Live Vol 2: 11/5/21

Started by getinthevan, Aug 28, 2022, 02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pineapple

Quote from: ericm on Nov 03, 2022, 12:43 PM
Quote from: Pineapple on Nov 03, 2022, 11:19 AM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Nov 03, 2022, 10:25 AMLove that we got RCA Studios, Live Vol 2, and now Circuital deluxe in such a short timeframe. And a 2023 show announced. It's so great that the hiatus did them well. Exciting times!

Live Vol 3 will be out next year, and it will be a doozy.

Is it crazy to still be holding out hope for a Beacon release? Anything from that run would be a real doozy!  :thumbsup:

It's not the Beacon shows for Vol 3 but it's not crazy at all to hold onto hope that they will be on future volumes!
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

MMJTX

Quote from: Pineapple on Nov 03, 2022, 01:55 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Nov 03, 2022, 10:25 AMLove that we got RCA Studios, Live Vol 2, and now Circuital deluxe in such a short timeframe. And a 2023 show announced. It's so great that the hiatus did them well. Exciting times!

Is it crazy to still be holding out hope for a Beacon release? Anything from that run would be a real doozy!  :thumbsup:

It's not the Beacon shows for Vol 3 but it's not crazy at all to hold onto hope that they will be on future volumes!

WHAT IS IT???  I can only assume it's One Big Holiday 2018, full discography live on vinyl.  :wink:  :wink:
Anytime

ChiefOKONO

Thank you so much for posting about the RCA sessions!  Somehow I missed that one!!!

Nikkogino

Quote from: Pineapple on Nov 03, 2022, 01:55 PM

I really hope the band realizes how much we want one of the TTF shows released.  The way they improved those songs live needs to be memorialized on vinyl.

Lucius

Just today realising what a great show Chicago N2 was. Listened to it in full for the first time today and damn, the flow of it all. I usually jump between shows on Relisten creating my own "sets" so I've only ever bounced around these 3 shows.

It's funny because "on paper" I'd 100% choose nights 1/3 over this but holy s### they were on fire weren't they :shocked:
it wouldn't be a party without you

Lonndown27

How could you pick night 1 or 3 over 11/5/21??? Look at that set list. It's a dream set list for me. I've been fortunate enough to see 99.9% of those songs but never all in one go, and am still yet to see Rollin Back and If All Else Fails live. 
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 06, 2023, 05:31 PMHow could you pick night 1 or 3 over 11/5/21??? Look at that set list. It's a dream set list for me. I've been fortunate enough to see 99.9% of those songs but never all in one go, and am still yet to see Rollin Back and If All Else Fails live. 

It's splitting hairs as all three nights were fantastic but being there, night one was my favorite.

That said I bought the vinyl of 11/5 and have spun it many times already. No complaints from me no matter what night they chose and just glad they released one of 'em.

Now if we could only get the Cap theater TTF show from 19 for the next release it'd be another Live series Home Run.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

I definitely would've preferred night 1

Come Closer

Having the sbd of the OBH TTF performance is good enough for me. It's as good or arguably even better than the Cap. I'd much rather see any number of other gigs get the nod.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Come Closer on Mar 07, 2023, 11:28 AMHaving the sbd of the OBH TTF performance is good enough for me. It's as good or arguably even better than the Cap. I'd much rather see any number of other gigs get the nod.

That's why we're so fortunate not only for MMJ to play that album in full, but for them to release.the recordings. I'm a fan of the sparse lofi studio recording of the TTF but had always wondered what a current,  full band rendition would sound like.

I have several friends who are huge Radiohead fans and we've had frequent late night discussions of what Pablo Honey would sound like live today.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Come Closer on Mar 07, 2023, 11:28 AMHaving the sbd of the OBH TTF performance is good enough for me. It's as good or arguably even better than the Cap. I'd much rather see any number of other gigs get the nod.
Gotta disagree with ya here, I think the Cap show was way better. Longer jams and also the encore!

Lucius

Capitol ttf show sounds like it was 100% one of those "something in the air" nights for the band. I feel like they started off with a bit more fire maybe with the OBH show, but Capitol definitely has stronger jams and the band overall sound tighter and the crowd sounds more "present". (I'm sure the soundboard OBH is great but the taping I've heard has a lot of crowd talking which always takes me out of it)
it wouldn't be a party without you

APR

Quote from: Lucius on Mar 09, 2023, 11:44 AMCapitol ttf show sounds like it was 100% one of those "something in the air" nights for the band. I feel like they started off with a bit more fire maybe with the OBH show, but Capitol definitely has stronger jams and the band overall sound tighter and the crowd sounds more "present". (I'm sure the soundboard OBH is great but the taping I've heard has a lot of crowd talking which always takes me out of it)

The crowd was filled with serious fans that knew the lyrics to the less popular songs too.  It was quite a vibe and show.  One of my favorite Jacket shows ever.  The OBH soundboard is great, and I'm glad we have that.  An official release of the PC TTF show would be awesome though.

ericm

Quote from: APR on Mar 09, 2023, 01:11 PM
Quote from: Lucius on Mar 09, 2023, 11:44 AMCapitol ttf show sounds like it was 100% one of those "something in the air" nights for the band. I feel like they started off with a bit more fire maybe with the OBH show, but Capitol definitely has stronger jams and the band overall sound tighter and the crowd sounds more "present". (I'm sure the soundboard OBH is great but the taping I've heard has a lot of crowd talking which always takes me out of it)

The crowd was filled with serious fans that knew the lyrics to the less popular songs too.  It was quite a vibe and show.  One of my favorite Jacket shows ever.  The OBH soundboard is great, and I'm glad we have that.  An official release of the PC TTF show would be awesome though.

Couldn't agree more with you guys and right there with both of you on this show. It's at the top of my Live Series wish list.
"Where's Jim going?"

RobRoy286

Would love a release of Red Rocks 2016 night 1. Would be worth it for that Picture of You alone.

MMJTX

Anytime

MMJTX

BONNAROOO 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anytime