Main Menu

OBH 2022

Started by CC, May 13, 2021, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atk1

Phish just announced theirs. Moon Palace. Feb 23 - 26. Tix go on sale next week.
https://www.jambase.com/article/phish-riviera-maya-mexico-2023

Bulldog

Quote from: atk1 on Jul 06, 2022, 04:05 PMPhish just announced theirs. Moon Palace. Feb 23 - 26. Tix go on sale next week.
https://www.jambase.com/article/phish-riviera-maya-mexico-2023

Got my fingers crossed for OBH to be announced soon then

atk1

FYI. CID is now Playa Luna Presents. The Phish package costs seem to have gone up about $75 or so per person, per day. Also, down payment is 5% (instead of 10%).

Jrbelger02

Still no word on OBH???

Cameron

I don't remember...what did the turnout end up looking like last year?

They seem to be promoting and posting about this upcoming leg more than any tour I've seen before. Makes me wonder if ticket sales are slow post Covid.

walterfredo

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 11, 2022, 03:15 PMMakes me wonder if ticket sales are slow post Covid.

I think absolutely ticket sales are slow post covid (mid-covid?), and across the board not MMJ specific. At this point so many fans have been burned by covid-related cancellations after flights, hotels, etc. have all been booked. I know I have been burned twice so far and have wasted a ton of money. Combine that with the insane costs of flights/hotels/rental cars/gas, impending recession fears...all of it. Ticket sales are down industry wide I think.

Cameron

Yeah, also ticket prices across the board are loony!

jimmyE

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 11, 2022, 04:31 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Aug 11, 2022, 03:15 PMMakes me wonder if ticket sales are slow post Covid.

I think absolutely ticket sales are slow post covid (mid-covid?), and across the board not MMJ specific. At this point so many fans have been burned by covid-related cancellations after flights, hotels, etc. have all been booked. I know I have been burned twice so far and have wasted a ton of money. Combine that with the insane costs of flights/hotels/rental cars/gas, impending recession fears...all of it. Ticket sales are down industry wide I think.

I've been surprised at the smaller crowds of recent MMJ shows, but most of the mid-year industry stats show ticket sales numbers exceeding 2019 numbers. But with so many more bands touring (and at higher ticket prices) there's way more competition. The industry really seems to be bouncing back, but it doesn't mean post-Covid ticket sales for every single band are back to 2019 numbers, unfortunately.

sillyboob

FYI the Dead's Playing In The Sand 2023 was announced today.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Bulldog

So am I wrong to be holding out any hope for this to be announced still at this point? It would be nice to be able to plan for this winter and if its not gonna happen that changes things considerably (as well as freeing up a ton of dough).

I keep thinking with the Dead just announcing a couple weeks ago that theres still hope, has anyone heard anything?

Zutroy

There is still some hope because Playing in the Sand was just announced and is being held in January whereas OBH would be early March. A friend looked at the hotel and saw the OBH dates still blocked out. So that's another positive.

The huge but though is that the concert ticket market is pretty soft overall because everyone is touring. And hotel and airfares are high because of inflation. Even the Phish event didn't sell out immediately. Put that all together and those are a lot of headwinds.

My guess is that there's like a 20-25% chance it is happening. Maybe a little less.

Cameron

I'd love if they pushed it back a couple months. Just works better with my schedule.