Louisville Halloween 2022?

Started by Zutroy, Jul 05, 2022, 07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zutroy

Overheard some KY people gossiping/speculating in Chicago that they'd reschedule for a Halloween run.

Mr. White

Quote from: Zutroy on Jul 05, 2022, 07:46 PMOverheard some KY people gossiping/speculating in Chicago that they'd reschedule for a Halloween run.

That sounds like a possibility!

The first time I saw them live was a couple of days before Halloween in 2010 (10/29/2010). A lot of people were dressed up for Halloween, and they had two blow-up Halloween styled cats on either side of the stage that were lit up from inside and had swaying/turning heads. The band even changed clothes between the main set and the encore all dressed up like Colonel Sanders.

It was the homecoming show at the KFC Yum! Center (only the 2nd show there at the new venue/arena - The Eagles played there 1st about a week or so earlier).

Right after the KFC Yum! Center was built, I heard something on the radio about how they made sure to design the place for optimal sound quality for future concerts there.

That would be killer!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ericm

I hope this happens and I'd definitely be there for another hometown Halloween show.  :thumbsup:

I just hope these people gossiping weren't part of the same crowd during the Broomfield CO NYE run saying the NYE show would be the last Jacket show ever, I think the exact words were "this is it, after these shows they're done."  Lol

"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 05, 2022, 09:45 PM
Quote from: Zutroy on Jul 05, 2022, 07:46 PMOverheard some KY people gossiping/speculating in Chicago that they'd reschedule for a Halloween run.

The first time I saw them live was a couple of days before Halloween in 2010 (10/29/2010). A lot of people were dressed up for Halloween, and they had two blow-up Halloween styled cats on either side of the stage that were lit up from inside and had swaying/turning heads. The band even changed clothes between the main set and the encore all dressed up like Colonel Sanders.

It was the homecoming show at the KFC Yum! Center (only the 2nd show there at the new venue/arena - The Eagles played there 1st about a week or so earlier).

Right after the KFC Yum! Center was built, I heard something on the radio about how they made sure to design the place for optimal sound quality for future concerts there.

That would be killer!

I did not know MMJ played Yum in 2010!  How the heck did we miss that?  Seems like it's pretty darn big for a MMJ show but if it works bring it on.  How full was it Mr. White?

The Monsters of Folk show we saw at Louisville Palace was on Halloween in 2009 and it was awesome.  The band took a break and just before they came back out the put on Won't Get Fooled Again (or maybe it was Teenage Wasteland?) and jumped on stage dressed as KISS and proceeded to tear up some KISS covers and other stuff.

There's nothing going on at either Yum or Palace on 10/31, which unfortunately is a Monday, or the weekend before.  Needless to say we would love any sort of multi night plan they put together for their hometown but my vote would be for fall because for folks traveling to this part of the world fall generally has good weather and of course if the timing is right the leaves will be changing colors.  I would be super happy with NYE too of course but I'm not sure how much of a draw that would be for people coming from afar, but then again if they are playing Palace it won't matter because it will sellout without a doubt anyway.

walterfredo

would be curious if this leaned more toward gossip (as in they actually heard something) or just wishful speculation. I would fully welcome this. No halloween phish shows this year, so this would be well received at our house!

Mr. White

Quote from: ranyart on Jul 06, 2022, 11:10 AM

That would be killer!

I did not know MMJ played Yum in 2010!  How the heck did we miss that?  Seems like it's pretty darn big for a MMJ show but if it works bring it on.  How full was it Mr. White?

The Monsters of Folk show we saw at Louisville Palace was on Halloween in 2009 and it was awesome.  The band took a break and just before they came back out the put on Won't Get Fooled Again (or maybe it was Teenage Wasteland?) and jumped on stage dressed as KISS and proceeded to tear up some KISS covers and other stuff.

There's nothing going on at either Yum or Palace on 10/31, which unfortunately is a Monday, or the weekend before.  Needless to say we would love any sort of multi night plan they put together for their hometown but my vote would be for fall because for folks traveling to this part of the world fall generally has good weather and of course if the timing is right the leaves will be changing colors.  I would be super happy with NYE too of course but I'm not sure how much of a draw that would be for people coming from afar, but then again if they are playing Palace it won't matter because it will sellout without a doubt anyway.

A behind-the-scenes look at the symbiotic love affair that exists between My Morning Jacket, and their hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. This grassroots film tells a story about the unique relationship between a band, and an American city that has its own distinctive heritage and blossoming indie music scene. One Big Holiday chronicles the preparations of My Morning Jacket as the band returned to Louisville, KY to play a homecoming concert in the newly opened KFC Yum! Center in October 2010.

Released with My Morning Jacket's 2011 album, Circuital.

Click on the link below to the documentary that came in the Circuital Box Set from Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/23693270

Not sure how well it sold. I decided to go at the last minute and missed the opening acts. However, I did make my way down to the floor and was dead center about 15 to 20 thicknesses of people back. When the orange and black balloons dropped from the ceiling, I was right in front of where they began. It was my first experience with them, and I was won over!

slappymoe

Quote from: ranyart on Jul 06, 2022, 11:10 AMI did not know MMJ played Yum in 2010!  How the heck did we miss that?  Seems like it's pretty darn big for a MMJ show but if it works bring it on.  How full was it Mr. White?

(or maybe it was Teenage Wasteland?)
they curtained off the upper level, only sold lower level (reserved) and floor (GA).  pretty full.

and "teenage wasteland" = baba o'riley.  the who fanatic in me cannot let that pass :grin: 

Mr. White

That would be killer!

This show will be exactly 12 years to the day since the first one there, which was my very first MMJ show ever!

I'm ready!

MMJCOBRA

Sounds like a blast for those who can make it!!!  Unfortunately, I have a wedding to attend so I'll have to head back to Louisville some other time.