The Waterfall II

Started by johnnYYac, Jul 06, 2020, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Osistheones on Sep 01, 2020, 02:45 PMI've learned by now that if you expect a record to look like the mock-up (especially if it looks extra cool) you're gonna have a bad time

Sage advice indeed.

I'm fine with mine being red and blue because it still matches nicely with the cover art.

Mr. White

Got my clear vinyl from Bandcamp in the mail today.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

1eyed_jack

Honestly, this whole colortest situation is stupid. Sounds like people have been having an issue with them for awhile, let alone from this preorder. Question is, why hasn't the band done anything about it? I'm sure they have to be aware of some of these issues, why not find a new site to go through that doesn't screw their biggest fans?

MMJCOBRA

Ehhh... One thing this whole COVID mess has taught me is to not sweat the small stuff.

1eyed_jack

I get that for sure, but for a company to take my money, tell me I'll get something on release day, and not even have the decency to send out a mass email saying there were shipping delays, sorry for any inconvenience, is kind of messed up.

Stuff happens, I get it, but keeping a customer informed on what they gave you money for should be assumed, not a luxury

Cameron

They did send the 20% off coupon code for the screw up. It's some consolation I guess.

Bagels

I'm a teacher and today was the first time back in my school in six months. I've been going through hell from a nasty breakup.

My vinyl showed up today. I've listened to Run It more times than I can count. I'm going to have the most peaceful sleep I've had in weeks.

MMJ always delivers when I need them to, and I'm so so so thankful for them.

searchinbig

Still no tracking number.  :cry:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Cameron

reedj66

MMJCOBRA

To those still waiting, were you one of the first 1000 orders?

In the LP listing it said that the 1st 1000 orders would receive theirs by release date (which ended up being pushed back a week or so).

Also said after those first 1000, they wouldnt start shipping those until after Sept 7.

searchinbig

Quote from: unravelled on Sep 10, 2020, 11:30 AMTo those still waiting, were you one of the first 1000 orders?

In the LP listing it said that the 1st 1000 orders would receive theirs by release date (which ended up being pushed back a week or so).

Also said after those first 1000, they wouldnt start shipping those until after Sept 7.

Yes sir. I was one of those first 1000. Still waiting. They did not say how long after Sept 7th though.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Cameron

same.  they screwed up and shipped out of order.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Cameron on Sep 10, 2020, 12:31 PMsame.  they screwed up and shipped out of order.

OK, that is screwed up. The following have already been shipped to me:
  • MMJ website w signed photo week after release
  • Spotify LP w signed photo two weeks after release
  • VMP version this week

Dangles

Yes. I was one of first 1k. Got an email confirmed signed photo.

They said they screwed up the order fulfillment.

Cameron

Got a response to my email from 2 weeks ago that it will now ship AFTER 9/14. How long after? We'll see.

Emb1528

I just got a response from colortest merch that messed my spotify bundle up and sent me what says is green/orange, but looks blue/orange. They said that they have come to learn that there have been a number of fans who received a copy that was a different color than advertised, and that they are experiencing a limited number of replacements from manufacturer over the next few weeks.

I had to send them photos of the disc. My concern is that I got the TOTALLY wrong version. Sounds like some of the green/orange pressing came off as blue and not green... We'll see what they come back with.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

MMJCOBRA

Mine is blue and red.

General rule of thumb.... The cooler the mock, the greater the differential from the actual product.

This LP is about middle of the mock vs actual road.

Lucius

I've been told shipping is after the 25th in the UK :undecided:

The record store were cool about it though, and the guy I was exchanging emails with says he's seen photos of the LP from a friend and that it looks sick. So, hopefully that means the right colours :huh: 

Can't wait to finally get my hands on this!
it wouldn't be a party without you

CountSA

Quote from: Emb1528 on Sep 01, 2020, 12:41 PMI ordered the spotify bundle and when I received it last week it says that it is the orange/green on the outside, but it actually looks orange and blue. I emailed them about the mix up asking about not receiving the correct gold spotify copy and have not heard back from them at all. Disappointing...

If it makes you feel any better the Spotify yellow version is pretty meh.  I thought it would be an opaque yellow but it's clear.