Concert Streams Starting Friday

Started by parkervb, Apr 29, 2020, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

Took a damn quarantine for them to finally release some live stuff? Shit I'll take it. Hope they release 12/29/17 and 12/30/17.

Jbpats

show was awesome, standard festival setlist but obviously stellar. Steam Engine gave me all the feels, especially when the confetti started blasting.
Quality was A+, makes me wonder if they had intention of releasing this show/DVD? I definitely think there was a reason why they dropped this show first.

bhyman

Quote from: Jbpats on May 02, 2020, 08:18 AMshow was awesome, standard festival setlist but obviously stellar. Steam Engine gave me all the feels, especially when the confetti started blasting.
Quality was A+, makes me wonder if they had intention of releasing this show/DVD? I definitely think there was a reason why they dropped this show first.
It was released first because this is the weekend Shaky Knees was supposed to happen and got canceled. Shaky Knees is doing a virtual fest this weekend with sets from past years and MMJ kicked it off. I was at that show. Great festival show, although they shortly after followed it up at Lockn' which is maybe my favorite festival set from them I've seen.

oistheone

What a show! I was very pleasantly surprised at the production quality too — this was definitely not your standard fest stream. Glad to see they really put some money and effort into it!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Woody

Great stuff this show. Agree about the direction/camera work. Noticed that right away and really enjoyed some of alternate angles. Ready for more!

Come Closer

For anybody who listened, how's the Chattanooga show?

rkwedge

Quote from: Osistheones on May 03, 2020, 12:36 PMFor anybody who listened, how's the Chattanooga show?
I really like it. To me any soundboard recording of MMJ is good, thanks Ryan. Highlights for me was a very piano laden "Rocket Man" "Strangulation" and "Carried Away" are always a pleasant surprise in the same set.

Shaky Knees was like getting a fix Friday. Just what the doctor ordered. What other shows are you hoping come out in the coming months? I'd love to see both Red Rocks shows 2016 and of coarse the Beacon shows. Super happy they're finally letting some of this stuff become available.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

jttouch2

Quote from: Osistheones on May 03, 2020, 12:36 PMFor anybody who listened, how's the Chattanooga show?

I was at the Chatt show so I'm biased but it's pretty incredible. Carried Away jam is INCREDIBLE (best sbd of it available), the Off the Record intro + outro is definitely my favorite rendition, and the setlist is pretty incredible (minus the New Life inclusion IMO but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). mix is great too as always.

parkervb

Quote from: Woody on May 03, 2020, 07:59 AMGreat stuff this show. Agree about the direction/camera work. Noticed that right away and really enjoyed some of alternate angels. Ready for more!

loved the overhead shots of Patrick. He was bouncing back there!
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

I just want to echo what others have said about the Shaky Knees stream.  MMJ brought it as usual, and they were superb.  The bonus was the amazing sound quality and camera placement, including above Patrick as parkervb just said.  The editing was great.... it seemed they knew where to focus and when to focus and not make it too choppy.  Sometimes the cutting is way too quick from thing to thing, but this was great and had a nice mix of the crowd and mr. and mrs. clarkwork!

Woody

Does anyone know how often these video streams will be happening? The post by the band just says "over the coming months". Would love it to be weekly but that may be wishful thinking.

parkervb

any guesses as to the next stream? They definitely can't do it weekly but I was trying to remember different streams or broadcasts they've done. Gonna guess it will depend on the rights they negotiated to footage at festivals like Lolla, Roo and Lockn. Other than the fests, there is the KCRW show, the AXS broadcast from Red Rocks 2012/2015 (yes please)....

what else is out there that I am forgetting?
Don't you ever turn it off

hoojack

Quote from: parkervb on May 08, 2020, 08:53 AMwhat else is out there that I am forgetting?

Circuital release show from Louisville?  Hell, at this point I'd take simply streaming Okonokos

RobRoy286

Mr. White

Quote from: parkervb on May 08, 2020, 08:53 AMany guesses as to the next stream? They definitely can't do it weekly but I was trying to remember different streams or broadcasts they've done. Gonna guess it will depend on the rights they negotiated to footage at festivals like Lolla, Roo and Lockn. Other than the fests, there is the KCRW show, the AXS broadcast from Red Rocks 2012/2015 (yes please)....

what else is out there that I am forgetting?

Here's the AXS show from 2012 that I put together using the saved video and the Soundboard Audio (also Unlisted)

This is my Unlisted video of the original live broadcast (so not cleaned up from original audio like the Shaky Knees show was but still pretty good).

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

walterfredo

crooney

any chance of releasing one of the may 2016 iroquois theatre louisville shows?  was listening to the tape of the 5/13 show and it was just smoking.  please take our money!

Come Closer

I dunno, when they said in the coming months they'll stream some stuff my expectations for frequency were pretty low.