Roll Call NYE Denver

Started by rkwedge, Aug 05, 2021, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dondantesinferno

Quote from: Jacketman on Dec 22, 2021, 12:23 PM
Quote from: RobotRace on Dec 22, 2021, 10:22 AM
Quote from: Dondantesinferno on Dec 21, 2021, 09:45 PMThe University of Colorado cancelled a big men's basketball game today against the University of Kansas. This doesn't bode well for the next few weeks. Hope it can happen. I'm set to be there all three nights with the Mrs. and youngest so we've got all our fingers crossed!

Saw that last night. I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best when it comes to NYE  :undecided:

Was canceled because players on CU contacted Covid.  I think the only way these shows get canceled is if someone in the band or touring team get Covid.

That's my thinking and hope as well. One week to go! Fingers crossed!

ericm

MMJ has always done right by their fans and I think this run will be no different.

They'll do their due diligence and if they think it's safe enough to play the shows, they will. If they feel it's too risky, they won't.

Simple as that imo, and I'm confident they'll do what's best for everyone
"Where's Jim going?"

mageetahNOTcloser

Half my crew just cancelled. This does not feel good at all. Looks like venues everywhere are starting to shut things down....

Zooey

walterfredo

Quote from: Zooey on Dec 23, 2021, 03:45 PMPhish postponed NYE to April.

https://phish.com/news/2021-2022-new-years-run-update/

What will MMJ do?

yep, our NYE plans have been foiled. I immediately bought MMJ tix, but will these shows even happen either? (sad trombone)

ericm

What will MMJ do?

That's a very well thought out and written release from Phish and kudos to them. I especially agree about the good chance the shows ending up getting cancelled mid run and that would suck even more for all involved. Good on them for getting out in front and glad to see they found a window in April to play these shows.

Sadly, I'm starting to think more and more MMJ will end up doing the same.
"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

Quote from: ericm on Dec 23, 2021, 04:20 PM

What will MMJ do?

That's a very well thought out and written release from Phish and kudos to them. I especially agree about the good chance the shows ending up getting cancelled mid run and that would suck even more for all involved. Good on them for getting out in front and glad to see they found a window in April to play these shows.

Sadly, I'm starting to think more and more MMJ will end up doing the same.

Denver <> NYC and all things virus are less of a problem in Denver so I sure hope MMJ finds a way to pull NYE off.  Not to mention MSG is way bigger and older that Mission Ballroom  Rescheduling to random time slots simply won't fit into our lives so we would probably ending up cancelling and that would just plain suck.

luvmusic

IMO the question for whether or not the show goes on as scheduled has to consider the risk to the audience of encountering a significant health issue (and the related risk to people who come into contact with those who do) versus the desire to enjoy the show. That was an easy call before Omicron, and in my opinion it is an easy call now with Omicron, based on public reporting about Omicron.  Based on that public reporting, there is little doubt that this will be a spreader event and that the only way to protect attendees and the public from that is to cancel. If there is a cancellation, hopefully that will take into account the several days advance notice required so people don't get hit with cancellation fees or otherwise commit to travel and related non-refundable costs.  I really want to go, but I don't want to get Covid or spread Covid. It's a sad circumstance.

CountSA

Canceled...sorry folks!

ericm

Quote from: CountSA on Dec 23, 2021, 07:08 PMCanceled...sorry folks!

That's what I was hearing too, and while it sucks, it's the smart and safe thing to do.
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Quote from: ericm on Dec 23, 2021, 07:10 PM
Quote from: CountSA on Dec 23, 2021, 07:08 PMCanceled...sorry folks!

That's what I was hearing too, and while it sucks, it's the smart and safe thing to do.
Yes, the correct call. Now to go cancel everything. Let's just hope this doesn't linger long enough to cancel OBH5 also. Stay safe out there everyone.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

walterfredo

Haha! I just cancelled our flights to NYC for phish and rebooked flights to Denver. Guess I should have waited a few hours!

ranyart

Just got the message it's cancelled ❤️

RobotRace

What a bummer. Stay safe folks, and let's hope 2022 is a much better year. Sucks to be at the mercy of those who refuse to take the simple, easy and free precautions to protect others.

mdgsolo

Ah, the perfect end to another shitty year.

longshanks

So sad this has transpired and so tired of everyone's collective failure to squelch this pandemic any of the times it was within reach. Denverite here, so no travel to cancel - those of you who do, my sincere sympathy.

ranyart

Thanks for thinking of us traveling folks longshanks.  I just got finished tearing down this trip and changing the flight to spring break for some hot springs love out your way.  Billy Strings is doing a livestream on NYE so I guess we'll be in our living room jamming with him now rather than my fellow jacketheads.

As much as I hate to give up the absolutely perfect seats we were able to get for NYE, I am super happy MMJ didn't reschedule to some random dates like Phish did.  Push it to NYE 2022 and I would be fine with that, but somehow April right after Easter just doesn't do it for me.  I am really appreciative that the MMJ team made that choice.

Next show for us now becomes Nick Mason in February.  Let's hope he can pull it off!

ranyart

One other thought...  We were really looking forward to six nights of MMJ live bliss in a row which will probably never line up properly for us again like this Chicago - Denver run did, which makes the Chicago shows even more special than they already are (and they were damn gooooooood).

Here's hoping things calm back down for OBH!  :beer:

walterfredo

^for the record, while phish did reschedule the dates to April, every ticket holder has the option to keep their tickets/original seats or to be refunded. Phish always does right by their fans.

MMJCOBRA

Really hoping Dr Dog doesn't cancel their final five shows which culminates NYE in Philadelphia.

Our flight leaves early Monday morning.

I would imagine that w with 5 nights instead of 3, and performing in three different venues, would make postponement extremely difficult.

My personal thought is that unless members of the band are worried about their own personal safety, that the shows should go on and let fans make decisions for themselves.