JIM JAMES TOP 40 HITS! 1978-2007 (Performed Live!)

Started by Bermuda_Hitchhiker, Mar 17, 2008, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I remember when "dual cassette decks" came out, and it was like, damn!  I'm never going to need to buy music again!  I will record all of my friends tapes and I will listen to them forever!  This must be a real blow to the music industry!  What are they going to do!

So, since once again, nobody pays attention to history, I will go ahead and solve the problem for these "poor" music industry suits.

Step One:  Create a new format.  I'm thinking a jump drive device similar to the special edition jump drives that the White Stripes sold a few months back.  That way, you get the best of both worlds, a digital recording, and a hard package that comes with liner notes, artwork, and that new jump drive smell. ::)

Step Two:  Make it 5.1 audio.  That way, you can talk about how great it is, and tell everyone they are crazy if they listen to anything else but 5.1.  "Oh, you have 128 k mp3? *turns nose up as if something died*  How can you even subject your poor ears to that?"  Also, even if it is digital and easy to put on your computer, it's 120 gazillion gigs, so it won't be easily transferable thru the interweb.

Step Three:  You can put videos, artwork, messages, concert ticket coupons, all on the same jump drive.

Step Four:  Make the dumb end of the jump drive look like something.  For instance, Z would be the top half of a Panda.  At Dawn, maybe a flying V.  How sweet would that be?  "Hey Joe, pass me the At Dawn Jump."  "Which one is it?"  "The flying V dumbass, duh?" (My friend Joe is kind of slow.)

Step Five:  Sell jump drive music cases to keep them in, commemoritive additions, jump drive cleaners and all kinds of other bullshit that I would probably get sucked into.

Attn: Music giants, please send royalty fees to:

BH
PO Box 27
St. Charles, MO  63303

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

danz

so awesome, thanks.  

so this is every song jim has preformed solo/live?  what about "picture of you?"

Mr. T.

Required listening!

Great effort. Thank you very very much Bevil Hevil
We are young despite the years,
we are concern,
we are hope despite the times

BH

so this is every song jim has preformed solo/live?  what about "picture of you?"

You would think he's done Picture of You solo wouldn't you.  But no.  Well, it's never shown up on any solo show setlist that is available.  (I still havn't gotten around to cross referencing all of the new setlists that Riny put up so maybe it will show up.) It's definately not on any available recording.

I think maybe the drums are too important to that song, kind of like I Will Sing You Songs.  Both soft and beautiful, yet difficult to do them justice with just an acoustic?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

1derfulman

Kory

QuoteI remember when "dual cassette decks" came out, and it was like, damn!  I'm never going to need to buy music again!  I will record all of my friends tapes and I will listen to them forever!  This must be a real blow to the music industry!  What are they going to do!

So, since once again, nobody pays attention to history, I will go ahead and solve the problem for these "poor" music industry suits.

Step One:  Create a new format.  I'm thinking a jump drive device similar to the special edition jump drives that the White Stripes sold a few months back.  That way, you get the best of both worlds, a digital recording, and a hard package that comes with liner notes, artwork, and that new jump drive smell. ::)

Step Two:  Make it 5.1 audio.  That way, you can talk about how great it is, and tell everyone they are crazy if they listen to anything else but 5.1.  "Oh, you have 128 k mp3? *turns nose up as if something died*  How can you even subject your poor ears to that?"  Also, even if it is digital and easy to put on your computer, it's 120 gazillion gigs, so it won't be easily transferable thru the interweb.

Step Three:  You can put videos, artwork, messages, concert ticket coupons, all on the same jump drive.

Step Four:  Make the dumb end of the jump drive look like something.  For instance, Z would be the top half of a Panda.  At Dawn, maybe a flying V.  How sweet would that be?  "Hey Joe, pass me the At Dawn Jump."  "Which one is it?"  "The flying V dumbass, duh?" (My friend Joe is kind of slow.)

Step Five:  Sell jump drive music cases to keep them in, commemoritive additions, jump drive cleaners and all kinds of other bullshit that I would probably get sucked into.

Attn: Music giants, please send royalty fees to:

BH
PO Box 27
St. Charles, MO  63303

I'm a month late reading this but it's hilarious!!
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

Angry Ewok

WTF. I never even saw this thread.

I just loaded up my jump drive with some Jacket. Yessssss....
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

Cameron

SaraBananaBear

Beautiful! I'm having a happy-joy-pure-love-monent here in Sweden over this, woop wooop, lovely!  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

Holy Fuck, BH!  I've seen this and yet did not have it.  What was I thinking?  I can't burn the CDs fast enough.  Thank God for long commutes!  Thanks for doing this, then and now.  
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

My Morning Coffee

~ I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong ~

iLikeBeer

Thanks to whoever bumped this thread!

Amazing compilation BH!  Thank you thank you thank you!  And yes John, thank God for long commutes!  8-)

SVRDhand13

I love Disc 1 and 3, but Disc 2's zip file will not download past the 61.1 MB mark :-?.

Anyone else having this issue?  I need these At Dawn songs and would really appreciate any help!!!!
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

BH

QuoteI love Disc 1 and 3, but Disc 2's zip file will not download past the 61.1 MB mark :-?.

Anyone else having this issue?  I need these At Dawn songs and would really appreciate any help!!!!

I can try to re-up soon.  I'll let you know when it's been changed.....

SVRDhand13

QuoteI love Disc 1 and 3, but Disc 2's zip file will not download past the 61.1 MB mark :-?.

Thanks!   ;D
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

BH

Thanks!   ;D

Here ya go.  Sorry for the delay.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4D1C1M0Y

SVRDhand13

Thanks!   ;D

Here ya go.  Sorry for the delay.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4D1C1M0Y

Thanks so much!

SVRDhand13

BH

QuoteNevermind

What do you mean?  Did it not work?