Now is the final chance MMJ have To Release Beacon or pre-2018 shows

Started by Lonndown27, May 21, 2020, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

This is an opportunity for the band to release what we've all been waiting for. Loving the new Nugs shows but this is really the final chance the band can do this. Judging by the lack of concerts, releases such as this would definitely be supported by the fans to try and keep the business alive. Every artist should take advantage of the opportunity to release the archival magic
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Come Closer

I don't follow the logic at all. What about the current situation gives them an ultimatum like this? Seems a bit dramatic.

Woody

I do find it very odd that this hasn't been released yet. Covid or no covid. These shows are almost 5 years old. At this point I would be surprised (yet happy) if this ever sees the light of day. I agree that now is as good a time as any.

Come Closer

Not trying to be dense, but why is it odd and what's special about The Beacon with regards to releasing them by a certain date? I know it was a good run of shows, but I don't really get it. Aren't there a bunch of shows presumably in the vault? Or no?

RobRoy286

I just truly don't understand their thinking anymore. Haven't in years. They've been sitting on finished material for going on 5 years now. I understand not wanting to release a new studio album if you can't tour behind it. But they've had material FINISHED (in their own words). It's real frustrating, while other bands are churning out new material and staying relevant. I mean they are people living their lives, so who knows what's going on.

But goddamn I just do not understand. They just don't seem to care anymore, sadly.

ChiefOKONO

I don't really get it either. If they already have the live recordings ready to go, are they thinking of doing a full physical release with artwork and vinyl and liner notes etc? Maybe that makes them want to procrastinate??!

Studio is another matter - they probably want to do a full tour to promote, etc.

Woody

Quote from: Osistheones on May 21, 2020, 07:45 PMNot trying to be dense, but why is it odd and what's special about The Beacon with regards to releasing them by a certain date? I know it was a good run of shows, but I don't really get it. Aren't there a bunch of shows presumably in the vault? Or no?

Well they played 5 nights with no repeats covering virtually their entire catalouge in small historic venue. I would call that special. They specifically recorded the entire run for a live release. Jim said over a year ago (maybe two) that the record is in the can and they're just waiting on artwork. That's the odd part... you have a live record ready to go just sitting there almost 5 years after the fact. Doesn't make sense, at all.

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

I created a whole thread about The Waterfall II that seems to have been completely removed, along with the original vinyl links. Link went active too early and someone on Facebook stumbled upon it, but we should get an official announcement sometime this week.

RobRoy286

So there was an official release/link that was taken down??

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jul 05, 2020, 12:01 PMI created a whole thread about The Waterfall II that seems to have been completely removed, along with the original vinyl links. Link went active too early and someone on Facebook stumbled upon it, but we should get an official announcement sometime this week.

What????

AKS

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 05, 2020, 05:34 PMSo there was an official release/link that was taken down??

Yes, exactly.

The track listing is below. It said out August 28th I think. Someone already pointed out it's unclear if this is just a leftovers b-sides from Waterfall sessions or the "new" album they've referenced working on and completing.

1. Spinning My Wheels
2. Still Thinkin
3. Climbing The Ladder
4. Feel You
5. Beautiful Love (Wasn't Enough)
SIDE B
1. Magic Bullet
2. Run It
3. Wasted
4. Welcome Home
5. The First Time

pzoo

I see this on a French site, for what it's worth, with translation pasted

https://www.fnac.com/a14927034/My-Morning-Jacket-The-Waterfall-II-CD-album

My Morning Jacket present is a "lost" album from 2014/2015 which was originally intended to be released at the same time as the acclaimed album "The Waterfall". But for various reasons, the group decided to keep it in reserve ...... until today! From Jim James, singer of the group: "Listening, remember one thing: this is not a B-side album. These are not songs that we didn't like as much as the ones that appeared on "The Waterfall". In fact, these are the E and F sides of a set of 3 albums including "The Waterfall" and "The Waterfall II". It's just the second half of a long snapshot of my life as an author until 2014, and of our group life when we lived and worked in this magical place that is Stinson Beach in California, and its surroundings, during these recording sessions, at a time of great creativity, joy, love, agony and sadness. "

CountSA

getinthevan

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

ChiefOKONO

Thanks.. that is a good write up.  I wonder why MMJ didn't send out an official email about the album yet from their email list though....

Quote from: getinthevan on Jul 07, 2020, 11:58 AMGreat write up from ATO.

https://atorecords.com/featured/13023/

CC

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 10, 2020, 06:37 PMThanks.. that is a good write up.  I wonder why MMJ didn't send out an official email about the album yet from their email list though....

they did. maybe it got into your spam folder?
here it is:
https://vizual.mymorningjacket.com/u/lp/My-Morning-Jacket/t/c-1x-fvFGjK8Vn7pd1wwDv-G3YZXQ4IHxrrW-c92ox6n4/m/e/WFII.htm

ChiefOKONO

I didn't see it so thank you for posting that.  It could have been lost somehow - I resubscribed just in case.