Main Menu

Phosphorescent

Started by Murph, Jan 12, 2011, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

I actually liked that it was just Houck on guitar, although I do wish they played Ride On/Right On, and A Charm/A Blade. Wish I told him that!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angelo

Just got tix a few days ago to see him in Newtown, CT. It looks like a small theater he playing in and I managed to get a couple of front row seats. I can't wait to see him but I'm a little disappointed at the brevity of the setlist (at least on paper/monitor).

capt. scotty

Quote from: Angelo on Mar 28, 2013, 09:05 PM
Just got tix a few days ago to see him in Newtown, CT. It looks like a small theater he playing in and I managed to get a couple of front row seats. I can't wait to see him but I'm a little disappointed at the brevity of the setlist (at least on paper/monitor).

Looking back at the set, it really felt much longer than that, but what I posted is correct (sans song I wasnt sure of). Take that for what its worth. Show was supposed to start at 8pm, opener Strand of Oaks literally walked out at 8:01 and was off at 8:44. I dont recall when exactly Phossy started, but he couldnt have played much over an hour. I got home just after 11pm , so based on driving/chill time/post show talking I think an hour set is about right. Maybe this venue runs a tight ship though.

Ive become a newfound Strand of Oaks fan as I started listening since he/they were the opener, and dont miss it. Certainly made me not even second guess Phossy's set (length), or Phosphorescent if youre not into the whole brevity thing  :wink:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Angelo

Quote from: capt. scotty on Mar 28, 2013, 09:40 PM
Quote from: Angelo on Mar 28, 2013, 09:05 PM

Looking back at the set, it really felt much longer than that, but what I posted is correct (sans song I wasnt sure of). Take that for what its worth. Show was supposed to start at 8pm, opener Strand of Oaks literally walked out at 8:01 and was off at 8:44. I dont recall when exactly Phossy started, but he couldnt have played much over an hour. I got home just after 11pm , so based on driving/chill time/post show talking I think an hour set is about right. Maybe this venue runs a tight ship though.

Ive become a newfound Strand of Oaks fan as I started listening since he/they were the opener, and dont miss it. Certainly made me not even second guess Phossy's set (length), or Phosphorescent if youre not into the whole brevity thing  :wink:
Definitely good to hear scotty. There's no mention of Strand of Oaks opening for this show on either artist's website, bummer. This show has a strange feel to it though, like I said, I got front row seats early this week and the show's been on sale for a while. I can't believe they were still available. Also, on my Jambase app, this show isn't even listed.

Did you get a chance to look at the merch table? Anything decent?

LBSUNFLWR

Last night was fantastic. I didn't keep track of setlist. But people gave some requests and he said "why not?" a few times and played those requests. Smallest venue I have ever seen a show in ever!! And despite the huge game going on in the bar in the room next door, there were probably 150 people watching the show. Capacity at The Bishop is 200!! How incredible they played there.

I was so close that my legs were touching the stage during Phosphorescent's set, and they were on from 10:30-midnight!! The band was excellent, drummer especially, and the 2 keyboard players.

What a night!! Well worth the 4 hours of sleep I got before work today.

Strand of Oaks were great too. Just 2 guys, drums and guitar and it never felt it was lacking anything to me.

As for merch: cd's, vinyl and 3-4 Phosphorescent tshirts. one with Muchahco album cover on a white shirt. $20 I think.

If anybody finds a setlist and can post it that'd be excellent!! Thank you! :)

LBSUNFLWR

This must be from soundcheck, but you can see how small the room is!

Angelo

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Mar 29, 2013, 09:56 AM
Last night was fantastic. I didn't keep track of setlist. But people gave some requests and he said "why not?" a few times and played those requests. Smallest venue I have ever seen a show in ever!! And despite the huge game going on in the bar in the room next door, there were probably 150 people watching the show. Capacity at The Bishop is 200!! How incredible they played there.

I was so close that my legs were touching the stage during Phosphorescent's set, and they were on from 10:30-midnight!! The band was excellent, drummer especially, and the 2 keyboard players.

What a night!! Well worth the 4 hours of sleep I got before work today.

