OBH5 Full Recordings?

Started by MMJCOBRA, Mar 14, 2022, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJCOBRA

....to tide us over until those tasty soundboards :cheesy:

RobRoy286

So much for the March announcement of "next month." Don't know why it always takes so long.

Zutroy

I assume they are timing the release to be around when CID announces the next OBH. So probably a couple of weeks. Cloud9 just started announcing 2023 events and I would think CID will be soon.

dustinrr

It's been a long 3 or 4 weeks

MOWJO8185

I'm pretty sure their FOH sound engineer mixes these releases himself, and is pretty meticulous in doing so. I think that explains why they sound better than like 90% of shows on nugs, but also why they take so long. I'm assuming his responsibilities with the first leg of the tour got in the way. Hopefully he finishes them during this little break.

I'd personally sacrifice a bit of the sound quality for more frequent releases in a more timely fashion, but it's just not what they've decided on for whatever reason.

Come Closer

Quote from: dustinrr on May 05, 2022, 08:28 PMIt's been a long 3 or 4 weeks
So you're saying the weeks did not go by like days

dustinrr

Quote from: Come Closer on May 06, 2022, 07:29 PM
Quote from: dustinrr on May 05, 2022, 08:28 PMIt's been a long 3 or 4 weeks
So you're saying the weeks did not go by like days

They have not. The day is coming though, anytime now. :wink:

getinthevan

We should just trust that there's a master plan that they've been working on from the start.  It's going to end up being really so sweet. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

RobRoy286

So no one has the lowdown on exact timing here? Hopefully sooner rather than later. Better late than never, though.

walterfredo

I'm amazed at how worked up y'all are over this...chill out...don't get carried away here. Just believe that they'll come out when it's least expected. And it'll be wonderful! If all else fails, there's probably some audience recordings somewhere?

getinthevan

Well we talked and talked and carried on from sundown to the break of dawn.  We put the needle on the line, it just kept skipping. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

MOWJO8185

RobRoy286

lesssssgoooooooo!

Thanks Kevin!

MMJCOBRA

Wooooooow. 5 songs in and the sound is sublime. 

Sooner  <3

Mr. White

Just got home and saw this and got done downloading all 3 shows! Yes!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

brob

If any couples out there have extra codes I would love one! 

Thanks!

rkwedge

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on May 09, 2022, 07:48 PMWooooooow. 5 songs in and the sound is sublime. 

Sooner  <3
Do you still feel this way? I find the mix a bit weird, strong drums and bass but guitars seems to get lost in the mix because of this. I also think Jim's voice sounds kind of weird at times.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: rkwedge on May 13, 2022, 01:08 PM
Quote from: MMJCOBRA on May 09, 2022, 07:48 PMWooooooow. 5 songs in and the sound is sublime. 

Sooner  <3
Do you still feel this way? I find the mix a bit weird, strong drums and bass but guitars seems to get lost in the mix because of this. I also think Jim's voice sounds kind of weird at times.

I do for night 1. I found the mix as perfect as I've heard outside of Okonokos.

Now night 2, the mix is muddied and there isn't as much separation between instruments. To me it's a noticeable difference. I think night three improves but I'm only 5 songs in.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and comments.