What Are YOU Hoping For With The Next Album?

Started by sweatboard, Oct 16, 2022, 06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Go Big Or Go Home  :bath:

1. Double Album
2. Concept Album
3. Syncs To The Movie "Coming To America" starring Arsenio Hall
4. Gold and Black Splattered Vinyl.....Real Gold
5. Duets

Yeah!
There's Still Time.........

Come Closer

My wish for like 3 albums now has been let Carl write and sing some. Would love to hear the results of him being Robin. So yeah I'm going big because it's never gonna happen.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Come Closer on Oct 17, 2022, 03:01 AMMy wish for like 3 albums now has been let Carl write and sing some. Would love to hear the results of him being Robin. So yeah I'm going big because it's never gonna happen.
This right here! Would be cool with at least one Carl track on the next one! At least play more of his tracks live. A full Jacket version of 4th of July, plz and thx.

Clarkwork

For there to be one and thankful when there is
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

sillyboob

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 16, 2022, 06:32 PMGo Big Or Go Home  :bath:

1. Double Album
2. Concept Album
3. Syncs To The Movie "Coming To America" starring Arsenio Hall
4. Gold and Black Splattered Vinyl.....Real Gold
5. Duets

Yeah!

It definitely needs to sync with "Coming To America".
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lucius

Quote from: Clarkwork on Oct 18, 2022, 12:06 PMFor there to be one and thankful when there is

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But if I got to choose I'd say maybe a new disco/funky/more dance orientated groove or two. Obviously nothing EDM - but you guys know what I mean! Some stuff along the lines of Touch Me 2, Cobra etc... something you can shake your booty to a little bit at shows.

My "go for broke" option - a studio recording of that awesome version of Tonight I Want to Celebrate With You from recent years. They've not been shy about re-recording old rare stuff in the past so why not!
it wouldn't be a party without you

davymac

Quote from: Come Closer on Oct 17, 2022, 03:01 AMMy wish for like 3 albums now has been let Carl write and sing some. Would love to hear the results of him being Robin. So yeah I'm going big because it's never gonna happen.

If I have any wishes for a new album that would be it right there

Lucius

OH ALSO a European tour pppppllllleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeeee

sweatboard

You people are Beautiful has anyone ever told you that?  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3  <3

Carl & Bo were destined to be in this band......it was in fact written in the stars

sweatboard

I talked to Bo......he said they were working on syncing it. 

sweatboard

Hennings

Quote from: sweatboard on Nov 07, 2022, 04:48 AMI talked to Bo......he said they were working on syncing it. 

What is syncing?

sweatboard

Quote from: Hennings on Nov 08, 2022, 08:35 PM
Quote from: sweatboard on Nov 07, 2022, 04:48 AMI talked to Bo......he said they were working on syncing it. 

What is syncing?

Here you go...like THIS.but with "Coming To America" ans duets....

https://youtu.be/bBamIi0tIRg

Hennings

Quote from: sweatboard on Nov 10, 2022, 05:11 AM
Quote from: Hennings on Nov 08, 2022, 08:35 PM

What is syncing?

Here you go...like THIS.but with "Coming To America" ans duets....

https://youtu.be/bBamIi0tIRg

Sorry, I thought we were really talking about the record.

Lonndown27

A true double album but also one where they are actually capturing the live sound.
For me, thats either them recording it live in front of a select audience of 1,000 of us in Louisville or actually stretch the songs or beef them up as they would live.
I think a double LP, something like 18 songs, would be a chance for them to rise to the occasion as well as giving Carl at least two songs, maybe a cool instrumental soundscape from Bo, something like A Warm Place by NIN, a prospective intro for concerts???

I feel I'm just really beginning to understand the new album and that's from the songs being played live. Love Love Love is awful on record. Live, it's more of a burner with that solo.
Least Expected is better live too.

A double album could also be bad, with perhaps 3 or 4 filler songs that make you wonder why.
The band must let it happen, whatever muse it is.

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

sillyboob

I like the idea of some Bo soundscapes as short interludes on the new album.  A Carl song or two would be cool as well.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lucius

Thinking about this again today. I'd really love something that contrasts "Self Titled", which is quite a happy, bouncing fun album musically. It sits alongside more joyous sounding Jacket stuff like Off The Record, Spring, Mahgeetah etc really well. It's a "daytime" sounding album, if that makes sense?

Now I'd like the switch to be flipped again. Bring back some Victory Dance, Master Plan, Touch Me Part 2 vibes. Something a little bit darker, let that more moody rockin' version of Jacket loose again. Something that sounds more "nighttime". 

Also another hand up for "it should sound more like a band album" because I don't listen to self titled, really. I listen to tapings from the last two years instead; because the songs just feel more fully formed. 

ChiefOKONO

Love all of your ideas folks!

More jams, more experimentation, of course a double album would be nice or at least release the demos of the songs that didn't make the final cut.

jttouch2

Quote from: sillyboob on Nov 17, 2022, 04:11 PMI like the idea of some Bo soundscapes as short interludes on the new album.  A Carl song or two would be cool as well.

100% on getting a Carl song into the official MMJ catalog. he is such a strong writer

ranyart

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Nov 17, 2022, 02:51 AMA true double album but also one where they are actually capturing the live sound.
For me, thats either them recording it live in front of a select audience of 1,000 of us in Louisville or actually stretch the songs or beef them up as they would live.

That would be fun!  :beer: