The TV Thread

Started by dragonboy, Sep 01, 2006, 06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Oct 14, 2021, 07:02 PMSuccession season 3 premiere on Sunday 10/17! Team Kendall let's goooooooooo

how can anyone root for that sad sack? I guess if cringe is your thing ;)

Watched the episode twice because I was watching the Braves game on my phone during the premiere on Sunday. Definitely a show you pick up some new things each time because the plot and language are dense.
Don't you ever turn it off

ChiefOKONO

Thanks, had no heard about this one.

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Oct 15, 2021, 02:27 PMThe Velvet Underground Documentary on AppleTV+  :thumbsup:

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 19, 2021, 02:21 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Oct 14, 2021, 07:02 PMSuccession season 3 premiere on Sunday 10/17! Team Kendall let's goooooooooo

how can anyone root for that sad sack? I guess if cringe is your thing ;)

Watched the episode twice because I was watching the Braves game on my phone during the premiere on Sunday. Definitely a show you pick up some new things each time because the plot and language are dense.

Dude the writing is so good on this show and the music is next level! Team Kendall baby the revolution will be televised!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: APR on Oct 11, 2021, 02:38 PMHacks on HBO Max is excellent!

Loving this show, thank you for the recommendation!

ChiefOKONO

Pen15 returns on 12/3!   Excited to see the 2nd half of s2 which was delayed.
I read that s3 will be the last one though.

Jackets N Pones

Shoutout to BJ playing the Omnichord on the recent Righteous Gemstones episode. Love Judy and BJ so much, greatest TV couple ever

rkwedge

I won't spoil it, but did anyone see episode 7 of Better Call Saul last night?  :shocked:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ChiefOKONO

Started Severance recently and Loving it!!!

ChiefOKONO

Yes so Severance is Amazing!  It is probably in the top 3 shows I have seen over the past year.  Cannot wait to see what happens next!

Also started this docuseries about bad bad stuff going on in this Mormon sect - pretty crazy!

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/05/keep-sweet-pray-and-obey-trailer-netflix-mormon-1234728611/

ChiefOKONO

Just finished Outlaws... really good, funny, well written and love the characters so I was happy to hear s2 is on its way soon!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outlaws_(2021_TV_series)

Jackets N Pones

Hacks Season Two is so good!

Everyone is talking about The Bear, gotta check that one out next, haven't heard too much about it but I think it is about someone that goes down to the pier late at night...

ChiefOKONO

Haha... yes I also heard about the Bear.  Sounds interesting.

I just finished Ms. Marvel, twice.  Loved it!!!

Started Umbrella Academy!

ChiefOKONO

Also been watching Reservation Dogs, which I love.  It took me a while to finish s1 since I was sidetracked by others but now I am all into it!

ChiefOKONO

I got to see Three Thousand Years of Longing, the new one by George Miller with Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton and I loved it.  Cool concept and visuals too, I think you would like it.  Definitely recommended!

https://www.wired.com/story/george-miller-three-thousand-years-of-longing-q-a/

Jackets N Pones

The Bear on Hulu is terrific. Wilco love throughout. Also makes you want to eat Italian beef sandwiches, which I did, and it was glorious.

ChiefOKONO

Umbrella Academy was great.  I read that s4 will be the final one.

Thanks for the post about the Bear, it is now on my list.

ChiefOKONO

Reservation Dogs s2 was damned good!!!  Very happy it was renewed!

Started on Bad Sisters and that show is really good as well.  Ireland setting is quite nice and refreshing.

LBSUNFLWR

I finally watched Euphoria. Damn what a show. The acting is incredible. 

Can't wait for Season 3 next year.

ChiefOKONO

Euphoria seems really heavy but I do want to check it out.

White Lotus is great, started s2 recently! wild show!