Roll Call - Red Butte Garden - Salt Lake City - 8/21/2022

Started by superflav, Aug 16, 2022, 04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

This venue is really incredible! Saw trey there in May. Make sure to go tour the botanical gardens in the day before the show. And the venue is entirely BYO anything! You can literally roll in an ice chest full of whatever you want. We brought in a bottle of champagne and cocktail fixings. It's pretty rad! To all going to this show, you're in for a treat with the venue!

ranyart

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 18, 2022, 02:14 PMThis venue is really incredible! Saw trey there in May. Make sure to go tour the botanical gardens in the day before the show. And the venue is entirely BYO anything! You can literally roll in an ice chest full of whatever you want. We brought in a bottle of champagne and cocktail fixings. It's pretty rad! To all going to this show, you're in for a treat with the venue!

It's very surprising that they allow glass containers in particular.  Where else can you do that?

walterfredo

Quote from: ranyart on Aug 18, 2022, 03:39 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 18, 2022, 02:14 PMThis venue is really incredible! Saw trey there in May. Make sure to go tour the botanical gardens in the day before the show. And the venue is entirely BYO anything! You can literally roll in an ice chest full of whatever you want. We brought in a bottle of champagne and cocktail fixings. It's pretty rad! To all going to this show, you're in for a treat with the venue!

It's very surprising that they allow glass containers in particular.  Where else can you do that?

Hollywood Forever Cemetery! But yeah, its wild. Have never had any such venue experience. After last night in Hollywood that makes two such experiences in just a few months.

Lonndown27

Hope to see everyone although I guarantee everyone will hide from me! This is my fuckin hometown with many of you coming into the city. Kinda cool.

if anyone wants to meet, let me know.
Can't wait to see the band for the first time since the pandemic.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 19, 2022, 03:44 PMHope to see everyone although I guarantee everyone will hide from me! This is my fuckin hometown with many of you coming into the city. Kinda cool.

if anyone wants to meet, let me know.
Can't wait to see the band for the first time since the pandemic.

Hey Lon enjoy your show and glad to see the guys are hitting your hometown this tour. Looking forward to hearing your review.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

rkwedge

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 19, 2022, 03:44 PMCan't wait to see the band for the first time since the pandemic.
Have fun Lon, hope you get a killer set list.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Lonndown27

Quote from: rkwedge on Aug 19, 2022, 09:20 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 19, 2022, 03:44 PMCan't wait to see the band for the first time since the pandemic.
Have fun Lon, hope you get a killer set list.

RKWEDGE!!!!! MY MAN!!!GONNA BE A GREAT SHOW! I'm sure you'll be at Red Rocks
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

guys and gals, here's my dream setlist, within reason, BASED ON SONGS I'VE NEVER SEEN OR SONGS I HAVEN'T SEEN ENOUGH / PERFECT FOR NOW:

TONITE I WANT 2 CELEBRATE W/ U
ROLLIN BACK
MAHGEETA
THE DARK
REGULARLY SCHEDULED
HOW DO YOU KNOW
NEVER IN THE REAL 🌎
THANK YOU TOO!
SOONER
OLD SEPTEMBER BLUES
THEY RAN (2015 VERS)
HONEST MAN
IT'S ABOUT TWILIGHT NOW
PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS
EASY MORNING REBEL
O IS THE ONE THAT IS REAL
-BO PIANO SOLO
FEEL YOU
WHERE TO BEGIN
THE BEAR
STEAM ENGINE
-------------------------
I THINK I'M GOIN TO HELL
IN COLOR
STRANGULATION!
WASTED
DANCEFLOORS

Lonndown27

Salt Lake City Set list
VICTORY DANCE
IT BEATS 4 U
GIDEON
MASTERPLAN
DANCEFLOORS
FEEL YOU (boys did a weird jam)
TOUCH ME I
LUCKY TO BE ALIVE
-JIM CALLS GREAT SLC A FUCKIN TREASURE
BERMUDA HIGHWAY
SPINNING MY WHEELS
CIRCUITAL
SPRING
WASTED
LOVE X3 (Cool punky ending)
WORDLESS (BEST WORDLESS EVER)
TOUCH ME II
------
STEAM ENGINE w JOHNNY QUAID !!!!!
PHONE w JOHNNY QUAID!!!!
OBH w JOHNNY QUAID!!!
May have missed one?

Lonndown27

My SLC REVIEW:
Yes that's right, Johnny Fuckin Quaid played the encores with the boys tonight, Jim making sure everyone knew by saying "the one and only Johnny QUAID" as the last thing he said to the crowd.
What a damn show. I'm wondering if I missed anything on the set list but goddamn.
I am so lucky to have seen this set.
I only hope they can top that for you guys but i think they'll have some trouble.

