Main Menu

OBH 2022

Started by CC, May 13, 2021, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog

I've been to all the OBH's and for me its worth every penny to be with like minded folks in a venue like that. Usually the undercards are phenomenal, foods serviceable and vibe is out of this world. Also worth mentioning every OBH I have attended was setup where the resort was ours and ours alone including the first year when they certainly had capacity to sell rooms to the public (event wasnt sold out)

been down to Tulum after twice now and while its changed a bit in that its become the "popular" place to go it still is an awesome place to decompress with a bohemian vibe after a few days of rocking out. The beaches there are insane, food is out of this world and overall vibe is just sooooo chill.

We know for sure if its at the Moon, looking at the pic they sent and the report I dont necessarily place it at Moon.

Stevie

I feel a little bad for posting that but let me just agree with and emphasize that it is truly a "to each their own" situation and for many the money is worth it.  I know I'm not the only one here that at one point found themselves caught up in a feeling and chased this band around the country for a bit.  But at one point i realized that i was attempting to fill basic happiness requirements with something that should have been complimentary.  I overdid it.  Big time.  My life greatly improved once i stopped doing that and focused on the important things.  Now the music is gravy.

I think it would be easier to justify if my wife liked the band more.  She likes some songs and she had a really good time at NYE in Colorado, but i can tell it's not really her thing.  We also just bought a house at the absolute worst time to buy a house, and then had to fill it up with furniture after moving from a studio apartment.  I'm a bit tired of spending money right now!

Anyway, depending on how things shake out, you guys might get the first live rendition of the new album.  I think that would be really cool. 

sillyboob

Link for the rendering of the concert venue for 2022 at Moon Palace.

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Derek713

Assuming it is at The Moon Palace, I pulled up those dates, and no rooms are available. That's a good sign that we would have the place to ourselves.

bobmono

Quote from: Derek713 on May 17, 2021, 10:51 AMAssuming it is at The Moon Palace, I pulled up those dates, and no rooms are available. That's a good sign that we would have the place to ourselves.

Good investigative work - and great news!  I have to believe it is as Moon Palace, the picture from the announcement is Moon Palace and all the other CID events seem to be held at that location.

niccamp

Does anyone know if you were able to book a single occupancy room for the other OBH?

Sadly, due to some super shitty circumstances I am recently separated, and with that separation also comes with the loss of my built in MMJ buddy and the only one who would put out this kind of coin for something like this. We even got engaged at OBH2.

But, enough with the sob story. This Stella is ready to get her groove back and I dont wanna miss out. I'm a little nervous about the thought of going solo but, even worse is the thought of missing out! Anyone have any info on how (if at all) singles are able to be booked? I wanna say you couldn't book 1 per room last time. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Trukel

Check out the CID entertainment site for Dead & Co Playin in the Sand. CID is taking over for Cloud 9 and I assume this package is representative for OBH. There are packages for single guests.....it will be very pricey....but it exists.

trav

I don't know about anyone else but I've been trying hard as I can to get an idea of what prices will look like. I'm worried they're gonna be super expensive with the cost of Dead and Company's being high and that being the most relative comparison if it is in fact at moon palace as it seems to appear to be.

I looked up Wilco's Sky blue Sky and it's a lot more reasonable but obviously being ran by another company and different site. OBH's of the past seem to have been anywhere from $2,000-$2,500 a person? Does that sound right for an average room for 2 or so? Anyway, I'm just hoping it's not upwards of $3,000-4,000 a person or this may be a tough call to make. Really want to go though!!!!

niccamp

Quote from: trav on May 23, 2021, 10:41 PMI don't know about anyone else but I've been trying hard as I can to get an idea of what prices will look like. I'm worried they're gonna be super expensive with the cost of Dead and Company's being high and that being the most relative comparison if it is in fact at moon palace as it seems to appear to be.

I looked up Wilco's Sky blue Sky and it's a lot more reasonable but obviously being ran by another company and different site. OBH's of the past seem to have been anywhere from $2,000-$2,500 a person? Does that sound right for an average room for 2 or so? Anyway, I'm just hoping it's not upwards of $3,000-4,000 a person or this may be a tough call to make. Really want to go though!!!!

