Live Vol 2: 11/5/21

Started by getinthevan, Aug 28, 2022, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

Quote from: Nikkogino on Oct 19, 2022, 10:28 AM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Oct 18, 2022, 12:07 PMGot the vinyl yesterday and blown away by the sound.  What a nice treat!
Is it way better than the bootleg (which I thought sounded great)?

very much so
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Cameron

Will this be streaming tomorrow because mine still hasn't shipped?

sillyboob

Quote from: Cameron on Oct 20, 2022, 11:13 AMWill this be streaming tomorrow because mine still hasn't shipped?

It *should* be downloadable / streamable tomorrow through Bandcamp.  I say should because JJ's recent re-release of Regions wasn't downloadable for a couple of days on Bandcamp, not until I bugged them on Twitter about it.  They had to reach out to the record label to get the files.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

walterfredo

Quote from: Cameron on Oct 18, 2022, 02:14 PMMine hasn't shipped yet :huh:

just now received shipping notification on mine. Better late than never!

getinthevan

Mine showed up with the corner smashed but I think the records themselves made it unscathed.  Hopefully ATO will help me out.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

Cameron

Fired it up at 6:30am. On Dondante now. Rocking out on the elliptical!

RobRoy286

Quote from: Nikkogino on Oct 19, 2022, 10:28 AM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Oct 18, 2022, 12:07 PMGot the vinyl yesterday and blown away by the sound.  What a nice treat!
Is it way better than the bootleg (which I thought sounded great)?
WAY better. Wow. Listening on Apple Music now.

MMJCOBRA

Transition from laylow to lowdown is pretty magical.

RobRoy286

This is such a great release, can't get enough.

Lonndown27

First ever official physical live release for PHONE, ROLLIN BACK, EASY MORNING REBEL, IAEF, HEADTBREAKIN MAN, HOLDIN ON TO BLACK METAL and MAGIC BULLET. mine showed up and I've had a great weekend blasting it. What a crazy setlist, a wide range of my favorites.

Gotta say....Rollin Back into Holdin on to black metal is one of the worst placements ever. Don't understand why that combination happened or why they sometimes try stuff THAT incompatible but it's because of Jim's crazy mind that we love and cherish.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 24, 2022, 03:25 PMFirst ever official physical live release for PHONE, ROLLIN BACK, EASY MORNING REBEL, IAEF, HEADTBREAKIN MAN, HOLDIN ON TO BLACK METAL and MAGIC BULLET. mine showed up and I've had a great weekend blasting it. What a crazy setlist, a wide range of my favorites.

Gotta say....Rollin Back into Holdin on to black metal is one of the worst placements ever. Don't understand why that combination happened or why they sometimes try stuff THAT incompatible but it's because of Jim's crazy mind that we love and cherish.

Ah cmon man, I loved Rollin Black!

sillyboob

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 24, 2022, 03:25 PMFirst ever official physical live release for PHONE, ROLLIN BACK, EASY MORNING REBEL, IAEF, HEADTBREAKIN MAN, HOLDIN ON TO BLACK METAL and MAGIC BULLET. mine showed up and I've had a great weekend blasting it. What a crazy setlist, a wide range of my favorites.

I don't know man, I listened to Rollin' Back into Black Metal this morning and it sounded tight to me.  Reminding the crowd the show ain't over yet!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Pineapple

I thought it was great placement... good juxtaposition of rocking and spacey songs
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

Lonndown27

It's such a good Rollin Back. For me you gotta have something that doesn't cut through as much as HOTBM following. Like you could go from RB into Heartbreakjn Man or It Beats 4 U and that makes sense.

Doesn't here for me.

All in all, 9.9/10....also, wish they put these out on CD too.
I have both, gorgeous packaging, everything looks stupendous, but would rather buy the cds too for my driving excursions. But oh well, I just need a few blank CDs then

Crazy....this is the first time MMJ have released a live version of the celestial jam PWW Oŕ Rollin Back.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 27, 2022, 11:35 AMIt's such a good Rollin Back. For me you gotta have something that doesn't cut through as much as HOTBM following. Like you could go from RB into Heartbreakjn Man or It Beats 4 U and that makes sense.

Doesn't here for me.

All in all, 9.9/10....also, wish they put these out on CD too.
I have both, gorgeous packaging, everything looks stupendous, but would rather buy the cds too for my driving excursions. But oh well, I just need a few blank CDs then

Crazy....this is the first time MMJ have released a live version of the celestial jam PWW Oŕ Rollin Back.
I mean besides Okonokos and some random radio/iTunes releases...what is there? Obviously there are the soundboards on Nugs but mannn I think I speak for all of us when I say I need more live Jacket releases! This Live series is promising so far. Hope it keeps up with high frequency.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Oct 27, 2022, 06:15 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 27, 2022, 11:35 AMCrazy....this is the first time MMJ have released a live version of the celestial jam PWW Oŕ Rollin Back.
I mean besides Okonokos and some random radio/iTunes releases...what is there? Obviously there are the soundboards on Nugs but mannn I think I speak for all of us when I say I need more live Jacket releases! This Live series is promising so far. Hope it keeps up with high frequency.

First ever official physical live release for PHONE, ROLLIN BACK, EASY MORNING REBEL, IAEF, HEADTBREAKIN MAN, HOLDIN ON TO BLACK METAL and MAGIC BULLET.

Official Live Releases

Accoustic Cituosa
MMJ Live Volume 1 2015
Okonokos
Celebracion de la Cuidad Natal (has a great PWW)

But yeah, MMJ Live Vol 2 filled a lot of song gaps within their live catalog. And what an all time show to pull from. Simply incredible.

Nikkogino

Quote from: MMJCOBRA on Oct 27, 2022, 07:26 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Oct 27, 2022, 06:15 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 27, 2022, 11:35 AMCrazy....this is the first time MMJ have released a live version of the celestial jam PWW Oŕ Rollin Back.

First ever official physical live release for PHONE, ROLLIN BACK, EASY MORNING REBEL, IAEF, HEADTBREAKIN MAN, HOLDIN ON TO BLACK METAL and MAGIC BULLET.

Official Live Releases

Accoustic Cituosa
MMJ Live Volume 1 2015
Okonokos
Celebracion de la Cuidad Natal (has a great PWW)

But yeah, MMJ Live Vol 2 filled a lot of song gaps within their live catalog. And what an all time show to pull from. Simply incredible.

You forgot the live from RCA studio A.

RobRoy286

Love that we got RCA Studios, Live Vol 2, and now Circuital deluxe in such a short timeframe. And a 2023 show announced. It's so great that the hiatus did them well. Exciting times!

Pineapple

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Nov 03, 2022, 10:25 AMLove that we got RCA Studios, Live Vol 2, and now Circuital deluxe in such a short timeframe. And a 2023 show announced. It's so great that the hiatus did them well. Exciting times!

Live Vol 3 will be out next year, and it will be a doozy.
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

ericm

Quote from: Pineapple on Nov 03, 2022, 11:19 AM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Nov 03, 2022, 10:25 AMLove that we got RCA Studios, Live Vol 2, and now Circuital deluxe in such a short timeframe. And a 2023 show announced. It's so great that the hiatus did them well. Exciting times!

Live Vol 3 will be out next year, and it will be a doozy.

Is it crazy to still be holding out hope for a Beacon release? Anything from that run would be a real doozy!  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"