Main Menu

#1 favorite song

Started by whothrewthecake, Jan 15, 2007, 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

BUMP!!!  :)

...............................................................................................................

I'm making my Mum a mixtape for her 64th birthday...3 actually, 28 Elvis songs on one CD (Suspicious Minds), 18 tracks by my fav male artists & 18 by my fav female artists...

Crazy (Patsy Cline) is still there, so is We Have All The Time In the World (Louis Armstrong) & so is Into The Mystic (Van Morrison)...It Was A Very Good Year (Frank)

But I need to add publicly that This Bitter Earth (Dinah Washington) & The Other Women (Nina Simone) have been well & truly added to the list of contenders!

You've got to go with the classics...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

Say A Little Prayer by Aretha...that's another!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

purvis9876

QuoteBUMP!!!  :)

...............................................................................................................

I'm making my Mum a mixtape for her 64th birthday...3 actually, 28 Elvis songs on one CD (Suspicious Minds), 18 tracks by my fav male artists & 18 by my fav female artists...

Crazy (Patsy Cline) is still there, so is We Have All The Time In the World (Louis Armstrong) & so is Into The Mystic (Van Morrison)...It Was A Very Good Year (Frank)

But I need to add publicly that This Bitter Earth (Dinah Washington) & The Other Women (Nina Simone) have been well & truly added to the list of contenders!

You've got to go with the classics...

Nice bump!

Hmm, I'll base my decision, like someone said earlier in the thread, as if I was on a deserted island; for the replay value.

Either, La Villa Strangiato by Rush or Where to Begin
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

dragonboy

QuoteWhere to Begin
Nothing wrong with that choice  :)

TheBigChicken

SRV   Tin Pan Alley   8-)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Love Dogg

Can't You See by the Marshall Tucker Band.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

pawpaw

I Second That Emotion - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles

Honorable Mention:

Trenchtown Rock - Bob Marley & the Wailers
Loving Cup - Rolling Stones
What A Day That Was - Talking Heads (Stop Making Sense Version)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ms. yvon

there are some fab songs in this list!

gonna have to go with:

ray charles:  come rain or come shine

or

sam cooke:  having a party
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Penny Lane

my all time favorite song is "It makes no difference" ---no matter what, when i hear this song i get a tear in my eye---because of personal reasons and because it's the most beautiful sad song ever written (and sad songs are SO much better than happy songs)

bittersweet symphony and the OSU song are probably next on the list
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ycartrob

QuoteCan't You See by the Marshall Tucker Band.

wow, I had one of my first clean "out of body experiences" to this song right after I got out of rehab in 1989. In a boathouse in Gloucester, MA on an unusually warm February day. WBCN Boston. This song was playing loud and my mind reached a certain clarity that was calming.

Penny Lane

QuoteCan't You See by the Marshall Tucker Band.

wow, I had one of my first clean "out of body experiences" to this song right after I got out of rehab in 1989. In a boathouse in Gloucester, MA on an unusually warm February day. WBCN Boston. This song was playing loud and my mind reached a certain clarity that was calming.

wow sober 20 years almost! congrats :D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bowl of soup

Is Lord, I'm Discouraged by the Hold Steady too new for consideration.  It's my current #1 anyway.

O.K. - Gigantic by the Pixies.  I know I'm supposed to pick something deep and moving and not a song about having sex with a black dude, but what can I say?  Best bass line ever, silly screaming by Black/Frank/Charles, loud crunchy guitars, and about 3 minutes long at best.  Is there anything better?
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

capt. scotty

This is an impossible question, but for lack of me thinking about it and this just popping into my head, ill go with:

Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Grateful Chabo

i feel like this answer changes everyday for me but for now i will say rolling stones - dead flowers
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."

sweatboard

QuoteIs Lord, I'm Discouraged by the Hold Steady too new for consideration.  It's my current #1 anyway.

O.K. - Gigantic by the Pixies.  I know I'm supposed to pick something deep and moving and not a song about having sex with a black dude, but what can I say?  Best bass line ever, silly screaming by Black/Frank/Charles, loud crunchy guitars, and about 3 minutes long at best.  Is there anything better?

Yep, Sex with a Black Dude.  :(..................
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

red

QuoteEasy - Here Comes the Sun.  

Chalk another up for George..
I still stand by this statement.  I think it's been my favourite song for about 12 years.  

sweatboard

QuoteEasy - Here Comes the Sun.  

Chalk another up for George..
I still stand by this statement.  I think it's been my favourite song for about 12 years.  

I remember waking up to this song at Tracy's house one day and it hit me pretty hard.  I also closed my last mix tape with it.

bowl of soup

QuoteIs Lord, I'm Discouraged by the Hold Steady too new for consideration.  It's my current #1 anyway.

Yep, Sex with a Black Dude.  :(..................

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.