dcfire

TONIGHT

I

WANNA

CELEBRATE

WITH

YOU!!!!!

Cameron

Finally got to see Rocket Man and Tyrone. Great night.

AKS

Great pics from tonight, DCFIRE! Hell of a show! One more to go!

mdgsolo

Has anyone put up pics of the show poster or VIP poster?  I'd love to see them!

CC

Quote from: mdgsolo on Aug 10, 2019, 02:57 AMHas anyone put up pics of the show poster or VIP poster?  I'd love to see them!

Status Serigraph +
limited (100) reprint of the original elephant poster
up here
http://archive.mymorningjacket.net/index.php/shows/2019-shows/2019-08-09-capitol-theatre-port-chester-ny

dexter

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 08, 2019, 10:54 AMbeen looking at some setlists and checking out some shows from 99-00 to see other "songs from that era" could be in the mix and I had never heard them tuning and warming up with a "cover" of White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane.  It sounds pretty great, some funny Jim commentary about having some red KoolAid after the show "if you know what I mean"

https://relisten.net/mmj/2000/01/29/tuning-guitars-white-rabbit-jefferson-airplane?source=60142

Covers from that era definitely incl Tyrone and Rocket Man. I'm totally ok with either of those tomorrow. Suspicious Minds would kill too.

I wonder how much from At Dawn we will get...

Nailed it!

dexter

What a treat that was last night. To be able to get that and then probably a hits fest tonight back to back will be a great dose of mmj.

I thought they jammed and extended a lot of these songs tonight and the sound (where I was at least) was pretty awesome. I can't go through song by song because I lost track of each time a song got me "there", but it was a lot.

I wasn't at T5 but I did see this album at OBH and it was night and day I thought. OBH has SO much talking, I guess people were amped up in beach party mode and weren't expecting that, and I also don't remember them extending the songs as much/at all in the DR. Last night people were pretty dialed in, with about 1/10th the chatter. Also it was funny seeing the entire left half of the front row head banging (when appropriate) in unison, women too. Awesome. Not afraid to admit I was peeking at the track listing on the wall from time to time when I'd lose my place ha.

And then the encore was just a great cherry on top. What a perfect way to end the show and stay in the era. I left extremely satiated.

I liked Jim's comment about it being 20 years later, and trying to remember who you were back then and bring that part of these songs back, but also be true to yourself in the now. Got me thinking I was 22 and probably did more stupid than good things back then, but it's still the same person. Eh I'll stop now. He said it better than me.

While I always enjoy myself at that venue I just wish they weren't so hypocritical. They run with the hippy/dead vibe because it suits them financially but will go after someone like el chapo if they see them smoking a joint. Didn't see anyone smoking. (Smartly so, who wants to get kicked out of that show). Had to be extremely careful even with a pen.  Garcia's afterwards was the most crowded I've ever seen it after a show. Place was going off.

I didn't feel like waiting in a merch line but there was some pretty cool stuff to mark the occasion. Kinda bummed but my merch days are pretty much over anyway, but still woulda wanted something.

Congrats to all those that attended. What a treat. See you this eve!

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: dcfire on Aug 09, 2019, 10:34 PMTONIGHT

I

WANNA

CELEBRATE

WITH

YOU!!!!!

Love seeing these! Please bring back the fan album CC!!!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

Listening to the show this morning and it's a great recording. The recordist thanked Ryan Pickett so I'm assuming he was right at soundboard.

What an amazing show, so many great moments but They Ran was perfection. Jim's voice and Bo's keys. Wow. War Begun was on another level. Twilight. Holy Metal Jacket. Rocket Man was THE perfect encore opener.

Reiterate what dexter said about the crowd too! Made it even more special

Glad to see ya robb, APR, and the other familiar forum faces. Say hi tonight
Don't you ever turn it off

dexter

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 10, 2019, 10:17 AMListening to the show this morning and it's a great recording. The recordist thanked Ryan Pickett so I'm assuming he was right at soundboard.

What an amazing show, so many great moments but They Ran was perfection. Jim's voice and Bo's keys. Wow. War Begun was on another level. Twilight. Holy Metal Jacket. Rocket Man was THE perfect encore opener.

Reiterate what dexter said about the crowd too! Made it even more special

Glad to see ya robb, APR, and the other familiar forum faces. Say hi tonight

How do I get this recording please? It's never been my strong suit finding these things and figuring out how to play it