New live album coming...

Started by johnnYYac, Jun 10, 2016, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenparty

Can we task you OBH attendees the job of getting to the bottom of this?

Buy one of the dudes a drink and get some info please

need more tunes :headphones:

Lonndown27

Quote from: gardenparty on Feb 16, 2018, 05:35 PM

Absolutely guys and gals if this thing is close to being released we gotta get some info on this as soon as possible. I think a Jim solo record is WAY too soon after Eternally Even and Tribute To 2 to be released . Gimme both i dont mind hahaha but i think the band will put out the live album and then in September we'll see the new Jimothy record
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Feb 16, 2018, 09:39 PM

Absolutely guys and gals if this thing is close to being released we gotta get some info on this as soon as possible. I think a Jim solo record is WAY too soon after Eternally Even and Tribute To 2 to be released . Gimme both i dont mind hahaha but i think the band will put out the live album and then in September we'll see the new Jimothy record

Maybe if we're lucky they announce the live record at OBH4 and like idk maybe include something cool from the live album (physical copy of the single or something if live albums get singles lol) thatd be sweet for those lucky ones attending and also the earliest possible announcement we could get i believe

Lonndown27

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 17, 2018, 01:02 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Feb 16, 2018, 09:39 PM

Maybe if we're lucky they announce the live record at OBH4 and like idk maybe include something cool from the live album (physical copy of the single or something if live albums get singles lol) thatd be sweet for those lucky ones attending and also the earliest possible announcement we could get i believe

That would be sexy and yes live records do deserve singles look at Im Ready by Humble Pie or Do You Feel Like We Do by Frampton or Rock and roll All Nite from Alive or Freebird from One More From the Road , Whipping Post from At Fillmore East, Anytime from Okonokos was a sorta single, it WAS the preview video released before Okonokos came out, I remember!!!! I was eagerly anticipating it and that version of Anytime totally twisted my view of that song inside out. Little Feat's "Dixie Chicken" from Waiting For Columbus, Grateful Dead's "Wharf Rat" and "Goin Down The Road Feelin Bad" and "Me and My Uncle" from Skulls and Roses, He's Gone, Brown Eyed Women and Cumberland Blues from Europe 72. Maybe some of these aren't or weren't official singles, but they sure as fucking hell would work  :cool: :cool: :cool:
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

APR

Quote from: millerjustin on Feb 16, 2018, 10:25 AM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 15, 2018, 08:36 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Feb 15, 2018, 05:46 PM
fuckin hate how there's never news about this until Jim says it's coming and then it doesnt. lets blast the Jacket twitter with requests until they produce this hahah
I get my hopes up every time i get the little notification that they've tweeted/posted in instagram and every time i am disappointed. Bust it out soon guys please!!!!

big things rolling out after OBH

Super.   Thanks for brightening our day.  This is my favorite post in a while.  I'm stoked......millerjustin is in the know so I'm looking forward to some March news. 

Lonndown27

Millerjustin HOW DO YOUUUUU KNOW?!??!!?? Are you the arcitect (sp) on the ceiling??

parkervb

here's an idea: don't put the guys in a position where you are asking them something they may not be allowed to share. Ask them about what they've been listening to or something they've read recently, what's their favorite venue to play, shit like that.
Don't you ever turn it off

jttouch2

I can't decide if i prefer the live album or the Jim solo album to come out first-live album will no doubt be more fun & exciting, but Jim solo would set up a summer tour AND would give us the opportunity to hear a couple new tunes with the louisville orchestra in april. Can't stop thinking about the prospects of either one though!!!!!

sillyboob

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 21, 2018, 02:52 PM
I can't decide if i prefer the live album or the Jim solo album to come out first-live album will no doubt be more fun & exciting, but Jim solo would set up a summer tour AND would give us the opportunity to hear a couple new tunes with the louisville orchestra in april. Can't stop thinking about the prospects of either one though!!!!!

Regarding live albums, keep in mind we *should* be getting three live My Morning Jacket albums a month or so after One Big Holiday if things are like they were with prior OBHs.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

jttouch2

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 21, 2018, 03:24 PM

Regarding live albums, keep in mind we *should* be getting three live My Morning Jacket albums a month or so after One Big Holiday if things are like they were with prior OBHs.
a lot of people seem to be worried about that being the case this year though with the impending release of a true live album, it could seem like a conflict of interest for the band to release that live material. hopefully they just release it all though, i know i'd definitely be purchasing it all

Lonndown27

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 21, 2018, 04:49 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 21, 2018, 03:24 PM

a lot of people seem to be worried about that being the case this year though with the impending release of a true live album, it could seem like a conflict of interest for the band to release that live material. hopefully they just release it all though, i know i'd definitely be purchasing it all

Absolutely!!! MMJ.....have my money!!!

Lonndown27

I believe THIS will come out :

OKONOKOS II: The Beacon Odyssey

Featuring
Phone Went West
Victory Dance
Circuital
State of the Art
Picture of You
War Begun
The Dark
Spring into Off the Record from MPP (pipe dream)
Tropics
Only memories Remain
Compound Fracture
Masterplan
They Ran
Easy Morning Rebel
Evelyns Not Real
Outta My System
Evil Urges
Touch Me II
Highly Suspicious
Rollin Back
Cobra
Its about Twilight Now
Just because I Do
Etc etc and many more

And justin miller can you confirm.anything especially regarding the visual realm???

