Nashville Aug 6! - Ascend Amphitheater Roll Call

Started by DayDrinkin, Jun 13, 2015, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrB

Saw that this show had a couple of videographers going too, a dvd of this tour upcoming soon?

Mr. White

Here's "Get The Point" from last night's show (Thursday, August 6, 2015) at the brand new Ascend Amphitheater on the riverfront in Nashville, Tennessee. (This is only the first half of the song because the sound goes bad when they kick in the bass and drums.)
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Here's the band saying goodbye at the end of the show.

Mr. White

Here's somebody else's video from this show down in Nashville.

I'm Amazed - uploaded by David Fields

Mr. White

Here's the full version of "Get The Point" - Uploaded to YouTube by John Redcorn

jttouch2

This show was the show that made me "get it." I had seen the boys a bit at Bonnaroo a couple months before and had bought tickets to the show to get really into them between then, and obviously the bug hit kinda hard. The show was the night before the first day of my junior year of high school, and me + 2 band buddies skipped the orientation to see the show, and needless to say-it was FANTASTIC. Ridiculous setlist and ridiculous energy. It really set the tone for what the rest of the year should've been.

It was a pretty good school year for a while, til March 8, 2016-four years ago today. We came to school and were told that one of those band buddies had died sometime in the night, for unexplained reasons. We'd played in wind band next to each other since 6th grade (he'd played euphonium, I the tuba), and had been doing some jazz combo stuff off to the side with a couple other friends. He was an incredibly kind human being to everyone around him, and was just somebody I thought would always be there next to me.
 His existence (and sudden early passing) has always been tied together with MMJ for me, since we both experienced that awakening together. While obviously the music is incredible and the men are still incredible, the memories I have of the band and my friend together are a big part of the reason they are so close to my heart-and because Jim has written several songs that do a beautiful job of commemorating a lost loved one.
 Today is always a pretty tough day because of the implications, but I always listen to this show tape on this anniversary to remember some of those great times with him, and I figured it was a story worth sharing with the group.

DayDrinkin

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 08, 2020, 10:51 PMI figured it was a story worth sharing with the group.

It certainly was, thanks for sharing. It's good to keep the memories alive. I just happened to be listening to the orchestral "Here In Spirit" when I read this post.