I just checked in my emailS and found the invoice from the last OBH I went too (3) and I got the one of the "upgraded" rooms with the rooftop deck & hot tub and an extra day before and after and it wasn't even 2k per person, close but not quite. I just cannot imagine them charging 3k plus for the more standard options. Unless your getting a penthouse package, my vote is there's no way.

Anxiously awaiting either way.

trav

Quote from: niccamp on May 24, 2021, 02:39 PM
Quote from: trav on May 23, 2021, 10:41 PMI don't know about anyone else but I've been trying hard as I can to get an idea of what prices will look like. I'm worried they're gonna be super expensive with the cost of Dead and Company's being high and that being the most relative comparison if it is in fact at moon palace as it seems to appear to be.

I just checked in my emailS and found the invoice from the last OBH I went too (3) and I got the one of the "upgraded" rooms with the rooftop deck & hot tub and an extra day before and after and it wasn't even 2k per person, close but not quite. I just cannot imagine them charging 3k plus for the more standard options. Unless your getting a penthouse package, my vote is there's no way.

Anxiously awaiting either way.

Thanks!! That's definitely more reasonable and makes me a little more optimistic about the cost. I'm prepared to do what I can to go, but it would sure make me feel a lot better with a slightly more affordable price! 😂😬

toysrmike

Mexico will for sure be more expensive than DR.  Based on the post from Phish and DMB at moon palace $2500USD entry level seems likely.

niccamp

Quote from: toysrmike on May 25, 2021, 09:41 AMMexico will for sure be more expensive than DR.  Based on the post from Phish and DMB at moon palace $2500USD entry level seems likely.

OBH 3 was Mexico, too.

But, this resort seems like maybe a little more $$$ but, idk I'd be shocked if it was  as expensive as some of the guesses so far.

I also don't love the different prices for different areas of the resort. I hope the info is released soonnnnn so we can just know.

trav

Quote from: niccamp on May 25, 2021, 03:29 PM
Quote from: toysrmike on May 25, 2021, 09:41 AMMexico will for sure be more expensive than DR.  Based on the post from Phish and DMB at moon palace $2500USD entry level seems likely.

OBH 3 was Mexico, too.

But, this resort seems like maybe a little more $$$ but, idk I'd be shocked if it was  as expensive as some of the guesses so far.

I also don't love the different prices for different areas of the resort. I hope the info is released soonnnnn so we can just know.

Saaammmmeee!!!! I've been checking multiple times every day!

Zutroy

Tour sold quite well, so I assume we'll hear right after Memorial Day weekend. I know a bunch of folks wanted to know before the Wilco Mexico onsale today and tomorrow but are holding out for OBH.

Like other folks above, I'm definitely anxious about the new company and what I assume will be higher prices. But I've also heard the property is a major upgrade and hope that they really bring it for the undercard.

bobmono

The suspense is killing me...

MMJTX

I saw Phish's riviera maya fest is back on for Feb 2022, at The Moon Palace and their tickets go on sale next week i believe, so i've got to imagine we'll get some more info for OBH within the month right?
Anytime

bobmono

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 02, 2021, 04:18 PMI saw Phish's riviera maya fest is back on for Feb 2022, at The Moon Palace and their tickets go on sale next week i believe, so i've got to imagine we'll get some more info for OBH within the month right?

Yeah - I am thinking in the next week or two.  Hopefully next week  :cheesy:

walterfredo

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 02, 2021, 04:18 PMI saw Phish's riviera maya fest is back on for Feb 2022, at The Moon Palace and their tickets go on sale next week i believe, so i've got to imagine we'll get some more info for OBH within the month right?

I think the music gawds are f'n with me on this one, these two are literally back to back with 2 days off in between. I would LOVE to just stay there for ten days, but don't think that is realistic. We are going to have to pick one or the other and that is no easy task.

bobmono

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 03, 2021, 12:24 PM

I think the music gawds are f'n with me on this one, these two are literally back to back with 2 days off in between. I would LOVE to just stay there for ten days, but don't think that is realistic. We are going to have to pick one or the other and that is no easy task.

Same, I'm going to OBH - so much more bang for the buck.  I wish Phish would just bring a few more bands with them (which will never happen).