Poster Frames

Started by ranyart, Sep 30, 2022, 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranyart

I have a bunch of posters that are looking for frames but I'm not interested in spending a fortune to get them.  Do any of y'all have any recommendations for inexpensive but nice looking frames?

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: ranyart on Sep 30, 2022, 02:01 PMI have a bunch of posters that are looking for frames but I'm not interested in spending a fortune to get them.  Do any of y'all have any recommendations for inexpensive but nice looking frames?

I usually get mine at Michaels when they have a 70% off sale which they run a few times a year.

Still costs a tiny fortune but they do an amazing job :undecided:

Yeryl

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on Sep 30, 2022, 11:24 PM
Quote from: ranyart on Sep 30, 2022, 02:01 PMI have a bunch of posters that are looking for frames but I'm not interested in spending a fortune to get them.  Do any of y'all have any recommendations for inexpensive but nice looking frames?

I usually get mine at Michaels when they have a 70% off sale which they run a few times a year.

Still costs a tiny fortune but they do an amazing job :undecided:
I need to frame a few, also.  It would be awesome to find out in here that the sale is on, as a heads up - - if/when anyone thinks about it or remembers  :cheesy: :thumbsup:
Can't you see that I'm smiling?

walterfredo

I do all my framing myself. It's easier than you may think. I use all archival/acid free materials. Typical frame job may cost me $150ish but that's probably half of the cost of taking it to a quality frame shop. I'm talking single or double mat, anti-glare UV plexi, acid free mounting board, etc.

Michaels (and the like) products will ruin your shit over time. Acid free, UV is essential if you want your prints to last for years.

Edit: found this old thread where I provide more details, if you're interested...

http://forum.mymorningjacket.net/index.php/topic,18390.0.html

ranyart

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 01, 2022, 11:00 AMI do all my framing myself. It's easier than you may think. I use all archival/acid free materials. Typical frame job may cost me $150ish but that's probably half of the cost of taking it to a quality frame shop. I'm talking single or double mat, anti-glare UV plexi, acid free mounting board, etc.

Michaels (and the like) products will ruin your shit over time. Acid free, UV is essential if you want your prints to last for years.

Edit: found this old thread where I provide more details, if you're interested...

This is really good walterfredo and thanks for digging into it!  Hey mods how about pinning this on the Show Posters sub-board?

We went to see Nick Mason over this past weekend, which was amazingly good, and they were selling posters (nothing really special) for $75 each and they didn't even have tubes to keep them safe.  People were still buying them like hotcakes and they were almost sold out of all merch by the end of the show even though the venue was only about half full.

CC

Quote from: ranyart on Oct 03, 2022, 09:56 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 01, 2022, 11:00 AMI do all my framing myself. It's easier than you may think. I use all archival/acid free materials. Typical frame job may cost me $150ish but that's probably half of the cost of taking it to a quality frame shop. I'm talking single or double mat, anti-glare UV plexi, acid free mounting board, etc.

This is really good walterfredo and thanks for digging into it!  Hey mods how about pinning this on the Show Posters sub-board?

We went to see Nick Mason over this past weekend, which was amazingly good, and they were selling posters (nothing really special) for $75 each and they didn't even have tubes to keep them safe.  People were still buying them like hotcakes and they were almost sold out of all merch by the end of the show even though the venue was only about half full.

good idea. done