New Patrick Interview Aug 25

Started by ranyart, Aug 26, 2021, 04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranyart

https://www.kentucky.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article253681193.html

Patrick talks about their near breakup and falling back in love with each other again, some original MMJ history surrounding Lexington, and his COVID-19 hiatus and cooking show.  Enjoy!

MMJCOBRA

Thanks for posting. I appreciate that they are so open about their ups and downs without throwing anybody under the bus.

Also, his cooking show was really fun. His daughter has a great sense of humor, just like her dad.

Lonndown27

Everyone knew something was amiss within the band around that time, but no one wanted to admit the tension.
I'm glad the guys are in a better place, we need them and i hope they need us.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 26, 2021, 09:12 PMEveryone knew something was amiss within the band around that time, but no one wanted to admit the tension.

You could definitely feel a different energy at those four 2019 shows.

I hadn't seen Jim's eyes in years

ChiefOKONO

Good one, thanks for posting.  I am glad they got time to patch things up unlike some other bands...

Lonndown27

Quote from: unravelled on Aug 26, 2021, 10:56 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 26, 2021, 09:12 PMEveryone knew something was amiss within the band around that time, but no one wanted to admit the tension.

EXACTLY!!! that was my first thought...Oh my god his eyes! hahah
I remember Chels being like "why do you keep talking about Jim's eyes?!"
And I'm like "remember how he was wearing shades in 2015 and NYE all three nights in 2017?" She goes "Yeah".
And I say "well, he wore those every damn show for literally 3 years...."
She couldn't believe that, just thought it was coincidental we saw Jim in shades.
It was a big deal seeing his lovely face again.
I loved the shades era, it's a cool time we can all say we saw the band when things were a little heady and heavy behind the scenes, but this group has survived and there's nothing better than seeing them loving what they do again...a 2 hour and 48 minute show first show back is a great sign from Charlotte.
Roo on Saturday is going to be an all-timer I feel....I just feel it.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

robb

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 31, 2021, 12:49 PM

And I'm like "remember how he was wearing shades in 2015 and NYE all three nights in 2017?" She goes "Yeah".
She couldn't believe that, just thought it was coincidental we saw Jim in shades.
I loved the shades era, it's a cool time we can all say we saw the band when things were a little heady and heavy behind the scenes, but this group has survived and there's nothing better than seeing them loving what they do again...a 2 hour and 48 minute show first show back is a great sign from Charlotte.

i agree on roo's potential, but just as a note from someone in attendance: charlotte was only 2h20min tops, including the encore break. they took the stage at 8:40 and played just a minute or two over the 11:00 curfew.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

hoojack

I think I've seen 6 or 7 shows in person and many more live streams.  Jim spoke more in Charlotte that I've seen in speak at all the others combined.  Everything from the setlist to the band's demeanor to the crowd spoke to the celebratory nature of being back together.  Roo is definitely a setup for an epic show.

Lonndown27

Quote from: robb on Aug 31, 2021, 01:35 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 31, 2021, 12:49 PM

i agree on roo's potential, but just as a note from someone in attendance: charlotte was only 2h20min tops, including the encore break. they took the stage at 8:40 and played just a minute or two over the 11:00 curfew.
ok i see, someone's MIXLR thing had it at 2 hours and 48, why would they have their thing on 28 more minutes without needing to? that's crazy to me, but oh well.

APR

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Aug 27, 2021, 10:58 AMGood one, thanks for posting.  I am glad they got time to patch things up unlike some other bands...

Yes.  Thanks for posting, and I'm so thankful they did patch things up.