What the world needs now is MMJ music

Started by Wbminn, Mar 24, 2020, 11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wbminn

While in the midst of this Covid-19 pandemic, any chance My Morning Jacket will release any LIVE music from their archive? Something along the lines of what Father John Misty has done? Thanks!

ChiefOKONO

Totally agree!  Release it!!!!

although, it seems like a lot of artists are postponing releases these days likely because they can't really go out there and promote them or tour....

Hoptimus Prime

Seems like now would be a great time for live releases.  I wouldn't assume touring would be a big benefit in terms of marketing a live album with no new material.  All the electronic crap should suffice!  I'm dying for something...  Especially with all of our shows and camping trips cancelled. Silver lining is that I had over $1000 in ticket money credited back to my card between Oysterhead and Pearl Jam alone.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

ChiefOKONO

Yes, I agree that they wouldn't need to tour to market a live album.

I think they should release a few for download if they don't want to do the whole physical release route....

sillyboob

Isn't there a live album laying around just waiting to be released?
2012: 8/3   2015: 1/31 2/1 2/3 8/14   2017: 2/4 2/5 2/7 7/7   2018: 3/2 3/3 3/5   2019: 8/9  8/10

ChiefOKONO

There is and I have no idea why they are taking so long to release it!!!

Mr. White

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-pmbj_HTpM/

Jim will be playing from his home on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight (Monday, April 6, 2020).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member & The Young Turks (Activist Level) Member

CC

Quote from: Mr. White on Yesterday at 08:11 pmhttps://www.instagram.com/p/B-pmbj_HTpM/

Jim will be playing from his home on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight (Monday, April 6, 2020).

"Lean On Me" In Honor Of Bill Withers

Derek713

rkwedge

Another beautiful tribute by Jim.  Is his hat going to survive the "Stay at Home"?
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

have you truly lived until you've sang this song at the top of your lungs?
Don't you ever turn it off

ChiefOKONO

Thank you so much for posting that!!!