Jacobs Pavilion 6-21-22

Started by MPP, Jun 22, 2022, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPP

Anyone else here at tonight's show? Awesome set. Beautiful setting on the river in downtown Cleveland.

I'm sure there's a set list out there, but for those interested RSP was the excellent opener, OBH closed the set, Mahgeetah closed the show.  With a great band ad lib fill leading in, while Jim tuned his geetar on the fly. Boys nailed pretty much every song. Loved how they mixed up set list positions, as usual (RSP-OTR-Spring start was killer).  Great versions of In Color and Real World also from the new album.

Such a strong catalogue they have now! The two new albums adding new classics to be. Second to last was a full length epic PWW, which I mention because the Dallas show version I saw was very short, caught me off guard then. Crowd was not a sellout, but about as pumped and vocal as I've seen. Loved it.

This weekend back home should be amazing for all going, hope you have a blast!

ranyart

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2022/06/lakewood-native-bo-koster-living-his-rock-n-roll-dream-as-keyboardist-for-my-morning-jacket.html

Nice article about Bo in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.  Glad you enjoyed the show!  In a perfect world the Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Louisville-Detroit-Madison-Chicago run would have been awesome to do but alas work gets in the way...

MMJTX

whoa whoa whoaaaaa

thank you for your review but...i went and looked on setlist.fm for the full setlist and you're not even going to mention the Suspicious Minds cover they did?!?!?! WHAT?
Anytime

MPP

Quote from: cgreen2599 on Jun 22, 2022, 09:19 AM
Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 22, 2022, 08:56 AMwhoa whoa whoaaaaa

thank you for your review but...i went and looked on setlist.fm for the full setlist and you're not even going to mention the Suspicious Minds cover they did?!?!?! WHAT?

That's an error by whoever put in the info. I was watching a FB live stream and they did not play it. That would have been super cool though. Here's the official setlist from the band http://archive.mymorningjacket.net/index.php/shows/2022-shows/2022-06-21-jacobs-pavilion-at-nautica-cleveland-oh

Lol. That would have been a real eff up on my part if I forgot to mention an Elvis cover!

Thanks cgreen for the set list link, and also the set list spreadsheet you post. Love that info.

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 22, 2022, 08:55 AMhttps://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2022/06/lakewood-native-bo-koster-living-his-rock-n-roll-dream-as-keyboardist-for-my-morning-jacket.html

Nice article about Bo in the Cleveland Plain Dealer.  Glad you enjoyed the show!  In a perfect world the Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Louisville-Detroit-Madison-Chicago run would have been awesome to do but alas work gets in the way...

Thanks for the Bo link, nice find! Funny, work travel is the reason I got to see the Cleveland show last night.

Roo06

Was start time 9:00 last night? Opener at 8.

MMJTX

:undecided: dangit! i was looking forward to hearing that, what a random entry into the setlist for someone to put lol
Anytime

MMJTX

Is that the first "Least Expected" we've gotten on this current 2022 tour? Aside from OBH?
Anytime

robb

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 22, 2022, 11:18 AMIs that the first "Least Expected" we've gotten on this current 2022 tour? Aside from OBH?

yes.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

MPP

Quote from: Roo06 on Jun 22, 2022, 10:48 AMWas start time 9:00 last night? Opener at 8.

Indigo De Souza came on at 7:45, did a 40 min set. Jacket started right at 9p. 

Thought it would be a relatively short show for them when they ended the set at 10:40.  Even saw some folks leaving when they started OBH, probably thinking that was it.🙄. I was thinking that stellar PWW was the show closer, but then Jim switched guitars and attempted to launch into the Mahgeetah opening chords.  About as out of tune as you ever hear at a show, lol.  So the guys ad libbed some background music while he tuned it up. Jim even slid into the jam once tuned for a few seconds before restarting Mahgeetah. 

A very satisfying 2:15 set when done.  It's been said before, but always worth noting.  These guys always, always lay it out, every song, every show. After 24 or so years, and countless times played, they still rock every song out with incredible energy, freshness and innovation. Amazing band.

fly4x4

Was there last night and it was such a great show.  They never disappoint.  I was able to take my 14 year old daughter and it was her first show.  She was blown away