Just Curious....2022 Tour

Started by MMJTX, Oct 25, 2021, 09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

So, now that the album has dropped, do we think we get a full 2022 tour announcement anytime soon?
I know there have already been a festival (Innings) or two announced for 2022.

I have to think they want to continue playing into 2022, to showcase more of the new songs.

Anyone got any info or thoughts?! Hoping for a run of Tx shows (Dallas-Houston-Austin) that i can do a roadtrip for.
Anytime

Cameron

Definitely hoping for Texas. It has been way too long.

Mr. White

I'm hoping for Forecastle 2022. They had to cancel 2020 and never even planned on having it for 2021. Looks like it is moving to Spring instead of Summer for next year. MMJ has to play Louisville on this tour! They have to!!!

https://www.forecastlefest.com/

"Forecastle Update
Forecastle Festival will be taking a pause in 2021 and will return stronger than ever in 2022.

Feedback from our loyal fans is incredibly important to us, and we are taking this time to make improvements across the board to make Forecastle 2022 an even more incredible experience. We are excited to share that the festival is moving to Memorial Day Weekend beginning in 2022 and beyond, bringing cooler temperatures and even better vibes!

Stay tuned to our website and social media for updates. We can't wait to see you at Waterfront Park next year!"

Memorial Day Weekend for next year is Friday, May 27, 2022 to Monday, May 30, 2022.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

keep in mind Roger Waters' huge tour
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

rkwedge

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 25, 2021, 10:46 AMkeep in mind Roger Waters' huge tour
Lonn if you're referring to Bo going on tour with Roger Waters I believe he's already said he wasn't going out with Waters.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ranyart

Forecastle has moved to Memorial Day weekend, eh?  Interesting news indeed!  I agree that it's very strange that our boys have not shown some love to Louisville in a very long time, but I seriously doubt a Forecastle appearance will motivate us to deal with a festival at this point so my vote is for a couple of nights at the Palace or Yum Center.

I agree with rkwedge on the Bo/Roger touring bit.  I believe originally Bo got the gig because Roger's regular guy on keys got sick or injured, but that has been resolved although it was a HUGE thrill seeing Bo on stage in Rome playing PF tunes...

rkwedge

Quote from: ranyart on Oct 25, 2021, 01:25 PMI agree with rkwedge on the Bo/Roger touring bit.  I believe originally Bo got the gig because Roger's regular guy on keys got sick or injured, but that has been resolved although it was a HUGE thrill seeing Bo on stage in Rome playing PF tunes...
I went back and found where I heard it.  It was on the Roadcase with Josh Rosenberg Podcast May 6 2021 episode with Bo. 1st of all if you haven't listened to this do yourself a favor and find it.  Best interview with Bo I've heard. 2nd at the 1 hour 17 minute mark Bo says he had to turn Roger down (meaning he was asked to do it again) because MMJ was his priority.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Jackets N Pones

Gotta have it and I might join you on that Dallas-Austin-Houston run MMJTX!
Quote from: MMJTX on Oct 25, 2021, 09:24 AMSo, now that the album has dropped, do we think we get a full 2022 tour announcement anytime soon?
I know there have already been a festival (Innings) or two announced for 2022.

I have to think they want to continue playing into 2022, to showcase more of the new songs.

Anyone got any info or thoughts?! Hoping for a run of Tx shows (Dallas-Houston-Austin) that i can do a roadtrip for.

I'm sure we will hear something soon and I might have to join you on that Texas Trifecta run!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

MMJTX

Anytime

subinai

i would do that TX run thru as well ;)

slappymoe

Quote from: ranyart on Oct 25, 2021, 01:25 PMI seriously doubt a Forecastle appearance will motivate us to deal with a festival at this point so my vote is for a couple of nights at the Palace or Yum Center.
Yes. After all this time I really hope they can give us loyal hometown fans more than a festival appearance.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

C.S.

After missing ATL this year due to the schedule change, I'm yearning for a multi-night run next year.

slappymoe

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 25, 2021, 10:21 AMI'm hoping for Forecastle 2022. They had to cancel 2020 and never even planned on having it for 2021. Looks like it is moving to Spring instead of Summer for next year. MMJ has to play Louisville on this tour! They have to!!!

"Forecastle Update
Forecastle Festival will be taking a pause in 2021 and will return stronger than ever in 2022.

Feedback from our loyal fans is incredibly important to us, and we are taking this time to make improvements across the board to make Forecastle 2022 an even more incredible experience. We are excited to share that the festival is moving to Memorial Day Weekend beginning in 2022 and beyond, bringing cooler temperatures and even better vibes!

Stay tuned to our website and social media for updates. We can't wait to see you at Waterfront Park next year!"

Memorial Day Weekend for next year is Friday, May 27, 2022 to Monday, May 30, 2022.
well, they're not playing Forecastle.  which is good news, imo.  louisville needs a proper stand-alone show...or 2.

and i'm sure it's a sign of my advanced age, but the forecastle lineup looks like garbage to me.  i can count the bands i've heard of on one hand.  wouldn't go if it was free.

/end old man rant.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: slappymoe on Jan 05, 2022, 03:15 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 25, 2021, 10:21 AMI'm hoping for Forecastle 2022. They had to cancel 2020 and never even planned on having it for 2021. Looks like it is moving to Spring instead of Summer for next year. MMJ has to play Louisville on this tour! They have to!!!

