this point what are the chances of any Jacket shows in 2020?

I think chances we see any shows, or sporting events in 2020 with fans in attendance are slim, unless we somehow get a vaccine this year.
"Where's Jim going?"