2. MPP +1 (9/11)
3. JackD +1 (9/10 floor, 9/11 Sec.201)
4. CountSA +2 (both shows)
5. Woody +7 (9/11) - Maybe for 9/10
6. itrainmonkeys (both)
7. tdb810 + 8bobbyb - 9/10 floor
8. dcfire (both nights)

ranyart

Can I get an amen that this Ida crap is done and through?  I'm feeling good about how FH venue will be by next week and I'm hoping transit and other bits and pieces are good to go.  The pictures from the east coast are crazy and of course the power situation in NOLA is also insane.  And then of course there's our viral fun!  FH was our last MMJ show and I really wish we were going to be with y'all there especially considering 9/11 is such a heavy day that a nice blast of rock-n-roll sure would help with.

Here's hoping the shows go on next week.  PA and MD also got pounded so hopefully there's no fallout there either.  Sheesh...

Jbpats

Anyone see that the Saturday show is streaming on nugs- just posted on Instagram.

One thing to call out is the stream starts at 8:30 - forest hills has a 10 PM curfew..
I'm hoping it's taped on a lag because a 90 minute set will be a buzz kill

ranyart

Quote from: Jbpats on Sep 02, 2021, 06:36 PMAnyone see that the Saturday show is streaming on nugs- just posted on Instagram.

One thing to call out is the stream starts at 8:30 - forest hills has a 10 PM curfew..

https://www.nugs.net/live-download-of-my-morning-jacket-forest-hills-stadium-queens-ny-09-11-2021-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/27185-WEBCAST.html#start=1

Yup.

"Get a front-row seat to see My Morning Jacket Live from New York. Watch live and/or On-Demand with 48 hours of replay!

Click here to order official MMJ merch."

Will be watching On-Demand!!!

Woody

Quote from: Jbpats on Sep 02, 2021, 06:36 PMAnyone see that the Saturday show is streaming on nugs- just posted on Instagram.

Buzz kill is right. I was concerned about a short set due to the double bill with Brittany and curfew situation. However a part of me has a hard time believing that they would webcast this show and only play 1.5 hours. Maybe on this particular night they will loosen the curfew. This is obviously a pretty significant date which may factor into it as well. At least give us a 2 hour set. Please!

CountSA

Quote from: Woody on Sep 03, 2021, 07:26 AM

Buzz kill is right. I was concerned about a short set due to the double bill with Brittany and curfew situation. However a part of me has a hard time believing that they would webcast this show and only play 1.5 hours. Maybe on this particular night they will loosen the curfew. This is obviously a pretty significant date which may factor into it as well. At least give us a 2 hour set. Please!

Agreed a 90 minute set back to back nights would be a major disappointment! 

ericm

I don't want to be a buzzkill but unless there's a weather event, there's little to no chance the curfew gets extended. The venue is in the middle of a quaint little hamlet of a town, and they've been super strict with the curfew for as long as there's been shows there.

I know of only one time it was extended and that was because the show started late because of inclement weather, and I don't believe it was extended for more than a half hour or so.

Here's hoping for all going they hit the stage early enough to get a nice long show, and at worst the webcast just picks up the last 90 minutes of it.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

SciFidelity

Quote from: ericm on Sep 03, 2021, 09:07 AM

I don't want to be a buzzkill but unless there's a weather event, there's little to no chance the curfew gets extended. The venue is in the middle of a quaint little hamlet of a town, and they've been super strict with the curfew for as long as there's been shows there.

I know of only one time it was extended and that was because the show started late because of inclement weather, and I don't believe it was extended for more than a half hour or so.

Here's hoping for all going they hit the stage early enough to get a nice long show, and at worst the webcast just picks up the last 90 minutes of it.  :beer:

Forest Hills lists the show start time at 6:30, so this is likely a tape delay situation.
06/17/23, 06/23/23, 06/24/23, 08/20/23, 11/07/23, 11/09/23, 11/10/23, 11/11/2023

CountSA

Quote from: SciFidelity on Sep 03, 2021, 09:31 AM

Forest Hills lists the show start time at 6:30, so this is likely a tape delay situation.

