I love
« on: Oct 21, 2017, 12:57 AM »
this band

LBSUNFLWR

• got that old time feeling
Re: I love
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2017, 12:11 PM »
Ditto.

Kinda crazy but this band changed my life for the better. When Carl's album All Birds Say came out I read a comment someone made online saying it was like part Ryan Adams' Jacksonville City Nights and part MMJ. Since I loved both those things I replied to that by saying those six letters got me very excited about this album: JCN and MMJ. Because of that comment I got a PM from a stranger in Louisville, KY that I almost just ignored at first, but decided there was no harm in replying.  That stranger and I fell in love over the following few months and I moved to Louisville, KY to live with him. Next week will be 6 years since I made that move!!

Emb1528

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2017, 10:51 AM »
Ditto.

Kinda crazy but this band changed my life for the better. When Carl's album All Birds Say came out I read a comment someone made online saying it was like part Ryan Adams' Jacksonville City Nights and part MMJ. Since I loved both those things I replied to that by saying those six letters got me very excited about this album: JCN and MMJ. Because of that comment I got a PM from a stranger in Louisville, KY that I almost just ignored at first, but decided there was no harm in replying.  That stranger and I fell in love over the following few months and I moved to Louisville, KY to live with him. Next week will be 6 years since I made that move!!

That is awesome
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

sillyboob

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Ditto.

Wow - that is very cool!!!
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

APR

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2017, 02:11 PM »
Ditto.

Very nice.  Thanks for sharing that story.

rkwedge

• senior member sr.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2017, 04:57 PM »
Ditto.

Beautiful Story! I think your stranger is a lucky man. Tom Blankenship once told my son "That's what this band is all about bringing love, togetherness and healing to people"
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2017, 05:59 PM »
 :smiley: :smiley: <3 <3

johnnYYac

• got that old time feeling moderator
  • BERNIE 2016!
    • johnnYYac's Omnichord Ramblings
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Forum Love Connection! Happy for you two. Curious who the mysterious stranger is...  :rolleyes:
Close enough!

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Forum Love Connection! Happy for you two. Curious who the mysterious stranger is...  :rolleyes:

Ha! This was not the place where I met him. It was a discussion of Carl's album elsewhere online, but our common love for MMJ is what initially brought us together.

johnnYYac

• got that old time feeling moderator
  • BERNIE 2016!
    • johnnYYac's Omnichord Ramblings
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2017, 09:06 PM »

Ha! This was not the place where I met him. It was a discussion of Carl's album elsewhere online, but our common love for MMJ is what initially brought us together.
Oops! Forgive me for jumping to conclusions. Still happy for you. Its a nice story.
Close enough!

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2017, 08:27 AM »

Oops! Forgive me for jumping to conclusions. Still happy for you. Its a nice story.

Thank you! :)

Lonndown27

« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2017, 02:09 PM »
what an awesome story LBSUNFLWR hahah so cool !!! also cool to see you guys are stone-cold Carl fans too!
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015 + 12/29/2017 + 12/30/2017 +    12/31/2017

LBSUNFLWR

« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:01 AM »
Stone cold! 😊😊