New Record Announcement 8/24???

Started by Cameron, Aug 20, 2021, 05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

Wait...

I'm just now remembering Jim singing "gotta admit it looks better in color" somewhere.... Instagram?

Shug

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 24, 2021, 09:07 AM

Superficial I know, but I LOOOVVE seeing Carl on an Explorer and Jim on a Flying V!  It makes me feel like they're ready to ROCK OUT!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Owl

This article was posted about a week ago and concludes discussing The Jacket's show in Charlotte on Friday.

The future to come...August 27, 2021 — Charlotte, NC
My Morning Jacket are one of the preeminent touring live acts of the last fifteen years. The Jacket are America's best kept secret due to their ability to shuffle setlists each night and their knack to feel the energy of the crowd to produce a rewarding sonic landscape that encapsulates the band's dharma which is sprinkled to all attendees attending the same baptismal church service.
MMJ kicked off their first AP era (After Pandemic) show at the NC Music Factory's cozy amphitheater with "Regularly Scheduled Programming," the new single released earlier in the week.
Who's ready for renewal!? "Boy I was ready, I was ready for Spring...it's beauty changes...Changes everything" are lyrics from "Spring (Among The Living)" off 2015's The Waterfall and running parallel are the lyrics that flow within their latest single and 2021 tour opener "Regularly Scheduled Programming":
"Diamonds aren't growing in the garden
Raindrops aren't filling up the sea
Excuse me, you know I beg your pardon
For this interupption
Now back to regularly scheduled programming
Had enough fun..."
It was a sign we all need to 'make like a tree and leave.' Leave our pasts behind and move forward. Be present because it's a gift and soak in the now.
The show in uptown Charlotte would be their first show since August 10, 2019. Doing the math, that's 748 days or just over two years ago but it's precisely 17,952 hours since their show at Forest Hills in Queens, NY.
It's been a minute...or 1,077,120 minutes of 'em and the troupe led by Jim James (vocals/guitar), Tom Blankenship (bass), Patrick Hallahan (drums), Bo Koster (keys) and Carl Broemel (guitar), were all killing it collectively to spread their gospel to the masses.
The Jacket are docents and that makes every show an automatic special event. Their performances are timeless, never irreverent and flow smoothly over the course of their roughly three-hour shows. They are in town to guide you through your own life through their songs to help those that need to find deeper meaning and somewhat of an understanding of the world around us. If you have a question for them, simply listen to the band or strike up a convo with one of the thousands of Jacket fans in attendance who can share their experience of how this band has affected their life — and you'll come to find that it's all 6-star Yelp reviews. The band and the fans are THAT epic.
Future Jacket beckons. We'll all hear and see soon. Only memories will remain...so bring your midnight blazer and enjoy the ride. Now, back to regularly scheduled programing.

Here is the link to the full article from 6 days ago.
640 Days Since Live Music

ranyart

I definitely feel the new band vibe from this.  What other twenty year old band has released a new self-titled album?  A quick google suggests debut (nope), lineup change (nope), or a change in the artist's sound (hmmm).

Bring. It. On.

And see you at the shows!

mdgsolo

Quote from: Owl on Aug 24, 2021, 06:41 PMThis article was posted about a week ago and concludes discussing The Jacket's show in Charlotte on Friday.

My Morning Jacket are one of the preeminent touring live acts of the last fifteen years. The Jacket are America's best kept secret due to their ability to shuffle setlists each night and their knack to feel the energy of the crowd to produce a rewarding sonic landscape that encapsulates the band's dharma which is sprinkled to all attendees attending the same baptismal church service.
MMJ kicked off their first AP era (After Pandemic) show at the NC Music Factory's cozy amphitheater with "Regularly Scheduled Programming," the new single released earlier in the week.
Who's ready for renewal!? "Boy I was ready, I was ready for Spring...it's beauty changes...Changes everything" are lyrics from "Spring (Among The Living)" off 2015's The Waterfall and running parallel are the lyrics that flow within their latest single and 2021 tour opener "Regularly Scheduled Programming":
For this interupption
Had enough fun..."
It was a sign we all need to 'make like a tree and leave.' Leave our pasts behind and move forward. Be present because it's a gift and soak in the now.
The show in uptown Charlotte would be their first show since August 10, 2019. Doing the math, that's 748 days or just over two years ago but it's precisely 17,952 hours since their show at Forest Hills in Queens, NY.
It's been a minute...or 1,077,120 minutes of 'em and the troupe led by Jim James (vocals/guitar), Tom Blankenship (bass), Patrick Hallahan (drums), Bo Koster (keys) and Carl Broemel (guitar), were all killing it collectively to spread their gospel to the masses.
The Jacket are docents and that makes every show an automatic special event. Their performances are timeless, never irreverent and flow smoothly over the course of their roughly three-hour shows. They are in town to guide you through your own life through their songs to help those that need to find deeper meaning and somewhat of an understanding of the world around us. If you have a question for them, simply listen to the band or strike up a convo with one of the thousands of Jacket fans in attendance who can share their experience of how this band has affected their life — and you'll come to find that it's all 6-star Yelp reviews. The band and the fans are THAT epic.
Future Jacket beckons. We'll all hear and see soon. Only memories will remain...so bring your midnight blazer and enjoy the ride. Now, back to regularly scheduled programing.

If anyone else gets confused by this- I think this is a hypothetical review of a show that hasn't happened yet written in the recent past by Buckaroo Bonzai himself.

Nikkogino

Out of Range Pt 2?

I miss part 1?!

Owl

Quote from: mdgsolo on Aug 24, 2021, 07:06 PM
Quote from: Owl on Aug 24, 2021, 06:41 PMThis article was posted about a week ago and concludes discussing The Jacket's show in Charlotte on Friday.

For this interupption
Had enough fun..."

If anyone else gets confused by this- I think this is a hypothetical review of a show that hasn't happened yet written in the recent past by Buckaroo Bonzai himself.
Or the Billion Dollar Man rebooting for a collective come up.  We all collectively have scar tissue these days.  Live music is the hot sauce to heal it us from californication.  Queue up that 1999 album and the video of the first single for parallels that are palpable...The Jacket are checking our heads with the first song on their album.

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."