Strand of Oaks were great too. Just 2 guys, drums and guitar and it never felt it was lacking anything to me.

As for merch: cd's, vinyl and 3-4 Phosphorescent tshirts. one with Muchahco album cover on a white shirt. $20 I think.

If anybody finds a setlist and can post it that'd be excellent!! Thank you! :)
Cool, thanks for the intel LB!  :thumbsup:

Fully

I just wanted to mention that the new album is on sale this month at Amazon for $5. Mp3 only.

LBSUNFLWR

Best $5 you'll ever spend for anyone who doesn't have it!!  :thumbsup:

johnnYYac

Phosphorescent added to Friday's lineup at Newport Folk Festival!  Sweet.  :thumbsup:

by the way, Friday tix are still available; all other tix sold out!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jon T.

this song reminds me of coming down off drugs while smoking cigarettes and walking around a dirty apartment trying to figure your life out.  Not that I've ever done that, but if I did, I'd put this on repeat.   :grin:

http://youtu.be/oHMep5P7eTo

LiveatETH

Hey all- My name is Hayden Bates and I am the promoter for the Phosphorescent show at the Edmond Town Hall in Newtown, CT on April 19th. This is a special benefit show for the theater. Over the past few years, I have promoted this "Live at the Edmond Town Hall" series, bringing in The Low Anthem, The Bill Frisell and Sam Amidon Duo, and Brown Bird. All proceeds go to restoring/renovating the Edmond.  The place was built in 1929, and while incredibly beautiful, needs a little TLC.  To date, this series has raised a considerable sum, and this Phossy show will be the first to show-off the Edmond's brand new, state-of-the-art PA system. I'm presently fundraising for a Bluray projector system, a new screen, a new lighting system, and much, much more. Come on out, see a great show, and support a great cause.

To join my mailing list, check us out on Facebook, and buy tickets, hit it here: www.edmondtownhall.org

Cheers,
Hayden

bluesky

just back from the sf show. talked to Tim from strands of oaks beforehand; such a nice guy and incredible voice. told him how i knew Ghost. We were talking about the tour and he said every time he's in St  Louis he sees someone from our forum ~ Crispy?

Phosphorescent put on a great show, can't remember if there were two keyboardist a few years back, so good with two.

meet some folks from Santa Cruz, one big MMJ fan. hopefully have converted him to come to the forum.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: bluesky on Apr 07, 2013, 04:12 AM
just back from the sf show. talked to Tim from strands of oaks beforehand; such a nice guy and incredible voice. told him how i knew Ghost. We were talking about the tour and he said every time he's in St  Louis he sees someone from our forum ~ Crispy?

Phosphorescent put on a great show, can't remember if there were two keyboardist a few years back, so good with two.

meet some folks from Santa Cruz, one big MMJ fan. hopefully have converted him to come to the forum.

He was probably talking about BH.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

bluesky

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Apr 07, 2013, 10:59 AM

ah...never knew where BH was from.   edit: don't tell Chris but i've never looked where Stillwater is at on a map

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: bluesky on Apr 07, 2013, 11:36 AM

ah...never knew where BH was from.   edit: don't tell Chris but i've never looked where Stillwater is at on a map

Yeah, I'm pretty sure BH drunkenly tells Tim to turn Alex Kona into a Death Metal song everytime he rolls through the STL.  :grin:
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Crispy

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Apr 07, 2013, 12:12 PM
Quote from: bluesky on Apr 07, 2013, 11:36 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure BH drunkenly tells Tim to turn Alex Kona into a Death Metal song everytime he rolls through the STL.  :grin:

Ha! Tim has yet to roll through the STW, or even the OK as far as I know. I wish he would! If he ever does, I'm going to hit him with that Alex Kona death metal thing.

Shame on you Val! You're not the only one who's never looked close at flyover country on a map, though. But yeah, I'm only an easy 8 hour drive from St. Louis, so I should be getting up there to see shows with BH.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Fully

An easy 8hr drive- it's obvious you live in OK.  ;)

BH

Yeah, that would be me.    :smiley:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.