RIP to a dear MMJ fan

Started by exist10z, Jan 07, 2013, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Aaaaahhh I find myself not on here all so much lately, and only just now read all 4 pages of this thread..... after crying it out, I can finally see the screen again here, and just want to say that Misti (and ExistSis (which is an AWESOME name) ), I am so sorry to hear of your loss. This board is a special, special place, and I'm glad that you've found us and reached out. So much Love in return, from all of us!!!    The letter Jim wrote you is absolutely beautiful and touching, and I'm so glad you can always have it as a comfort.

My Grandma still dances with framed pictures of my Pap...... it is more than a beautiful thing to do.  You're not dancing alone!!!  I never met Erik and haven't been in here much to talk with him much, but I just wanted to send my Love for you and your family and friends, and I hope to meet you at a show sometime in the future!!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

YimYodd

woody,
Wonderful story of your Grandma & Pap.
It , and Misti, inspired me  to play Johnny Cash covering Hank Williams' I Dreamed About Mama Last Night  and to dance w/ a picture of my late Mother- the beautiful , then 17 yr. old Marie.
Many tears... of joy, finally.
Happy to be able to share here w/ so many caring souls.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

ericm

ExistSis,

I'm so sorry for your loss, and my deepest sympathies to you, and your siblings.

I just wanted to tell you how happy I am that you and Erik were the ones my extra PC Thursday tix went to. As bummed as I was that my daughter, and her boyfriend couldn't join me, it warms my heart to know that you guys got the tix, and were able to enjoy that show together. I know it would've been special for me to have my daughter there, but reading your thoughts on that night makes me feel that somehow, someway, those tix were meant for you and Erik all along, and ended up being the special evening I had hoped it would be when I bought them at the onsale.

I had been in touch with Erik through this site, but only got to meet him briefly out front of The Cap, and inside for a minute. He always seemed so genuinely nice to me, and if it's any comfort, I can still see his big smile he had that night. I remember thinking then, I was glad he got the tix, because he sure was happy to be there with you.

Eric
"Where's Jim going?"

rincon2

I for one will guarantee Roll Call tickets for Misti and Existsis when they come back to LA. With this network, I doubt either of you need my help, but if needed you can count on me. I would bet meeting the band is not unreasonable. I can't do anything about that, but apparently you both have some connected allies.

Mr. White

Quote from: Shug on Jan 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
Jim James and MMJ is good people.  I'm proud to be part of the circle.

...and welcome to both of you.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

existsis

You guys are all awesome.  I know Misti and I and all of our family (my siblings, cousins, etc. since they've all been reading these posts, too!) are overwhelmed by the love and support coming from all of you.  We've all been talking and as soon as we can make it happen we all want to go to a show in Erik's honor.  After I got home from the PC show, I was telling everyone how amazing the MMJ fans were and how it was the best concert I had ever been to.  Even 3 feet from the stage, there was no crush, no pushing, just everyone together loving being there and listening to that music.  It was truly amazing and now seeing the outpouring of support here just makes me realize that even more.  Thanks, Ericm, for believing we were meant to have those tickets that night, I really think we were.  I'm truly thankful that Erik got to see all three of those shows, one with me, one with Misti and all three with his best friend, Brendan.  Thanks and love to all of you.

Marisa

sweatboard

It just makes my heart glow that Erik was able to see all three shows with you, Misti, and his best friend.  No way that wasn't written in the stars, ya know. 
There's Still Time.........

weeniebeenie

Existsis, I'm glad that you got to see MMJ with your brother and that you will always have those memories with you where ever you go. My thoughts are with you.
How loud can silence get?

mahg33ta

I for sure am going to try and make whatever show the family chooses to attend in Erik's memory.  THAT will be an outpouring of love, friendship, and good vibes I am sure!

Taterbug

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 12, 2013, 08:59 AM
I for sure am going to try and make whatever show the family chooses to attend in Erik's memory.  THAT will be an outpouring of love, friendship, and good vibes I am sure!

Seconded.   
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

johnnYYac

Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 12, 2013, 09:28 AM

Seconded.
Thirded.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 12, 2013, 09:50 AM
Quote from: Taterbug on Jan 12, 2013, 09:28 AM

Seconded.
Thirded.

Fourth'd
"Where's Jim going?"

