Author Topic: DANGER! - Political Thread  (Read 26495 times)

johnnYYac

• got that old time feeling moderator
  • BERNIE 2016!
    • johnnYYac's Omnichord Ramblings
Re: DANGER! - Political Thread
« Reply #220 on: Oct 12, 2017, 04:06 PM »
The thing is, I've always liked MMJ_fanatic as a Jacket fan and Forum pal. He's a fellow New Englander and I'm pretty sure we've met before. We can still use our shared love of MMJ as the basis of a friendship, despite disagreeing about politics.

Still, this is a My Morning Jacket fan forum, and the band is politically active. Having one thread to contain political discussions and debate seems reasonable.

One thing I've learned is that even liberals need to get out of their bubble, try to coax conservatives out of theirs, and have a dialog to find common ground. I don't believe the mainstream media is "fake", but we should free ourselves from 24 hour "Breaking News" and listen to each other... with love and respect.
Close enough!

millerjustin

• got that old time feeling
« Reply #221 on: Oct 12, 2017, 04:42 PM »
The thing is, I've always liked MMJ_fanatic as a Jacket fan and Forum pal. He's a fellow New Englander and I'm pretty sure we've met before. We can still use our shared love of MMJ as the basis of a friendship, despite disagreeing about politics.

Still, this is a My Morning Jacket fan forum, and the band is politically active. Having one thread to contain political discussions and debate seems reasonable.

One thing I've learned is that even liberals need to get out of their bubble, try to coax conservatives out of theirs, and have a dialog to find common ground. I don't believe the mainstream media is "fake", but we should free ourselves from 24 hour "Breaking News" and listen to each other... with love and respect.

AMEN John!  thx for the reminder - I wasn't being the person Jim knows I can be lol
What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

« Reply #222 on: Oct 20, 2017, 02:33 AM »
Most of us believe that this is wrong.

walterfredo

« Reply #223 on: Dec 12, 2017, 10:38 PM »
Well done Alabama! It appears only 49% of you want a pedophile...who thinks homosexuality should be a crime, and Muslims should be banned from the govt, and that all the amendments after the 10th should be repealed...representing you. Impressive.

MMJ_fanatic

• why does my mind blow to bits?
« Reply #224 on: Jan 22, 2018, 04:04 PM »

And there's nothing any President can do to change the economy in 9 months,

I'm not going to get sucked into this any further, man - I just feel sad that you're somehow inclined to defend Trump - and how this squares with being a fan of Jim James baffles me.

I live in Albany - feel free to stop by any time and we can finish this discussion in person.

Again you're just flat wrongg--all of the policy changes he's brought, taking the handcuffs of industry has done nothing if not build the consumer confidence and drive these market surges--my 401k is a testimony. 
As far as where you live--I could give a shit.  I live in Oxford MA whoo hoo come get me snowflake

The whole point about fandom was you all attacking me for having my own opinions, that don't necessarily line up with Jim James and "How can you possibly be a fan".....well that's a bullshit attack as big as any liberal bullshit attacke I've ever heard.  Try read back in the thread before attacking to maybe see where I was trying to persuade the staff here to avoid political threads as so many of the other forums I visit do, so we can focus on the band, their greatness, and wonder of good music
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

MMJ_fanatic

« Reply #225 on: Jan 22, 2018, 04:06 PM »

Sorry but all these posts insinuating that fans of the band who hold the same views politically as the band does are somehow magically superior to those who have differing opinions is just ridiculous and specious.  The point of this site (used to be) celebrating the greatness of this magical group and it worked.  Somewhere the site decided to let this type of thread in and that the majority of forums ban:  political threads.  Nuff said let's all get back to MMJ love

Here's just a reminder

walterfredo

« Reply #226 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:34 PM »
if you're happy with the current state of our economy, and the health of your 401K, you can thank the Obama administration.

Trump inherited a healthy, strong economy surging upward. Just like Obama inherited an economy in shambles which had nothing to do with him and everything to do with the previous administration. Of course Trump likes to take credit for it. He likes to take all credit for the good things, and blame the past administration for all the not-so-good things.

Anyhow, we should be thankful for the previous administration for the current health of our economy.

MMJ_fanatic

« Reply #227 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:57 AM »
if you're happy with the current state of our economy, and the health of your 401K, you can thank the Obama administration.

Trump inherited a healthy, strong economy surging upward. Just like Obama inherited an economy in shambles which had nothing to do with him and everything to do with the previous administration. Of course Trump likes to take credit for it. He likes to take all credit for the good things, and blame the past administration for all the not-so-good things.

Anyhow, we should be thankful for the previous administration for the current health of our economy.

INCORRECT  All the executive orders and industry restricitions Obummer put in place was choking off industry.  With the measures President Trump has taken the markets are feeling more confident about Ameircan industry now that companies are bringing jobs back to the states period, but by all means fantasize that the community organizer who's never run a business magically fixed the economy by choking  off industry with regulation good luck.  P.S.--remember Hillary saying she was going to kill coal jobs, well Guess what?  PRESIDENT Trump prevented that and is even hading their keys back to them so thay can run full throttle.

walterfredo

« Reply #228 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:25 AM »
Why I even responded, I do not know. Clearly you know better than the majority of respected economists.

Let me guess, all these scientists are wrong about climate change too?