"Forecastle Update

well, they're not playing Forecastle.  which is good news, imo.  louisville needs a proper stand-alone show...or 2.

and i'm sure it's a sign of my advanced age, but the forecastle lineup looks like garbage to me.  i can count the bands i've heard of on one hand.  wouldn't go if it was free.

/end old man rant.

Not a good line up for me either.

I've heard of 8 of the artists listed, but have only heard the music of three of them and only own the music of Tame Impala.

Lucius

I'm not feeling at all optimistic about a European tour this year. I feel like it would have been announced by now. Some bands from the U.S have announced shows here for '22 and their albums aren't even out yet. Starting to think they've decided not to bother with everything going on :cry: 

They don't owe me or anyone else an explanation but I'd love to know what's going on!
it wouldn't be a party without you

Come Closer

Quote from: Lucius on Jan 07, 2022, 02:36 PMI'm not feeling at all optimistic about a European tour this year. I feel like it would have been announced by now. Some bands from the U.S have announced shows here for '22 and their albums aren't even out yet. Starting to think they've decided not to bother with everything going on :cry: 

They don't owe me or anyone else an explanation but I'd love to know what's going on!
I'm not sure they're big enough or new enough where a European tour during a pandemic would be worth their while.

Lucius

Quote from: Come Closer on Jan 08, 2022, 03:25 PM
Quote from: Lucius on Jan 07, 2022, 02:36 PMI'm not feeling at all optimistic about a European tour this year. I feel like it would have been announced by now. Some bands from the U.S have announced shows here for '22 and their albums aren't even out yet. Starting to think they've decided not to bother with everything going on :cry: 

I'm not sure they're big enough or new enough where a European tour during a pandemic would be worth their while.

I guessed it would mostly be due to the pandemic, I'm sure they'd love to get back here. I don't know about the rest of Europe but there's not a huge difference in size between the venues they play at home and have played in the UK over the years. I'm sure London 2015 was a sellout! I hope they can make it soon  :beer:

I'm actually wondering if it's more of an "environmental conscience" type thing. Wanting to cut their carbon footprint etc, as I've got "smaller" US bands than MMJ lined up for '22!
it wouldn't be a party without you

Mr. White

Quote from: slappymoe on Oct 26, 2021, 09:26 AM
Quote from: ranyart on Oct 25, 2021, 01:25 PMI seriously doubt a Forecastle appearance will motivate us to deal with a festival at this point so my vote is for a couple of nights at the Palace or Yum Center.
Yes. After all this time I really hope they can give us loyal hometown fans more than a festival appearance.

Well, ... I heard a very, very, very hopeful HOMETOWN RUN OF SHOWS rumor last night at the Jason Isbell show at the Louisville Palace! Last night, I went to see Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit for night one of their two-night-run of shows there, and the guy (and his wife) that were sitting next to me told me something that sounds very possible and very real ... I hope. He was a little older than me, and his son is 28 and a big fan of MMJ (so was the guy I was speaking with, told me of many shows locally he'd seen). He said his son travels a lot to see them and has friends in the Denver area and even went ahead to visit out there when last year's New Years run of shows got canceled due to Covid-19. His son supposedly knows someone who works at the Louisville Palace that told him they were planning a run of shows in Louisville like what Louisville native Jack Harlow did just a couple of months ago. Jack Harlow played the Louisville Palace, Headliners, Paristown Hall, Zanzabar, and the Mercury Ballroom (5 shows in about a week of time). His son said this was something similar that's in the works. The guy I was talking to only mentioned the Louisville Palace, the Iroquois Amphitheater, and Headliners, but he was just giving me what he remembered off the top of his head (3 shows would be absolutely killer, but if they did 5 ... UNREAL!). I sure hope this happens!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

slappymoe

Quote from: Mr. White on Jan 29, 2022, 11:48 AM
Quote from: slappymoe on Oct 26, 2021, 09:26 AM

Well, ... I heard a very, very, very hopeful HOMETOWN RUN OF SHOWS rumor last night at the Jason Isbell show at the Louisville Palace! Last night, I went to see Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit for night one of their two-night-run of shows there, and the guy (and his wife) that were sitting next to me told me something that sounds very possible and very real ... I hope. He was a little older than me, and his son is 28 and a big fan of MMJ (so was the guy I was speaking with, told me of many shows locally he'd seen). He said his son travels a lot to see them and has friends in the Denver area and even went ahead to visit out there when last year's New Years run of shows got canceled due to Covid-19. His son supposedly knows someone who works at the Louisville Palace that told him they were planning a run of shows in Louisville like what Louisville native Jack Harlow did just a couple of months ago. Jack Harlow played the Louisville Palace, Headliners, Paristown Hall, Zanzabar, and the Mercury Ballroom (5 shows in about a week of time). His son said this was something similar that's in the works. The guy I was talking to only mentioned the Louisville Palace, the Iroquois Amphitheater, and Headliners, but he was just giving me what he remembered off the top of his head (3 shows would be absolutely killer, but if they did 5 ... UNREAL!). I sure hope this happens!
headliners holds what, 600 people max? i was lucky enough to win tickets to one of the waterfall rehearsal shows there. that would be the most coveted ticket ever.

thanks for the scoop, fingers crossed it comes to fruition.