Roll Call - Santa Barbara (09/23/2021)

Started by whodonit2u, Jul 10, 2021, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodonit2u

Shug

1. Whodonit2u + Lesley
2. Shug and LD

First Jacket show for me since 2015, holy shit, I'm stoked!!!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

gardenparty

1. Whodonit2u + Lesley
2. Shug and LD
3. Gardenparty

blucas

1. Whodonit2u + Lesley
2. Shug and LD
3. Gardenparty
4. Flynt Wigbaum + Chinny J
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

rna2525

Hi there-

Anybody have a VIP available for Santa Barbara.

Thank you in advance.

im2bob

Huge MMJ fan from Louisville.  I'm flying to LA to see this show.  My nephew is the guitar player for Durand Jones & The Indications.  Be sure to catch them because they are great.  I could not believe when I first learned (way before you guys) that these shows were happening.

sillyboob

Quote from: im2bob on Sep 15, 2021, 05:20 PMHuge MMJ fan from Louisville.  I'm flying to LA to see this show.  My nephew is the guitar player for Durand Jones & The Indications.  Be sure to catch them because they are great.  I could not believe when I first learned (way before you guys) that these shows were happening.

Dang, you had the scoop and kept it under wraps.  Well done!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

gardenparty

I've got a section J row 8 ticket i can't use anymore:(

If anyone is interested i'll take $60 even (pm me).  Paid $90 for it with fees.

Looks like a pretty nice seat :thumbsup:

walterfredo

Maxwell North

Can't believe it's been 6 years since mmj has done a show California (not counting 2016 bridege shcool). Looking forward to their return tomorrow!

sillyboob

Quote from: Maxwell North on Sep 22, 2021, 05:06 PMCan't believe it's been 6 years since mmj has done a show California (not counting 2016 bridege shcool). Looking forward to their return tomorrow!

Wow.  I've seen the guys live 13 times since 2015, but none of those shows have been in my home state of California.  OBHs make up a good number of those shows, plus Nashville, Red Rocks, and NYC.  My wife & I have seen both Jim and Carl here in Los Angeles though. 

Really looking forward to this weekend's shows.  Not going to Santa Barbara, but going to Ohana & Berkeley.  Can't get here quick enough!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

whodonit2u

I have seen this amazing band from Louisville to Amsterdam, and i'm so pumped that they'll be my first concert as a new resident of California.

Here's to Cobra somehow getting played tomorrow night!!

Much love and respect to all current and future members of the MMJ fandom.

Maxwell North

Quote from: whodonit2u on Sep 22, 2021, 09:43 PMI have seen this amazing band from Louisville to Amsterdam, and i'm so pumped that they'll be my first concert as a new resident of California.

Here's to Cobra somehow getting played tomorrow night!!

Much love and respect to all current and future members of the MMJ fandom.
Welcome to the Golden State! I think you have chosen a great venue (and band) for your first Cali show! As far outdoor venues go in the state SB bowl could be one of the best, great acoustics/sound, good views/sight lines, historic, beautiful location, and somewhat small/intimate only around 4,000 vs say Hollywood bowl at close to 18,000. Only negative of venue is 10pm curfew but with the earlier/revised door time of 5pm and show start at 6pm I am hoping this allows for a full epic show! I also support/hope Cobra gets played tonight!:drum:

walterfredo

Ha! Was just saying to my buddy how the SB show will be the first time in 6 years I'm seeing the band in a state other than CO! And I'm a CA resident. So excited!

pbarry24

Quote from: rna2525 on Sep 15, 2021, 11:46 AMHi there-

Anybody have a VIP available for Santa Barbara.

Thank you in advance.

Hey! I live out of state, have 2 VIP tix, and can't make it tonight. I will give you the tickets if you would be willing to pick up the VIP merch (anytime 4-6) and mail to me. Let me know - Thanks

pbarry24

Hi all,

I live out of state, have 2 VIP tix, and can't make it tonight. If anyone is interested I will give you the tickets for free if you would be willing to pick up the VIP merch (anytime 4-6) and mail to me. Let me know - Thanks

RadiationVibe

Regularly Scheduled Programming, Touch Me Part 1, Wordless Chorus, Circuital, Lay Low, I'm Amazed, Evil Urges, Golden, Feel You, Climbing the Ladder, One Big Holiday, In Color, It Beats 4U, Love Love Love, Spring (Among the Living), Touch Me Pt. 2, Anytime

Encore: Victory Dance, Off the Record, Where to Begin, Wasted > Run Thru, Dancefloors

Great show. I'm Amazed was played with an arrangement I'd never heard before. The first 2/3 was mostly Jim solo with a little accompaniment from Carl and a bit of a country feel. The band kicked in towards the end, and it concluded with a big rock finale similar to Lay Low or Evil Urges. I dug it. It was nice to hear One Big Holiday and to not have to go home when it was over. Band was very energetic. Show was rocking. A good return to live music for me.

RadiationVibe

Quote from: im2bob on Sep 15, 2021, 05:20 PMHuge MMJ fan from Louisville.  I'm flying to LA to see this show.  My nephew is the guitar player for Durand Jones & The Indications.  Be sure to catch them because they are great.  I could not believe when I first learned (way before you guys) that these shows were happening.

Your nephew's band is awesome. Retro but not gimmicky. I really enjoyed their opening set.

Murph

A mid-set 'OBH' and 'Where to Begin'!!!!

Very, very sweet. It's almost like they heard the rumblings