Now is the final chance MMJ have To Release Beacon or pre-2018 shows

Started by Lonndown27, May 21, 2020, 12:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

This is an opportunity for the band to release what we've all been waiting for. Loving the new Nugs shows but this is really the final chance the band can do this. Judging by the lack of concerts, releases such as this would definitely be supported by the fans to try and keep the business alive. Every artist should take advantage of the opportunity to release the archival magic
MMJ: 8/2/2012+10/07/2015+12/29/2017+12/30/2017+12/31/2017 (JIM): 11/5/2018

Osistheones

I don't follow the logic at all. What about the current situation gives them an ultimatum like this? Seems a bit dramatic.

Woody

I do find it very odd that this hasn't been released yet. Covid or no covid. These shows are almost 5 years old. At this point I would be surprised (yet happy) if this ever sees the light of day. I agree that now is as good a time as any.

Osistheones

Not trying to be dense, but why is it odd and what's special about The Beacon with regards to releasing them by a certain date? I know it was a good run of shows, but I don't really get it. Aren't there a bunch of shows presumably in the vault? Or no?

RobRoy286

I just truly don't understand their thinking anymore. Haven't in years. They've been sitting on finished material for going on 5 years now. I understand not wanting to release a new studio album if you can't tour behind it. But they've had material FINISHED (in their own words). It's real frustrating, while other bands are churning out new material and staying relevant. I mean they are people living their lives, so who knows what's going on.

But goddamn I just do not understand. They just don't seem to care anymore, sadly.

ChiefOKONO

I don't really get it either. If they already have the live recordings ready to go, are they thinking of doing a full physical release with artwork and vinyl and liner notes etc? Maybe that makes them want to procrastinate??!

Studio is another matter - they probably want to do a full tour to promote, etc.