2021 Tour posters

Started by ericm, Aug 08, 2021, 04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Any thoughts on what artists we'll see doing posters for this leg? Some new blood maybe?

Doesn't sound like we'll be getting any Burwells, at least not through Chicago but hopefully that'll change.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more of Matt Leunig's work.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

MMJTX

I'd love to see a full Brian Steely poster, i know he's done some merch in the past and it's looked fantastic. Not sure if he's done a full poster though, anyone know?
Anytime

rkwedge

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 09, 2021, 08:42 AMI'd love to see a full Brian Steely poster, i know he's done some merch in the past and it's looked fantastic. Not sure if he's done a full poster though, anyone know?
That NYE/Denver artwork looks like his work.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

i've seen Jacket near 25 times and have still not gotten a Reno show poster. Fingers crossed he does something for Forest Hills but not too optimistic.
Don't you ever turn it off

MMJTX

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 09, 2021, 10:17 AM
Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 09, 2021, 08:42 AMI'd love to see a full Brian Steely poster, i know he's done some merch in the past and it's looked fantastic. Not sure if he's done a full poster though, anyone know?
That NYE/Denver artwork looks like his work.

Oh ya it definitely is his work, but just curious if he'll actually get to do some posters, he had some of his designed merch sold at the last red rocks run in 2019. and then sold on jacket's site later
Anytime

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 09, 2021, 10:43 AMi've seen Jacket near 25 times and have still not gotten a Reno show poster. Fingers crossed he does something for Forest Hills but not too optimistic.

Damn Parker, I'm surprised you didn't get one of his at an MPP show. I think I have at least two of his from there.

I know they had a bunch of extras of the 2011 diving bell one because they didn't sell them out and then they showed up at the merch table in Boston for that show following MPP.  I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton still has some.

Pretty sure he did the 2012 one also.

I'll keep an eye out for one for ya.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

parkervb

Quote from: ericm on Aug 09, 2021, 07:21 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Aug 09, 2021, 10:43 AMi've seen Jacket near 25 times and have still not gotten a Reno show poster. Fingers crossed he does something for Forest Hills but not too optimistic.

Damn Parker, I'm surprised you didn't get one of his at an MPP show. I think I have at least two of his from there.

I know they had a bunch of extras of the 2011 diving bell one because they didn't sell them out and then they showed up at the merch table in Boston for that show following MPP.  I wouldn't be surprised if Clinton still has some.

the 2011-2012s are Fungs. I have a Status from there and then traded my Landland. Got some cool Burwells in the collection (fave being the 2014 NYC poster)

ericm

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 10, 2021, 02:46 PM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 09, 2021, 07:21 PM

the 2011-2012s are Fungs. I have a Status from there and then traded my Landland. Got some cool Burwells in the collection (fave being the 2014 NYC poster)

Oops, you're absolutely correct on the Fungs ! I'm not sure how I got that mixed up, but sure enough I had a brain fart there. 
"Where's Jim going?"

Cameron

I hope Todd Slater is doing one.

MMJTX

Status Serigraph is by far my favorite poster artist, but my portfolio is pretty stacked with his work. so definitely interested in someone else for Jacket.
Think majority of my Jacket posters are Status and Reno. I have the 2 previous red rocks runs that were Reno/Burwell and Burwell by himself. And 1 James Flames poster. So definitely interested in someone different than the above
Anytime

parkervb

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

Cameron

rdeiterding

So I contacted Burwell, Reno, Fung and Helton shortly after the initial tour dates were announced to ask if I could do some sort of a subscription deal to get a copy of any posters they did for the tour all together and shipped to me at the end of the tour.

Burwell, Reno & Fung all said they hadn't been asked to do any posters for the tour at that point.  Helton was non comittal.  It definitely seems like we should get some different poster artists for these tour dates. My expectation is that lining up poster artists needs some lead time, so that they would likely be arranged prior to the tour being announced, but perhaps I'm wrong.

This was well before the NYE run was announced.

It will be interesting to see how things roll out - will the VIP posters be a completely different design (similar to the 2019 shows) from the show poster available each night or will they just be a variant edition of the same design (eg. Las Vegas 2015?).  Also, I found it was interesting that the VIP listing was pretty specific that the VIP posters will be signed by the artist, not the band, I guess they had enough of that in 2019?

Thanks,
Ralph

tpitch14

Quote from: ericm on Aug 08, 2021, 04:36 PMAny thoughts on what artists we'll see doing posters for this leg? Some new blood maybe?

Looks like you got your wish on new blood... Drew Findley aka. Subject Matter

easy way

Quote from: ericm on Aug 13, 2021, 01:34 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Aug 13, 2021, 09:34 AM
Quote from: Cameron on Aug 12, 2021, 06:36 PMI hope Todd Slater is doing one.

many yeses.

And a big yes from me as well.

Absolutely! I have the holofoil from the ATL Fox shows on the way... can't wait for it to arrive.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

telyles

There is/was a Status Serigraph VIP poster on ebay from Charlotte 2021. Looking at the design, I wouldn't be surprised to see this poster as the VIP poster for all of the dates, albeit with a date change corresponding to the individual show. What do you think?

ericm

Quote from: telyles on Sep 03, 2021, 04:36 PMThere is/was a Status Serigraph VIP poster on ebay from Charlotte 2021. Looking at the design, I wouldn't be surprised to see this poster as the VIP poster for all of the dates, albeit with a date change corresponding to the individual show. What do you think?

You could very well be right. Considering the four 2019 VIP posters were the same print but different colors, I could definitely see something similar being true for the VIP posters this tour as well.

"Where's Jim going?"

CountSA

Quote from: ericm on Sep 03, 2021, 05:25 PM
Quote from: telyles on Sep 03, 2021, 04:36 PMThere is/was a Status Serigraph VIP poster on ebay from Charlotte 2021. Looking at the design, I wouldn't be surprised to see this poster as the VIP poster for all of the dates, albeit with a date change corresponding to the individual show. What do you think?

You could very well be right. Considering the four 2019 VIP posters were the same print but different colors, I could definitely see something similar being true for the VIP posters this tour as well.

Justin confirmed all the VIP posters are the same minus the date/venue details

wootluke

Quote from: CountSA on Sep 03, 2021, 08:38 PM
Quote from: ericm on Sep 03, 2021, 05:25 PM

Justin confirmed all the VIP posters are the same minus the date/venue details

This is a huge bummer as I have VIP for both of the Forest Hills shows and was hoping they would be different. Knowing this I should've just purchased VIP for one night and just bought the ones they're selling at the merch booth each night. Maybe I'll be able to make a trade.