ItBeats4Jew

When I see all the love and support shown to Erik's family from people that knew him perhaps only tangentially or who didn't know him at all but just shared this special bond over this special band, and the reaction to that love and support by his loved ones, it gives me some comfort in knowing that whenever it is that I experience personal tragedy or loss this is a place that I can go to help keep my spirit intact.  I think it just speaks to the caliber of people in this community.  Thanks for all of you. 
what Madonna said really helped

Haldon

Im at the pool.....crying....like a baby.  Everyone is staring.
That message from Jim is outta this world.  There is just so much love and compasion amongst this forum, and to see that it reached the band and touched Jim enough for him to write.  It's a mind-blowingly powerful statement about the music, the guys who make it, and the folks who enjoy listening to it. 
Im still crying....

Tired Eyes

Misti and existsis, please accept my condolences at this most difficult time.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I never met Erik but enjoyed his posts here.
I'm glad that you both got to see MMJ with Erik in Port Chester.  I was at the first 2 shows and they were memorable.

paloozajam

Quote from: CC Baxter on Jan 11, 2013, 03:01 PM
a message from jim:

Quotehello misti- so very sad to hear of erik's passing. obviously i did not know your husband, but i do know how very much our fans mean to us in being a part of what we do- because without the fans the circle is not complete, and quite frankly without people like erik we would not be able to do what we do or share what we share, and feel the circle completed with the beautiful exchange of love that goes on between listeners and musicians as music is played and shared. i send a big thank you to the heavens for the energy of erik that he shared with us, while he was here in this realm and on his journeys beyond. our hearts and best wishes go out to you and we send you much love and healing energy. -your pal jim james

this is great. just great. RIP Erik. My condolences Misti.

ynwa

Such sad news.  I'm so sorry for your loss Misti, Marisa and family.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

SaraBananaBear

So very sad reading this, sorry for you loss and all my love to you Misti, Marisa and family.
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Jeff Murray

Very sad news indeed.  My condolences to you both and the families.  If there is a silver lining to this dark cloud, it was good that you both got to experience the band with Erik that brought him so much happiness. 
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

My Morning Tube top

Quote from: existsis on Jan 11, 2013, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this thread or on the forum as a whole.  I'm Erik's sister and I have been reading along with Misti all of these amazing posts from all of you, some of whom never met him in person.  I am sitting here in tears, overwhelmed with all the love and support coming out of all of you.  Erik was my older brother and always my music mentor from the time I started listening to my own music as an 11 year old.  I have countless "mix tapes" and eventually cd's that he has made for me over the years.  Needless to say, he introduced me to MMJ a few years ago and I, of course, fell in love.  He's been trying to get me to a live show ever since. He finally succeeded in Port Chester.  I'm sure I saw many of you there.  We were right there with many of you in the line debacle Thursday night when none of us knew where to go and then we finally got in early, what a thrill.  Erik kept telling me 90% of his excitement was having me there with him.  (one of you mentioned that you knew he was trying to get a ticket for his sister, well that was me and I was there) I'm so thankful that I was there with him for that show. He kept pointing some of you out and saying I think that's so and so from the board, but I'm not sure. I'd say, say hi! We were just 2 people back from the stage close to Carl but towards the middle, were any of you near us Thursday?   Ruckus, he spoke about you to me by name saying that you bonded over both being from Baltimore :)   Thank you so much to everyone for all the beautiful things you've said about my brother.  I can't express how much that means to all of us.  There are 4 of us siblings and we're all so tight, losing him has felt like someone has torn off one of my limbs.  I am absolutely floored and overwhelmed, like Misti, that Jim James left a message for her about Erik. What an amazing testament to what an incredible band MMJ is and how awesome the fans are.  I agree with the sentiment...best band and fans EVER.

Hi,

I wanted to reach out and send my love and thoughts. I live in LA and am planning on meeting up with your sister in law when she returns to California. I was outside the Capital Theater with Ericm the Thursday night he handed over the tickets to your brother. I remember Erik's excitement and anticipation for the show, which we all know so well. It made me smile! I must have been around him at the Wiltern shows as well looking back  :smiley: I was deeply touched by your sentiment and music mentoring in your brother. I too have older brothers and my oldest's music was my training ground, listening to his records as a child. I was able to bring him to the Boston NYE show and share with him this community, meeting many people on the board. His sentiments were he couldn't get over all the love, diversity and community we had here.

I am beyond sorry for your loss and know that Erik has his hands in connecting you to all of us. I am so happy you were able to share that night with him! It will forever be carried in your soul and his as well. Much love and healing to you and your family!

If you ever need anything never hesitate to reach out!
xo Jenn