Brittany Howard starts at 6:30 and ends at 7:45 or so.  Break down and setup after that for 30 mins, now we're looking at 8:15 for MMJ at the earliest.

Jbpats

Quote from: CountSA on Sep 03, 2021, 09:48 AM

Brittany Howard starts at 6:30 and ends at 7:45 or so.  Break down and setup after that for 30 mins, now we're looking at 8:15 for MMJ at the earliest.

so truly a 90 minute set? That really sucks.

Woody

Quote from: Jbpats on Sep 03, 2021, 10:09 AM
Quote from: CountSA on Sep 03, 2021, 09:48 AM

so truly a 90 minute set? That really sucks.

I just find it odd that they would do webcast of a 90 min show. It would be one thing if it were free.

parkervb

if i fly to NYC and Jacket only gets 15 minutes more than Brittany, I am going to be a lil annoyed. I would have spent that money going to Dicks this week or something.
Don't you ever turn it off

telyles

The nugs start time is a bit of a head scratcher if they are off stage at 10p. The individual set lengths at the MPP and Philly shows should give us a clue as to how long Brittany and MMJ will play, respectively. Fingers crossed for two hours of Jacket!

Regardless, we are ready and will be there.

CountSA

Great news...I DM'd Bo on Instagram and he said the 90 minute set time is not true and that he thinks curfew is at 11.

ericm

Quote from: CountSA on Sep 04, 2021, 06:33 PMGreat news...I DM'd Bo on Instagram and he said the 90 minute set time is not true and that he thinks curfew is at 11.

I hope for everyone going and those of us buying the stream he's right about the 90 minute set not being true. However, he's mistaken thinking curfew is at 11. It's 10 and always has been.
"Where's Jim going?"

itrainmonkeys

Unless something has changed recently the curfew at Forest Hills has been 10 pm for a while. And it's a hard cutoff.  I saw Bright Eyes there the weekend after Newport and he was scheduled for 7:50 (obviously started a little later and then played until about 10).

Here's the Forest Hills tweet about set times for that show: https://twitter.com/ForestHillsStdm/status/1421482087723454466?s=20

I also saw Wilco/Sleater Kinney there recently (though left early because of bad thunderstorm that paused the Sleater Kinney set for a super long time with no updates) and they ended around 10 as well. They were scheduled from 830-10.  From their website: https://wilcoworld.net/tour_date_type/21-august-2021-forest-hills-ny-forest-hills-stadium/

Same thing for the Brandi Carlile show....10 pm cutoff.

I don't see MMJ going past 10 p.m. at these shows.  They could start early and get close to 2 hours like they've done in this venue in the past.

Though I'd absolutely love to be wrong and see them really play long. I just assume it'll be two nights of 90+ min sets.

Jack D

I saw MMJ and Gary Clark Jr at FH in 2017. MMJ got 2 and a half hours, GCJ got 1 hour. They started the show EARLY (6:00 ish?) so both could play a full set. Ushers were calling people in from the concession area for the start. I'm guessing these shows will be the same. 10:00 hard stop.

If you're intending to see Brittany's full show (and I hope you are) come early. It's a really cool venue, and the concession midway- with its festival feel- is nice to hang out in.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Sep 04, 2021, 10:50 PMThough I'd absolutely love to be wrong and see them really play long. I just assume it'll be two nights of 90+ min sets.

Aaaaaaaaand just like that - MMJ tweeted that Forest hills extended their curfew. Still an 8:30 start time but that's awesome news.

ericm

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Sep 05, 2021, 01:47 PM
Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Sep 04, 2021, 10:50 PMThough I'd absolutely love to be wrong and see them really play long. I just assume it'll be two nights of 90+ min sets.

Aaaaaaaaand just like that - MMJ tweeted that Forest hills extended their curfew. Still an 8:30 start time but that's awesome news.

Wow. That's great news.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

I was hoping they'd work something out to have longer than a 90 minute set. I thought it  would be more along the lines of starting earlier, because I never expected FH to extend their curfew. It's a very pleasant surprise they have.
"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

Curfew extension at FH?!?!?  Great news indeed and I'm so happy for all of the folks that are going!  I am also shocked that they are able to do this and I'm super interested in seeing what actually happens.