One Big Family

Started by MMJTX, Feb 06, 2023, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Been here since 2006!

Gigshotz1

Forgot about this place. MMJ is more family to me than my own much of the time.  At least my daughter has become a part of the Family  :shocked:

sillyboob

I'm here for the long haul (even if I was late to the game, getting on here around 2013 or 2014).  This place has introduced me to so many great people.  I just wish it was easier to post pictures here.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ericm

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 14, 2023, 09:15 AMI'm here for the long haul (even if I was late to the game, getting on here around 2013 or 2014).  This place has introduced me to so many great people.  I just wish it was easier to post pictures here.

We need Yac to drop back by and show us how again. He posted the way to do it years ago but it's no doubt deep in the archives somewhere.

I'll see if I can find it and repost his instructions.
"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

Quote from: ericm on Feb 14, 2023, 11:23 AM
Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 14, 2023, 09:15 AMI'm here for the long haul (even if I was late to the game, getting on here around 2013 or 2014).  This place has introduced me to so many great people.  I just wish it was easier to post pictures here.

We need Yac to drop back by and show us how again. He posted the way to do it years ago but it's no doubt deep in the archives somewhere.

Quote from: ericm on Feb 14, 2023, 11:23 AM

Hi Eric!!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

tdb810

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 11, 2023, 03:52 PMBeen here since 2006!

Woohooo! I think I finally joined in 2007...I remember being super nervous to post anything! Felt so vulnerable back then, before we all start posting everything, everywhere!

APR

I'm here as long as it's around.  I would like to echo other posts above..... I've met great people, gotten tips and recommendations about other awesome bands, read some great conversations, got links to interviews/articles I would have other wise missed......... the list of positives goes on and on. 

ericm

Hi Trish!! :beer:

It's thanks to this great place I met you and Bob years ago and we got to spend so many good times together. Those memories are priceless and I'm looking forward to making many more.  :thumbsup:

Hi to Bob as well.
"Where's Jim going?"

tdb810

Quote from: ericm on Feb 14, 2023, 01:16 PMHi Trish!! :beer:

It's thanks to this great place I met you and Bob years ago and we got to spend so many good times together. Those memories are priceless and I'm looking forward to making many more.  :thumbsup:

Hi to Bob as well.

The BEST times! We were just recounting the story of the day we met in VT! Looking forward to seeing you on the road again!

ericm

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 14, 2023, 03:02 PM

Hi to Bob as well.

The BEST times! We were just recounting the story of the day we met in VT! Looking forward to seeing you on the road again!

Oh man that's a classic. Remember the parking lot Guy on the golf cart who wouldn't let us drink in the lot? We all ended up piling into your car and boozing it up. Lol

First time I met Johnny too. We were walking around and he asks me if I thought it was ok if he smoked and I said Yac we're outside, nobody is going to care. Here I am thinking he's talking about a Marlboro until he breaks out a joint, and I just cracked up.

We could write a Forum get together coffee table book! Liner notes would be Ms. Yvonne and her hand written set lists and comments? I've got one in my signature.  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Hey Forum gang! Long time, no posts. I hope everyone is doing well so far in 2023. This new One Big Family thing is a positive sign that the band remains active, touring lightly, and putting in some studio time. Still, I prefer this Forum and Roll Call as a fan club. Shout out to folks like Garrett Miller who established the One Big Family moniker. Like naming the previous fan club Roll Call, using OBF suggests they're still listening to fans (and stealing our ideas... MMJ oval sticker, anyone?).

I miss the Forum and the people who keep it going. Ever since my near-death surgery in 2014, I've spent less time online, but I do visit the Forum from time to time, more as a lurker these days.

Hello to Eric, Trish, Walter, John, ChiefOKONO, Ian, LBSUNFLWR, Mike, sillyboob, and everyone else visiting the Forum. I miss you all, here and at shows. Hopefully, something new gets announced soon. Love to all!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

sillyboob

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 17, 2023, 06:11 PMHey Forum gang! Long time, no posts. I hope everyone is doing well so far in 2023. This new One Big Family thing is a positive sign that the band remains active, touring lightly, and putting in some studio time. Still, I prefer this Forum and Roll Call as a fan club. Shout out to folks like Garrett Miller who established the One Big Family moniker. Like naming the previous fan club Roll Call, using OBF suggests they're still listening to fans (and stealing our ideas... MMJ oval sticker, anyone?).

I miss the Forum and the people who keep it going. Ever since my near-death surgery in 2014, I've spent less time online, but I do visit the Forum from time to time, more as a lurker these days.

Hello to Eric, Trish, Walter, John, ChiefOKONO, Ian, LBSUNFLWR, Mike, sillyboob, and everyone else visiting the Forum. I miss you all, here and at shows. Hopefully, something new gets announced soon. Love to all!

Always happy to see you here johnnYYac!!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

searchinbig

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 17, 2023, 06:11 PMHey Forum gang! Long time, no posts. I hope everyone is doing well so far in 2023. This new One Big Family thing is a positive sign that the band remains active, touring lightly, and putting in some studio time. Still, I prefer this Forum and Roll Call as a fan club. Shout out to folks like Garrett Miller who established the One Big Family moniker. Like naming the previous fan club Roll Call, using OBF suggests they're still listening to fans (and stealing our ideas... MMJ oval sticker, anyone?).

Good to read your post John. Hope you are feeling well!  :beer:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ericm

Hey John, good to see you here. Still got a couple of my MMJ oval stickers prominently placed (though not on my bumper  :grin: ).

Hope all is well and looking forward to the next time we can rock some more shows together. We've had a few for sure and when I think about them I think well that one was the best. Then another pops in my head and I think no that one was and on and on....

Glad we got to kick it off back in the day at Essex Jct and great Roll Calls. Here's to keeping that rocking forward.  :beer: 

Be well and see you further on up the road and hopefully here a bit more often too. :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

ChiefOKONO

Good to see you here, take care man!!  Keep on postin' when you can!

tdb810

Quote from: ericm on Feb 14, 2023, 05:13 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 14, 2023, 03:02 PM

Hi to Bob as well.

Oh man that's a classic. Remember the parking lot Guy on the golf cart who wouldn't let us drink in the lot? We all ended up piling into your car and boozing it up. Lol

First time I met Johnny too. We were walking around and he asks me if I thought it was ok if he smoked and I said Yac we're outside, nobody is going to care. Here I am thinking he's talking about a Marlboro until he breaks out a joint, and I just cracked up.

We could write a Forum get together coffee table book! Liner notes would be Ms. Yvonne and her hand written set lists and comments? I've got one in my signature.  :wink:

YES, Forum Faithful Coffee Table book!  That Essex Jct show still stands out for Bob and me as one of the most special! The whole vibe that day and night (except the SUPER STRICT Security) was just so wonderful.  I mean strict!  We were literally jammed into the car trying to sneak swigs of booze!  The beer garden at that venue kind of made up for it though!
Good to see you YAC ATTACK! Love you guys...NOW, when are we getting some dates dropped???

Lonndown27

THIS IS THE PLACE. It may say I joined in 2013 or 2014, but I've been a member in some capacity since 2008!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018