Main Menu

Wilco: The Thread

Started by johnnYYac, Apr 21, 2011, 11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: beardedwonder on Feb 01, 2016, 02:22 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Feb 01, 2016, 11:31 AM
hey beardedwonder,

what was the structure of the show? a buddy was telling me they so Star Wars front to back, finish off the set electric and then do encores acoustic.

Precisely, for the show I attended (2nd night). However, looking at the 1st nights set they did not include an acoustic set.

It really was 2 shows in 1 with this format.

love it. Thanks!
Don't you ever turn it off

beardedwonder

"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

ALady

3rd row pit for the Pritzker  :cool: didn't think we stood a chance against all the local stans!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

dookie shoot bandit

radiatortunes

Quote from: ALady on Feb 25, 2016, 06:06 PM
3rd row pit for the Pritzker  :cool: didn't think we stood a chance against all the local stans!

Nice! Didn't pull anything close to pit via presales/reg sale.

ditty

I was shut out on both presales, but snagged a lower center pair at the onsale
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

ALady

Quote from: radiatortunes on Feb 26, 2016, 06:34 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 25, 2016, 06:06 PM

Nice! Didn't pull anything close to pit via presales/reg sale.

Thanks! I've had really shitty ticket luck this spring, so I was pleasantly surprised. Of course I lucked out with the band I can see any old time  :rolleyes: but still.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

dmooney99

anyone interested in going to the show in philly on Sat. at the Mann for free?  A friend of mine can't make it so he just gave them to me (I offered to pay him, but he said no it's cool).  They're seated tix, not sure exactly where but pretty sure not in the balcony and def. not in the lawn.

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

gcanini

I'm an on and off fan of Wilco. I'm really getting into the Kicking Television/Ghost is Born phase right now. Anyone have any good live show suggestions?
The criminals who never break the law

sillyboob

So with Kicking Television, you have probably the best recording of that timeframe.  OI just gave a quick listen to the bootlegs I have, and from that period I'd suggest are from Italy 2004 and Montreal 2005, not sure of the venues here.  I also recommend tracking down their 5 night no repeat sets in Chicago, February 2008.  Wilco has some great stuff floating around out there on the internets.  The engineering demos of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot are interesting to hear.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

gcanini

Quote from: sillyboob on Jul 23, 2016, 11:06 AM
So with Kicking Television, you have probably the best recording of that timeframe.  OI just gave a quick listen to the bootlegs I have, and from that period I'd suggest are from Italy 2004 and Montreal 2005, not sure of the venues here.  I also recommend tracking down their 5 night no repeat sets in Chicago, February 2008.  Wilco has some great stuff floating around out there on the internets.  The engineering demos of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot are interesting to hear.

Cool thanks
The criminals who never break the law

LBSUNFLWR

WILCO ON THE STEPHEN COLBERT SHOW TONIGHT ON CBS!!
11:35 EASTERN TIME

bartel

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Sep 21, 2016, 03:56 PM
WILCO ON THE STEPHEN COLBERT SHOW TONIGHT ON CBS!!
11:35 EASTERN TIME

played someone to lose... an obvious choice for late night.. not many songs from the new album could be played in that time slot. Sounds like a folky version of a YHF track.

walterfredo

Incredible time at the Fillmore couple weeks back. Ended up getting a hotel right by the venue and the whole band was staying their as well. Chatted briefly with Glenn, super nice guy.

Shug

Saw 2 of the three nights in LA, night two was as an inspired a show as I've seen them play. Wilco are still at the top of their game. Stayed at the Ace hotel in the same building as the venue and saw the band a bunch there too. John Stirrat is a nice dude too.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

DaydreamNation

Hey yall message me if you're interested in buying a ticket to Wilco's Chicago show this thursday 2/23. Thanks!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

CountSA

I hate to speculate but Newport Folk Fest Saturday is lining right up (NJ on Friday, Portland on Sunday).

parkervb

Looks like Wilco is jumping in the resort festival run

https://wilcoskybluesky.com/
Don't you ever turn it off