Article on future COD events in Mexico

Started by Zutroy, Jan 09, 2022, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zutroy

Story on New Mexico Refund Policy

Key quote: " If, at any point during the two weeks leading up to a particular event, the CDC Risk Assessment Level for COVID-19 for the Quintana Roo (CancĂșn) region of Mexico rises to a Level 4 or Mexico designates the area unsafe to hold an event we will be offering full refunds to those not wishing to attend the particular event and will work closely with the artists and their representatives to determine if an event should be cancelled. At this time, we are taking this situation day by day and event by event."

Note "offering full refunds" to those "not wishing to attend". Much different than a cancellation policy. Seems reasonable, IMHO

Derek713

I guess we will just need to keep an eye on the other CID events leading up to OBH to get a better feel for things. I doubt Mexico will declare a level 4 due to the financial impacts on tourism, but even at level 3 they are supposed to be at 60% max occupancy for events. Isn't OBH at something like 90% sold out? I wonder what they would do if we are still at a level 3 by then? Hopefully things get better in a hurry.

walterfredo

Quote from: Derek713 on Jan 10, 2022, 10:51 AMI guess we will just need to keep an eye on the other CID events leading up to OBH to get a better feel for things. I doubt Mexico will declare a level 4 due to the financial impacts on tourism, but even at level 3 they are supposed to be at 60% max occupancy for events. Isn't OBH at something like 90% sold out? I wonder what they would do if we are still at a level 3 by then? Hopefully things get better in a hurry.

I have read that the Moon Palace has an exemption to these rules. I have not actual info to verify this, and may just be hearsay, but that is what I read on a phish board. Seems silly all things considered.

Derek713

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 10, 2022, 12:04 PM
Quote from: Derek713 on Jan 10, 2022, 10:51 AMI guess we will just need to keep an eye on the other CID events leading up to OBH to get a better feel for things. I doubt Mexico will declare a level 4 due to the financial impacts on tourism, but even at level 3 they are supposed to be at 60% max occupancy for events. Isn't OBH at something like 90% sold out? I wonder what they would do if we are still at a level 3 by then? Hopefully things get better in a hurry.

I have read that the Moon Palace has an exemption to these rules. I have not actual info to verify this, and may just be hearsay, but that is what I read on a phish board. Seems silly all things considered.

Interesting. I guess we will know in 49 days either way.

MOWJO8185

I think odds are good that this wave will be well on its way down by the time MMJ is supposed to play.

Come Closer

Even if case counts are way down by then, I hope them boys isolate pretty good beforehand so a positive band member doesn't derail things.

mdgsolo

My prediction:  Omicron is going to run out of viable hosts to jump to and the numbers will drop drastically in the next two months and we will all be in the sand with friends an family having the time of our lives.

There's your daily dose of positivity!

MMJCOBRA

Hopefully, I'll be testing negative by then.

Picked up Omicron on 12/27, symptom free a week later but am still testing positive.

Doc said you could still test positive up to 90 days after infection, but that you're not infectious 10 days after you're first symptoms present.

Fingers crossed.

PDIDDY

Has anyone looked at the new covid travel guidelines for returning back to US?

The CDC now says as of 12/17 - If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight's departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).

So technically if we had COVID recently and show proof we don't need to worry about providing a neg test on return? Hopefully CID revising this?

atk1

mdgsolo

Quote from: atk1 on Jan 31, 2022, 04:58 PMCDC has Mexico at a Level 4 now

The infection rate today for Mexico is at 86% of the peak, which appears to be January 23rd by all accounts.  Rates are falling 20% a day now and the drop looks steep on the graph.  We still have 4 weeks and I'm guessing the level 4 declaration had a bit of a lag time based on the date of the spike.

Brandi Carlile's event is going on down there right now and most every other major Mexico fest has gone off without a hitch.

Think positive everyone!

pzoo

Uggh. US Embassy also issued security warning for the area with directive to "avoid crowds"  :shocked:

https://mx.usembassy.gov/alert-01252022/

AKS

Dave and Tim event is at Moon Palace Feb 18-20.  Which means this Friday is the two weeks out date.  It'll be interesting to see how it's handled.  Two weeks leading up to an event and Level 4 should instantly trigger them to "Offer full refunds to those not wishing to attend the particular event".   And probably the thing i'm most curious about, will CID still hold the event while the Cancun/Quintana Roo region is at Level 4.

Quote from: pzoo on Feb 01, 2022, 11:41 PM

Uggh. US Embassy also issued security warning for the area with directive to "avoid crowds"  :shocked:

AKS

One Big Holiday is offering refunds from now until Feb 7th.

https://mmjonebigholiday.com/covid-19-policy/

Quote from: AKS on Feb 02, 2022, 01:14 PMDave and Tim event is at Moon Palace Feb 18-20.  Which means this Friday is the two weeks out date.  It'll be interesting to see how it's handled.  Two weeks leading up to an event and Level 4 should instantly trigger them to "Offer full refunds to those not wishing to attend the particular event".  And probably the thing i'm most curious about, will CID still hold the event while the Cancun/Quintana Roo region is at Level 4.

Quote from: pzoo on Feb 01, 2022, 11:41 PM