Tonight, My Morning Jacket played with undeniable fury, no half measures on a single chord, meanwhile Jim's voice sounds unreal. Interesting to note,
Patrick is using the 2nd bass drum to do some of the fills he used to execute with his arms. The double bass is definitely not a cosmetic change, it's all about sustaining Patrick.

Carl sounded so good tonight, I can't get over how much he experimented and it sounded great. He was absolutely reaching for these obscure notes on Circuital and Steam engine, twisting those solos into new constellations.
Really cannot believe how good his tone sounds.
He was also extremely animated tonight.

Jim's guitar tone is slathered in phaser nowadays and I love it. His vocals tonight echoed off the mountains behind us during Bermuda Highway ....gave you chills.

Dancefloors was extended for at least 8 or 9 minutes, with some bluesy meanderings that sounded epic. During the finale, I literally felt this was the best Dancefloors I've ever heard of, and I was lucky to be there.

I don't know about you, but that was the sickest WORDLESS CHORUS ever.
Everyone on here killed me for asking for the band to either shelve it or expand it and oh my god, they absolutely morphed that song into something special with Bo operating those samples in the middle. It became a dub delight until Jim's solo broke out and all hell broke loose.

Marc Janowitz is a lighting god. I am used to their brilliance in the lighting department, but THIS was next level.

When the band went into Steam to open the encores, then directly into Phone, I was so on planet 9 i didn't notice another member on stage. Chels said who's that? I said oh my god....that is Johnny Quaid.

I feel lucky to be alive.
Being able to see such an amazing show, definitely the best I've seen them do in SLC, with new songs I've never seen like Wasted, Spinning, Feel You, Lucky, I am just astounded by this band's power.

Being able to share this experience with my newborn son is crazy. Yes, we brought him for the first 5 Songs and he was at peace. Loving it in his earmuffs. We got him outta there to grandma waiting outside after 5 Songs but it was pretty incredible to take him to his first Jacket show.

Yup, I'm that crazy.

Everyone, I love you.
This band can change the fuckin world, cause they've changed mine.
Can't wait to see all your videos, photos and recollections of an incredible night.
Wow....just Wow...

Lonndown27

The band weren't mailing ANYTHING in and since they were playing at an amazing setting in front of an absolutely packed house, they delivered.

Sure, I would've scrapped Love, Love, Love and Lucky for Penny and Devil's in the Details or RSP, but that is a small small worry within an unforgettable experience.

If you skipped this show, I feel bad.
I hope the band bring Johnny to Red Rocks and Dillon and I'm sure they will!

RobRoy286

Lonn...have you come to appreciate Lucky To Be Alive?!? Such a jam.

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Aug 22, 2022, 09:28 AMLonn...have you come to appreciate Lucky To Be Alive?!? Such a jam.

Not fully but seeing my newborn son laughing during the intro made me appreciate it a whole lot more (or maybe it was him filling up his diaper 😄).

LOVE the end jam of course, which I call "the Flight of Christ", even have it listed as such on the ITunes.

JOHNNY QUAID WITH HIS OLD SG ONSTAGE.
CROSSED OFF MY MMJ BUCKET LIST....WOW

ranyart

Super happy for you Lonn!  Nothing like a JQ appearance to get the joint jumping.  I hope someone was taping and the rest of us get to hear it sooner than later...

Lonndown27

Quote from: ranyart on Aug 22, 2022, 12:26 PMSuper happy for you Lonn!  Nothing like a JQ appearance to get the joint jumping.  I hope someone was taping and the rest of us get to hear it sooner than later...

Yes! Someone was! I saw a taper and talked to him, I think he could've been the legendary Alex Leary, but I wasn't sure. He was like "bro, I can smell your cannabis brain from here".

Such an incredible show, I'm not overrating it like i did 10/7/2015.
The band were in such an incredible mood, the temperature was 79 degrees, not single mosquito bite. Chels even put on a hoodie.

I cannot wait for you to hear the show, because I know it'll be buried by Red Rocks coming up but it was a show of the highest caliber, right up there even despite it being just 19 Songs.

Band played for 2 hours and 20 minutes on the dot.

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Bulldog

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 22, 2022, 01:35 PM
Quote from: ranyart on Aug 22, 2022, 12:26 PMSuper happy for you Lonn!  Nothing like a JQ appearance to get the joint jumping.  I hope someone was taping and the rest of us get to hear it sooner than later...

Yes! Someone was! I saw a taper and talked to him, I think he could've been the legendary Alex Leary, but I wasn't sure. He was like "bro, I can smell your cannabis brain from here".

Such an incredible show, I'm not overrating it like i did 10/7/2015.
The band were in such an incredible move, the temperature was 79 degrees, not single mosquito bite. Chels even put on a hoodie.

I cannot wait for you to hear the show, because I know it'll be buried by Red Rocks coming up but it was a show of the highest caliber, right up there even despite it being just 19 Songs.

Band played for 2 hours and 35 minutes on the dot.

So happy for you and jealous for folks like me that missed out