Main Menu

OBH 2022

Started by CC, May 13, 2021, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

My Morning Jacket, along with many of our favorite artists and pals, will be returning to Mexico in 2022, this time to a new resort in partnership with CID Presents. Stay tuned for lineup, venue and package info in the coming weeks!

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJCOBRA

Hell yeah!!!  Can't tell if that is the HR Riviera Maya from the picture.

Cameron

Any idea which city or resort?

MMJTX

LET'S. F'ING. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Anytime

Zutroy

It's a new company—CID not Cloud9– so different property and likely bigger and more expensive.

I hope prior attendees still get some priority or it'll be a shitshow.

Excited. But Blerg. 😬

Cameron

Shitshow how?  DR was my first one and we had no problem getting a room.

MMJTX

Quote from: Cameron on May 13, 2021, 02:31 PMShitshow how?  DR was my first one and we had no problem getting a room.
Same, did they even end up selling out DR?

I'm so pumped
Anytime

Zutroy

Getting to the DR is wwwwaaayyyy harder than Cancun especially for the west coast and it put a damper on demand.

Maybe I'm just a worrywart. Hope it's just my nervousness.

Cameron

Good point.  Getting there from Texas wasn't easy!

Drewpac96

Quote from: Cameron on May 13, 2021, 02:22 PMAny idea which city or resort?
Its Moon Palace just South of Cancun.

stillmaticone17

Can anyone give me a frame of reference for what costs will look like? I'm anticipating it being more expensive than previous years... but what did previous year costs look like?

For reference:
There will be 4 of us and we dont need the best of the best lodging. I just want to be there!!!

MMJTX

For OBH 4 in Dominican Republic, my wife and i paid $1689/person so 3,378 total for the cheapest room they offered. no add-on nights or anything
Anytime

Zutroy

Quote from: MMJTX on May 13, 2021, 03:50 PMFor OBH 4 in Dominican Republic, my wife and i paid $1689/person so 3,378 total for the cheapest room they offered. no add-on nights or anything

CID's involvement means you should expect to pay more. Not sure how bad it'll be.

robb

Quote from: stillmaticone17 on May 13, 2021, 03:37 PMCan anyone give me a frame of reference for what costs will look like? I'm anticipating it being more expensive than previous years... but what did previous year costs look like?

For reference:
There will be 4 of us and we dont need the best of the best lodging. I just want to be there!!!

i'm going to guess somewhere between 2,200-2,700 per person for 4 nights looking at their other events.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

bobmono

Not pumped about the move from Cloud 9, but still going!

Hoping War on Drugs, Spoon, Sylvan Esso are all coming back this year! 

slappymoe

Quote from: robb on May 13, 2021, 04:13 PMi'm going to guess somewhere between 2,200-2,700 per person for 4 nights looking at their other events.
jfc, that immediately harshes my buzz.

robb

Quote from: slappymoe on May 13, 2021, 04:24 PM
Quote from: robb on May 13, 2021, 04:13 PMi'm going to guess somewhere between 2,200-2,700 per person for 4 nights looking at their other events.
jfc, that immediately harshes my buzz.

here's to hoping i'm wrong.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Cameron

Last time was pretty much a perfect lineup for my wife and I and somewhere we'd never been. Not sure I'd do Mexico, which we've both been to plenty, for more money unless the lineup blows us away.

On the other hand it was one of our best vacations ever so we'll probably make it happen.

bobmono

Just hoping it's not like Phish where people that are NOT there for the concert are at the resort - I always liked how OBH took over the full resort and everyone was there for the same reason!