The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmooney99

Can't wait for Cobra Kai season 3 to come out on Jan. 1. First two seasons were great. Although I didn't really care for the season finale of season 2.

ms. yvon

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Sep 24, 2020, 12:34 PMI do want to check out High Fidelity since I loved the movie.

Pen15 is so great and hilarious.  It's my favorite new show and season2 just came out!
chief o!  i've only seen two episodes of High Fidelity but i LOVE it.  the cast is so fucking good.  and Pen15!  i've only seen part of season 1 so for, but it is terrific. 

i'm really late to the party on "Lodge 49" but i can't recommend it strongly enough.  it's beautiful, unusual, funny and heavy-hearted.  and tender.  it's an hour-long show.

hi everyone!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ChiefOKONO

Barry is awesome!

ChiefOKONO

Did you guys hear about that nature doc Life in Color on netflix?  Just finally got to seeing the first one and it is Incredible!  Check it out!!

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYj-7IrjC4c

ChiefOKONO

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jun 23, 2021, 01:04 PMLife in Color, amazing nature doc!!!

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYj-7IrjC4c

I watched episode one a while ago and just got around to watching episode 2.  It's great.  These Attenborough nature shows are always amazing.

ChiefOKONO

yes!

LOKI is awesome!!

jttouch2

Ted Lasso is back!! Premiere was great, stoked for the rest of szn 2

ChiefOKONO

I am looking forward to seeing Ted Lasso for sure.

I just saw The Mitchells vs. The Machines for the 2nd time.  It is a great movie, and I loved seeing it again.
With lots of laughs, lot of heart, great theme and an animation style that I love - I think this one may become a classic.

dookie shoot bandit

Woodstock'99  :thumbsup:

Just in case I or anyone needed another reason to hate Limp Bizkit/Fred Durst anymore!!

ChiefOKONO

Just finished s2 of Never Have I Ever and loved it!  Looking forward to another season and hoping that they renew it!

I had been meaning to for a while but finally started TED Lasso!   loving it so far, great concept!

parkervb

yea, music docs I am trying to watch: Summer of Soul and Woodstock 99

Wife and I are watching White Lotus on HBO...I like it but have no way of describing it. Dark humor, cringe situations, random social critiques/commentary...the humor reminds me of Succession. I love that type of "am I supposed to laugh at this or not because it seems funny and sad at the same time" humor.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 03, 2021, 04:34 PMyea, music docs I am trying to watch: Summer of Soul and Woodstock 99

Wife and I are watching White Lotus on HBO...I like it but have no way of describing it. Dark humor, cringe situations, random social critiques/commentary...the humor reminds me of Succession. I love that type of "am I supposed to laugh at this or not because it seems funny and sad at the same time" humor.

My wife and I are watching it too and digging it.  I think we're supposed to laugh at some of the dark stuff. 

ChiefOKONO

Finished s1 of Ted Lasso and absolutely Loved it!!!  It's a perfect show to watch these days.  Looking forward to seeing more soon!

ChiefOKONO

any Star Trek fans here?  Lower Decks is hilarious and I have been eagerly anticipating each new one!!

ChiefOKONO

Nine Perfect Strangers was really good, totally enjoyed it.  I hear the book was great too!

APR

Hacks on HBO Max is excellent!

Jackets N Pones

Succession season 3 premiere on Sunday 10/17! Team Kendall let's goooooooooo
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

dookie shoot bandit

The Velvet Underground Documentary on AppleTV+  :thumbsup: