Showbox Seattle 2004-05-11

Started by robb, May 10, 2021, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robb

hey y'all.

i think this is new (maybe lost? re-surfaced? out of circulation?), either way, this just fell in my lap and it's waaay too good to not share. i don't remember ever seeing this float around before.

1. One Big Holiday
2. O is the One That is Real
3. Dancefloors
4. How Do You Know
5. One In The Same
6. Death Is The Easy Way
7. It Beats 4 U
8. THe Way That He Sings
9. Lowdown
10. Strangulation
11. Steam Engine
12. Run Thru
13. Cobra
----------
14. How Could I Know
15. Golden

link should be good for 7 days.

link to download
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

crooney

thanks robb!  the show sounds great!!!  and what a setlist.  'how do you know' and the elusive 'one in the same' back to back.  just a beauty!!  thanks again.

cgreen2599

Thanks for sharing this! I haven't had a chance to listen yet but are super pumped. I did a quick setlist dive and saw that it was the third time It Beats For U had ever been played and now the earliest known recording of it. Pretty sweet.

Also found a first hand recap of the show on the gerpotze site which I thought was kinda cool.
http://www.gerpotze.com/mymorningjacket/archive/setlists/040511.htm

What an amazing show. This was my 3rd MMJ show, and it far surpassed the other 2, which were both
amazing shows in their own right. The band seems to be really feeling it.  It would be impossible to pick a high point in the show.  They were selling the new ep for % bucks, and if you bought it you got a tag to hang around your neck for a cd and poster signing after the show. It kind of looks like a backstage pass. Very cool. GOt a poster signed by all the boys. Patrick said he noticed me groove in the front during the show, and wrote under his name "thanks for dancin'!"   Also very cool. The crowd was huge; much larger than the last show at the Showbox.  There WAS tapers at this show. I saw no less than 3 mic poles up around the soundboard. My buddy Matt spoke with a gentleman who taped the show, and gave him his email addy, so I' let you guys know if we get the show, and possibly post it in BT form or something. Also got lots of pics with my cheesy camera phone. When I can figure out how to do it, I'll post some up here. Anyways, drop whatever you doing and go get tickets for the tour. Will not be a letdown!
Peace,
PapaJoeBear

ChiefOKONO

Thank you for posting this!  and please post any photos, that would be great for the archives!!!

MOWJO8185

This is fantastic! I have listened to several shows from this era, as the rareties of Oxen, How Do You Know, Death is the Easy Way, One in the Same are played plentifully in a number of shows. But this is easily a higher quality recording than most of the other shows that feature those songs, it sounds really great! Where'd you come across it?

CC

robb

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on May 12, 2021, 06:38 PMThis is fantastic! I have listened to several shows from this era, as the rareties of Oxen, How Do You Know, Death is the Easy Way, One in the Same are played plentifully in a number of shows. But this is easily a higher quality recording than most of the other shows that feature those songs, it sounds really great! Where'd you come across it?

i wish i could give specifics. it just landed in my email inbox the other day.

Quote from: CC on May 13, 2021, 05:45 AMphotos from this show:

thank you for these, CC, they're great!

MMJTX

incredible pictures, thank you!
Anytime

rkwedge

These are great finds, the recording then the photos to go with it. Thanks guys!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

APR

Thanks robb!  What great sound and setlist!  Amazing!

sillyboob

Dang, missed it.  But those photos!!  Is that a hatless Bo sighting?!?
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

robb

Quote from: sillyboob on May 19, 2021, 10:36 AMDang, missed it.  But those photos!!  Is that a hatless Bo sighting?!?

i can upload a new link after work for you.

sillyboob

Quote from: robb on May 19, 2021, 12:02 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on May 19, 2021, 10:36 AMDang, missed it.  But those photos!!  Is that a hatless Bo sighting?!?

Many thanks!

robb

Quote from: sillyboob on May 19, 2021, 02:44 PM
Quote from: robb on May 19, 2021, 12:02 PM

Many thanks!

enjoy!

sillyboob

Come Closer

Holy mackerel thanks for this! Setlist, recording, performance all on point.

Come Closer

When did It Beats 4 U enter the fray?

robb

Quote from: Osistheones on May 23, 2021, 01:24 PMWhen did It Beats 4 U enter the fray?

i believe it debuted 2/29/04 in a jim solo show, and the full band debut was 4 days before this show in san diego. this was the third performance, second by the full band.

cgreen2599

I've got this uploaded to Archive now. Huge thanks to Robb!! This is such an absolute gem. I was ecstatic when you shared it a few months back. I relistened again recently and it's so good. Looking at setlist fm I'm pretty sure it's the earliest recordings we have (or at least to known to me) of It Beats 4 U, How Do You Know, One In The Same, and How Could You Know.

https://archive.org/details/mmj2004-05-11