MOWJO8185

People who keep putting out wish tracklists that don't include any Okonokos songs are fooling themselves. I get the wishful thinking, MMJ coming out with a live album that doesn't include Wordless Chorus, One Big Holiday, etc. is just not in the realm of possibility.

jttouch2

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Feb 23, 2018, 01:28 PM
People who keep putting out wish tracklists that don't include any Okonokos songs are fooling themselves. I get the wishful thinking, MMJ coming out with a live album that doesn't include Wordless Chorus, One Big Holiday, etc. is just not in the realm of possibility.
You're very correct I'm afraid. Hopefully the only Okonokos repeats are songs that have undergone live changes though, I.E. the Steam Sax, the extra long Dondantes, the Gideon jam, and War>IWSYS. Wordless too i guess with the "lights out" stop thing, even if thats not a big change. I just really dont want a wordless or OBH be included at the expense of an awesome Only Memories Remain jam or something like that.

sillyboob

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 23, 2018, 05:26 PM
You're very correct I'm afraid. Hopefully the only Okonokos repeats are songs that have undergone live changes though, I.E. the Steam Sax, the extra long Dondantes, the Gideon jam, and War>IWSYS. Wordless too i guess with the "lights out" stop thing, even if thats not a big change. I just really dont want a wordless or OBH be included at the expense of an awesome Only Memories Remain jam or something like that.

You do have the OBH2 Only Memories Remain I hope.  That jam was a cool groove, for a time, there by the sea.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lonndown27

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 23, 2018, 05:46 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 23, 2018, 05:26 PM

You do have the OBH2 Only Memories Remain I hope.  That jam was a cool groove, for a time, there by the sea.

I hope the safe speculation is wrong and theres no repeats. I just simply put the tracks that HAVE to make it.  I really dont understand the point of yet another Obh or Mahgeetah or Wordless ESPECIALLY at the expense of more than worthy masterpieces we all  know the names of that weren't on Okonokos I.  Itd be criminal. Call it wishful thinking call it naive but i call it common sense with such a ridiculous discography with only 1/4 of it discovered by the mainstream so far.

Repeats thatd not only make sense but would be alright:
Dondante
Steam Engine

And really none other come to mind. Especially at the expense of 6 or 7 off Evil Urges 5 from Circuital 4 or 5 from Waterfall then State of the Art Carried away potentially.  As long as say 18 of 25 songs arent from Okonokos ill be more than pleased but lets remember how gigantic and beautiful their discography is and hope they think the same

jttouch2

I really really hope OBH4 is the live album or that we get both the live album and obh4 downloads
edit: crazy thought-will we get this for a record store day release!?!?!?! its coming up and that would be totally wicked and much sooner than I anticipated!!!

ericm

Quote from: jttouch2 on Mar 03, 2018, 10:42 PM
I really really hope OBH4 is the live album or that we get both the live album and obh4 downloads
edit: crazy thought-will we get this for a record store day release!?!?!?! its coming up and that would be totally wicked and much sooner than I anticipated!!!

Well Jim is on record saying the new live album is already done so it's not gonna be OBH 4, but I'm with you on hoping they'll be available for download.
"Where's Jim going?"

subinai

if they release the OBH4 recordings, can we lobby for the band to release the b-sides/covers from T5?

Lonndown27

Quote from: subinai on Mar 06, 2018, 09:54 AM
if they release the OBH4 recordings, can we lobby for the band to release the b-sides/covers from T5?

That would be fantastic but we're gonna have MORE THAN ENOUGH to sift through for the next year or more. I've listened to the RR2015 show but haven't studied it as i have other shows and i need to. I did get the pay per view live stream that night though. Even RR2016 hasn't been discovered yet completely

Shows the band has done recently that have or will be released in the last/ next year:

RR2016 Night I 2 hours and 55 minutes
RR2016 NIght II 3 hours
Denver 2017 Night I 2 hours and 40 minutes
Denver 2017 Night II 2 hours and 35 minutes
Denver 2017 Night III NYE 2 hours and 48 minutes
OBH4 Night I 3 hours
OBH4 Night II 3 hours and 5 minutes
OBH4 Night III 3 hours and 15 minutes
Forest Hills 2017 2 hours and 25 minutes
MPP2017 2 hours and 20 minutes
Cincy 2017 2 hours and 30 minutes

Thats 11 full shows we've got in full footage, audio etc. Well documented and represented shows.

Then theres the Beacon 2015 shows that'll most likely make up the live album. 

That's an incredible list from November 2015 to now. This touring cycle for Waterfall 2015-March 2018 may go down as potentially the greatest touring cycle of their career easily challenging the magnificent megalodon that was the 2011-2012 Circuital cycle which i had always thought was an apex they'd never get back to. And here they are.

As sad as i am to have missed their 2007 Depot show, i feel very privileged to haveseen them 5 times and 4 of them from 2015 to 2017 and once in 2012. Feelsgood when i look at my show list compared to others. Can you say Jacket show list size insecurity???  :cool: