Crowd size at 2003 shows

Started by thebigbang, May 08, 2003, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigbang

The Toronto concert review by ChartAttack said they had an unexpectedly large crowd.  I'd love to know how the band is drawing on this tour since I was considering road tripping and need to know if the venues are filling up and early arrivals are necessary to get in.

Anyone who has made it to a show, I'd appreciate hearing from you about the size of the clubs and whether they are reaching capacity.

Thank you in advance.  And tell us if the crowds are showing the love appropriately!
Just a Heartbreakin' Man, doing a Victory Dance with Shaky Knees, along a Bermuda Highway

David Anthony

Caught'em in Philly at the Theatre of Living Arts which holds about 900 people.  There weren't even 300 people in there, but those of us there showed "the appropriate love", except for the morons who kept calling out for Black Sabbath.  I like Sabbath, but I HATE when people do that.  Let'em play what they want ta play.  If they ask ya, then shout out what you want to hear.  I don't think you should have any trouble gettin' tickets this year(i was front row and i didn't get there until 10 p.m. for a show that was supposed to start at 9.  Hope this helps ya.  Peace.

D.A.

danilove

Dude-
I'd be careful...If you're plannin' to make a long haul you might consider buying tickets on the web in advance, especially if the band can hook you up with a better price break (see the news page). I went to the NYC show in early February at the Mercury Lounge and it sold out before 7pm...Plus, I think the Theatre of the Living Arts (cap. 900) is a special case; I'm sure most of MMJ current venues hold no more than 300-600.

Anyway...Just lookin' out for you. Believe me, I know how tragic it can be to miss a MMJ show when you've made a great effort to be there.  :P Anywho.

Rock on and out! 8)
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

peanut butter puddin surprise

Anyway...Just lookin' out for you. Believe me, I know how tragic it can be to miss a MMJ show when you've made a great effort to be there.  :P Anywho.

Rock on and out! 8)

Now Dani, whatever could you be referring to?  ;)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there