Athens 40Watt Prom shows on nugs!

Started by DayDrinkin, Jun 10, 2020, 03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DayDrinkin

Just stumbled upon them via the mugs streaming service..

Don't remember seeing these before either:
3/29/12 -- Japan
7/26/12 -- Copenhagen
2015 3-night run in San Franscisco

Clarkwork

Plus the San Fran run from 2015 and two more from 2012
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

robb

first show is missing the whole encore :(
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

subinai

subinai

were these just uploaded today? feel like I checked 2 hours ago and these shows weren't there.

MOWJO8185

HIYO! Red Rocks N1 2019 also coming this Friday, after the webcast! Hoping N2 audio is released with it, unless it's going to be featured on another webcast.

What a great time to be an MMJ fan!

walterfredo

Quote from: subinai on Jun 10, 2020, 04:12 PMwere these just uploaded today? feel like I checked 2 hours ago and these shows weren't there.

I think yes

sillyboob

Bummed that the Prom shows don't have 'Wonderful Tonight'.  I wonder if Clapton didn't give permission, or if the band wasn't happy with either performance.  Also missing the whole encore from night one, so no Steam Engine either.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

crooney

what a friggin fantastic selection of shows the band decided to release!  imho, the san francisco run is right up there with the 2012 port chester and wiltern runs.  just killer shows at the masonic!  APR on the forum can testify to their greatness.

and the 2012 copenhagen show is one of my favorites.  filthy dondante.

and the 40 watts are just special shows in jacket history.  wow!

and japan with the horn section.  thank you boys!!  very much appreciated.

jttouch2

Additions got me to bite on the nugs subscription and San Fran night 1 is FIRE. The Dondante> Old Sept> Picture of You was CRAZY cool and Down on the Bottom/Carried Away/Phone in the encore is about as good as it gets. lookin forward to hearing more of the new shows I hadn't already purchased.

sillyboob

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jun 10, 2020, 06:41 PMAdditions got me to bite on the nugs subscription and San Fran night 1 is FIRE. The Dondante> Old Sept> Picture of You was CRAZY cool and Down on the Bottom/Carried Away/Phone in the encore is about as good as it gets. lookin forward to hearing more of the new shows I hadn't already purchased.

Definitely looking forward to hearing the SF shows.  Any three night run is always worth it!!

walterfredo

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jun 10, 2020, 06:41 PMSan Fran night 1 is FIRE.

Best night of the run. Took a friend to see his first jacket. They opened with a string of like 7 acoustic songs as he was "I thought you said these rock out hard". He soon saw the magic.

parkervb

2012...best year of live Jacket? The even #'d yrs 08, 10, 12 are all some of favorite years to pull live shows from to listen to.
Don't you ever turn it off

subinai

Quote from: robb on Jun 10, 2020, 04:06 PMfirst show is missing the whole encore :(

would like to know if this will eventually be added?

sillyboob

Quote from: subinai on Jun 11, 2020, 03:55 PM
Quote from: robb on Jun 10, 2020, 04:06 PMfirst show is missing the whole encore :(

would like to know if this will eventually be added?

And both nights are missing their cover of Clapton's 'Wonderful Tonight'.

tmz

I checked with nugs about that, as I'd love to have soundboard audio of the "Dancing in the Moonlight" cover (along with the rest of the encore, of course.  They checked and replied to me today with:

QuoteWe heard back from the band and unfortunately the audio from the encore for that show is not available.
We are adding notes to the show page to reflect this.

If you would like I can offer a 50% refund on the purchase price of that show.

So, sadly, it doesn't look like we'll get soundboard audio from that (though there's still the audience tapes on archive.org for the show).  The shows are still well-worth the few dollars, of course.  I won't be taking them up on any partial refund. :)

sillyboob

Night two, Cobra.  As the song starts you can hear someone say 'Oh shit!'.  Made me laugh out loud while cutting the grass.

oistheone

Chiming in just to say "They Ran" from the 2015 SF shows is next level spiritual. Bo goes into orbit man!

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 10, 2020, 10:45 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Jun 10, 2020, 06:41 PMSan Fran night 1 is FIRE.

Best night of the run. Took a friend to see his first jacket. They opened with a string of like 7 acoustic songs as he was "I thought you said these rock out hard". He soon saw the magic.

About five songs in I was thinking that maybe night 1 was going to be an acoustic, mellow show.  And then night 2 all hard rocking songs.  And then maybe the third night would be jammy.  MMJ could pull something like that off, and it would be great.  But obviously that wasn't going to happen when night 1 got loud!